Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looking back Im estatic the Skins got Springs!

Pretty healthy? He was 100% healthy last year. So he got a concussion, that has nothing to do with being injury prone. That's a player that plays his heart out. He was damn happy with the contract he got late in his career and helped our defense gain it's #3 (#2 in some circles) ranking. He is a true shut down corner, versitile, he can do it all. He is one of the best players on our team right now and I'm proud to have him in the B&G.

Originally posted by authentic

its funny that there aren't more threads about this guy.

I think it has to do with the fact that he worked hard, played exceptionally well for this Defense, kept his nose clean and you didn't see him get lit up much last year. He's sufferring from "Randy Thomas Syndrome." :laugh:

As long as you don't hear much in reference to him, he's doing alright... :cheers:

Nick

Funny u shd start this thread, I met Shawn Springs in from\nt of a club in DC last saturday, and he is a real down to earth guy. One thing, I noticed, in person he looks HUGE for a corner. Or maybe am just small :(

He quickly became my favorite redskin after I met him.

:)

he was a class act and played his heart out he washington and griffin were great new redkskins. this year i espect more from sprinmgs becuase i think rogers willl be a better complaiment to him then smoot. now im not saying hell be better then smoot but better in williams D to go with smoot . it seemed like when a cb blitzed it was 99% springs , i assume it was because of his size and ability to get to the qb and in this respect i think rogers will be better than smoot allowing the defense to keep offenses more on the heels .

I'm glad we picked him up last offseason as well. He played better than I expect him to and fortunatly he healthy throughout the season. Didn't he lead our team in sacks last year? That's just incredible, I think he had 5-6 sacks.

Originally posted by Skins4SB

I'm glad we picked him up last offseason as well. He played better than I expect him to and fortunatly he healthy throughout the season. Didn't he lead our team in sacks last year? That's just incredible, I think he had 5-6 sacks.

6 sacks....tied with Griffin for the team lead.

The best part about it is he's a local product......although he grew up a Cowturd fan! I think I can forgive him for that though......

.................maybe. :D

Originally posted by ibrahim

Funny u shd start this thread, I met Shawn Springs in from\nt of a club in DC last saturday, and he is a real down to earth guy. One thing, I noticed, in person he looks HUGE for a corner. Or maybe am just small :(

He quickly became my favorite redskin after I met him.

:)

He wasn't smoking 4 blunts was he?:D

Originally posted by authentic

its funny that there aren't more threads about this guy.. i was very happy that we got him last year... plus the monday night show with Doc Walker on Comcast sportsnet (from 7-9pm) was great i'm looking forward to that this season.

Because he's done to much for us.. You'll only see a lot of threads about rookies who haven't played a single NFL snap that have good physiques.

:laugh:

Originally posted by ibrahim

No, I also noticed the same thing about him. He's a pretty big dude for a CB, which is probably why he's so effective in this Defense. Certainly explained why he was so effective at getting to the QB, but Smoot wasn't.

I'm glad that CB's don't hit the brick wall at 30 like RB's do and that he'll be around here a few more years. They don't take anywhere near the physical abuse.

Nick

When healthy Springs has always been a top flight CB.

Anyone think we got away with a "Simeon Rice" type of deal? Remember he was a great DE in Arizona but always got hurt. The Bucs picked him up and he hasn't been hurt since and has been a dominant player.

YAY TO SPRINGS! :)

Originally posted by Kilmer

I worry about his health, hopefully in leaving Seattle he left the injury bug behind.

Yea I know what you mean. I have thought about the possibility of him getting injured again a few times actually. Just hopefully he keeps his injury-prone self in Seattle, and that we continue to see the pro-bowl caliber Springs that we saw last season.

Archived