Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR NO MORE? MAYBE? - Fasten Seat Belts, more (possible) bad Taylor news

SoCalBronco

There's still no word as to what he did or if he did anything. He could have been spotted in the area of a shooting while dipping out to his car with his boys or something and the reason why he got spotted is because he's a celebrity. I for one would like to be positive about this and hope that its nothing major and he is just a witness.

Originally posted by Zuck

It says he's only a person of interest which could mean he's either a witness, a victim, or a suspect.

There isn't a warrant from anything I've read.

I hate to tell you this, but "person of interest" is the new politically correct term for SUSPECT. The cops think they can fool suspects into thinking they're not under suspicion, but they just want to see if they have any info in a crime. Think about it. This incident happened TWO DAYS AGO, and you're telling me the cops don't know if Taylor is a witness, suspect, victim, or what, they just know he is "involved"??????? Now that's BS!

fox

Police seek Taylor for questioning in assault

/ Associated Press

Posted: 44 minutes ago

MIAMI (AP) - Miami-Dade County police were looking Friday for Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor, who they describe as a "person of interest" in an assault case.

"We need to speak to him, we don't know if he's a victim, witness or suspect," said police spokesman Mary Walters.

The assault happened Wednesday night and shots were fired, Walters said. No one was injured. Walters said she didn't have further details and police were still investigating.

Citing sources within the Miami-Dade Police Department, Fox Sports Radio's Jorge Sedano reported that Taylor fired shots at the home of people he believed had stolen an all-terrain vehicle of his.

Sedano also reported that Taylor will be charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and will turn himself in to Miami authorities Saturday morning. Sedano made the report on Fox Sports Radio's "Fox GameTime Live" with Craig Shemon and James Washington.

Taylor's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, declined comment Friday. Taylor and the Redskins didn't immediately return phone messages seeking comment.

3Card

As a Skin fan, I will apologize to SoCal for the malicious content from my other Skins affiliates. Sometimes I think we should give a scoop some time to develop to the mainstream. For example, Smoking Gun reported Vick situation well before ESPN decided to make the subject news worthy.

Posted on Sat, Jun. 04, 2005

MIAMI-DADE COUNTY

Ex-UM star 'of interest' in South Dade shootings

Police want to question Washington Redskin and former UM All-American Sean Taylor about two South Dade shootings in which no one was injured.

BY CHARLES RABIN

crabin@herald.com

Miami-Dade police have been looking for Washington Redskins safety and former University of Miami All-American Sean Taylor since Wednesday in connection with a pair of South Dade shootings in which no one was injured.

Police released few details and declined to say whether Taylor, 22, was considered a suspect, a victim or a witness to Wednesday's gunfire, which involved a stolen vehicle at one site and retaliatory shots at another vehicle at another.

Saying the shootings are part of an open investigation, police refused to pinpoint where the shootings took place -- or to name anyone they were interested in questioning in addition to Taylor.

''He is a person of interest that we need to talk to,'' said Miami-Dade police spokeswoman Nelda Fonticiella. Finding Taylor, she said, has been a ``little more difficult than they planned.''

Many people have had a hard time finding Taylor since the NFL season concluded in January. He was a no-show for a Redskins spring mini-camp in April at which coach Joe Gibbs said Taylor had not returned any of his calls.

Taylor's father, Florida City Police Chief Pedro W. Taylor, wouldn't comment on his son's whereabouts Friday, referring media to his son's mother. Taylor's mom, Donna Junor, 43, said she hadn't seen her son since Tuesday evening when she found him at home asleep.

''I haven't heard from him and I haven't been able to contact him,'' said Junor.

Junor said her son spent the entire spring with her in Homestead, never discussing football. Taylor is the second oldest of her four children.

In late April The Herald reported that Taylor was boycotting the Redskins' offseason workout program because he needed time away from football after a difficult rookie season.

Taylor and another former UM standout, wide receiver Santana Moss, were the Redskins' only unexcused absentees from that mini-camp. Taylor, a second-year player who had a fine rookie year despite causing migraines for the team off the field, said he wants to renegotiate the seven-year, $18 million contract he inked with the Redskins.

During his rookie year, the fifth overall pick in the 2004 draft fired two agents, was fined for skipping a day at the NFL's rookie symposium, and was benched for a game after being arrested on a charge of drunken driving.

In January that charge was dismissed, but he was still convicted of refusing to take a blood alcohol test.

Calls to Taylor's agent, Drew Rosenhaus -- an outspoken regular contributor to local television sports broadcasts who has a host of South Florida and former UM clients, and who appears regularly on ESPN -- were not returned by early Friday night.

Taylor left UM after a stellar 2003 season in which he earned All-American honors. He played high school football locally for the Gulliver Raiders, leading them to the Class 2A state title in 2000.

He has remained active in the community.

In September, after the Palmetto Bay Broncos Warner Division II Midget football team won its third national title in a row, Taylor -- a former Pop Warner star himself -- shelled out $17,000 to buy the kids championship rings.

Junor, who says she's a homemaker, expressed relief when told that police said no one was injured in Wednesday's shootings.

''I've been hearing rumors,'' she said. ``One detective called and said to give him some numbers. He said he just wanted to question Sean. You know young kids, they just do what they want.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/local/11812118.htm

Archived