Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pink Floyd and Roger Waters to reunite

Golgo-13

Big news for Floyd fans:

Classic Pink Floyd Lineup to Play Live 8

By Associated Press

LONDON --

Organizers of the London Live 8 concert said Sunday that the British rock band Pink Floyd would perform with its classic lineup at the July event for the first time in more than two decades.

Guitarist David Gilmour, drummer Nick Mason, bass player Roger Waters and keyboard player Richard Wright have not performed on stage together since 1981.

The group, which achieved major success with their 1973 album "Dark Side Of The Moon," will join musical acts including Elton John, Madonna, Paul McCartney and Coldplay at the anti-poverty concert in Hyde Park on July 2.

"Like most people I want to do everything I can to persuade the G-8 leaders to make huge commitments to the relief of poverty and increased aid to the third world," Gilmour said.

"It's crazy that America gives such a paltry percentage of its GNP to the starving nations."

Waters, the group's founder, split with the rest of the band after a falling-out in the 1980s.

"Any squabbles Roger and the band have had in the past are so petty in this context, and if re-forming for this concert will help focus attention then it's going to be worthwhile," Gilmour said.

http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/sns-ap-britain-pink-floyd,1,6205324.story

Originally posted by Golgo-13

"It's crazy that America gives such a paltry percentage of its GNP to the starving nations."

It's crazy that Bush and Blair just worked to encourage absolving the debt of these same countries. On ther other hand...it's Pink Floyd baby.

:cool: Makes things worth watching right there.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Money, get away.

Get a good job with good pay and you’re okay.

Money, it’s a gas.

Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash.

New car, caviar, four star daydream,

Think I’ll buy me a football team.

Money, get back.

I’m all right jack keep your hands off of my stack.

Money, it’s a hit.

Don’t give me that do goody good bull****.

I’m in the high-fidelity first class traveling set

And I think I need a lear jet.

Money, it’s a crime.

Share it fairly but don’t take a slice of my pie.

Money, so they say

Is the root of all evil today.

But if you ask for a raise it’s no surprise that they’re

Giving none away.

Huhuh! I was in the right!

Yes, absolutely in the right!

I certainly was in the right!

You was definitely in the right. that geezer was cruising for a

Bruising!

Yeah!

Why does anyone do anything?

I don’t know, I was really drunk at the time!

I was just telling him, he couldn’t get into number 2. he was asking

Why he wasn’t coming up on freely, after I was yelling and

Screaming and telling him why he wasn’t coming up on freely.

It came as a heavy blow, but we sorted the matter out

Dang!!!!!!! I was hoping they would play some shows in the U.S.

By the way, I just listened to "Us & Them", "Breathe", "Goodbye Blue Sky", and currently "Learning to Fly" before seeing the thread. Kinda eerie.

Originally posted by codeorama

I hope the concert is put out on DVD, that would be really cool.

I think it's a safe bet they will release it on DVD. I was talking to a friend about flying over to see the concert but then I found out tickets are only going to be available by winning a contest and only for UK residents. I bet those puppies will sell on ebay for a pretty penny.

Originally posted by Golgo-13

I think it's a safe bet they will release it on DVD. I was talking to a friend about flying over to see the concert but then I found out tickets are only going to be available by winning a contest and only for UK residents. I bet those puppies will sell on ebay for a pretty penny.

No doubt, I bet some will go for a small fortune.

Originally posted by Whatchamacallit23

It would be great if they agree to do some touring here in the states :) I'd pay to see Pink Floyd in concert again. I saw them when they did the Division Bell Tour back in 1994. Does anyone else remember that?

I went to that. While I enjoyed it, I much preferred seeing Roger Waters during the In the Flesh tour a couple of years ago.

Archived