Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Probably old news but Lucas ruined Return of the Jedi

Westbrook36

I thought Hayden did a great job in Revenge of the Sith. Lucas said in his most recent Vanity Fair interview that he feels sorry about the criticism Hayden got for his performance in Attack of the Clones. Lucas wanted him to play a whiny, estranged teen. That was the intended performance.

Originally posted by Dickens

I thought Hayden did a great job in Revenge of the Sith. Lucas said in his most recent Vanity Fair interview that he feels sorry about the criticism Hayden got for his performance in Attack of the Clones. Lucas wanted him to play a whiny, estranged teen. That was the intended performance.

Exactly... That's who Anakin Skywalker is, if you don't like it, it's not Hayden's fault, it's Lucas'.

I like it.:cheers:

Originally posted by codeorama

But I wanted to go to Toschi station to buy some power converters....

Do people confuse 'whining young person' with bad acting?

That's not directed at you, but I think Mark showed the growth of his character in the saga. How exactly was he supposed to play an utterly naive farm boy who was rankling at the idea of spending another YEAR in a damn desert doing nothing?

People will likely laugh at me, but Mark was the best actor in the saga. It's fashionable to say he wasn't good and while he had a few wince-worthy moments he also was very natural.

NO ONE else is Luke Skywalker. Not even close. They picked the right dude.

I wouldn't want to see anyone else play Luke either, but my point is that the whineyness was built into the character, as it was with Anakin. Hayden plays the part IMO, just like Hamil did.

I still think Han was the best character/acting in either set of movies, and even he struggled a little in Return of the Jedi in my opinion.

Archived