Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 3-peat

jflagg215

I know this may not be big news to some of you guys, but Salisbury University Lacrosse won their 3rd straight NCAA National Title today. I am one of the athletic trainers for the team and sadly I had to stand at Lincoln Finacial to witness it, (would have liked FedEx) but it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. Great group of guys deserving everybit of what they won today.

If anyone is missing hockey or football this time of year WATCH LACROSSE!!!! It is one of the best sports in the world. (Next to football and rugby)

SU LAX '05

20-0

National Champions

Lacrosse - that's the one with butterfly nets right?

Jokes aside, although I know absolutely nothing about Lacrosse, winning 3 National Championships in a row is a tremendous feat for any team sport, except for maybe Curling.

congrats to SU lax! i'm a big fan of college dynasties- especially since i had the priviledge to participate in one (see below)

Originally posted by ohioskins

winning 3 National Championships in a row is a tremendous feat for any team sport, except for maybe Curling.

kenyon mens swimming (Div III) has won the national championship 26 years in a row. first championship was in 1980. i was an all-american during years 16, 17, and 18 of the streak.

Originally posted by TheDoyler23

Wow, congrats to them. Perhaps they should jump to a little higher competition?

this has been argued for kenyon swimming as well, but as a small lib-arts school (1600 students) that doesn't offer athletic scholarships, Div III has to be their home. during the regular season, the team does compete against D I and D II teams and holds their own. we routinely beat the MAC teams, and give teams in better conferences a run for their money.

okay, swimming sidebar over.

again, congrats to a budding young dynasty...here's to 23+ more...

Archived