Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wireless Game controllers

Grizz

Originally posted by Grizz

I have an X-Box that I need a new controller for and was thinking about getting a wireless controller. Are they worth it? Is their any lag time? Recommend a brand? Thanks :D

have one for PS2 and it changed my life.... well, not really, but it is pretty sweet.

I had one for PS2, I believe it was made by Mad Catz, and it was a piece of crap. It ran down batteries like that it was its job, and whenever the batteries got low (which happened quite often) the controls got all messed up and made games unplayable. Thank goodness I had a Dualshock 2.

On the other hand, using the Wavebird wireless controller on my friend's Gamecube was just fine. No response problems, although I think all wireless controllers probably go through batteries pretty quickly.

I'd say find reviews of specific wireless controllers and see what people have to say about them. Personally, I don't find the convenience of wireless to be worth replacing the batteries every other week.

Originally posted by dfitzo53

I had one for PS2, I believe it was made by Mad Catz, and it was a piece of crap. It ran down batteries like that it was its job, and whenever the batteries got low (which happened quite often) the controls got all messed up and made games unplayable. Thank goodness I had a Dualshock 2.

On the other hand, using the Wavebird wireless controller on my friend's Gamecube was just fine. No response problems, although I think all wireless controllers probably go through batteries pretty quickly.

I'd say find reviews of specific wireless controllers and see what people have to say about them. Personally, I don't find the convenience of wireless to be worth replacing the batteries every other week.

If you buy official wireless controllers (controllers actually made by Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo) you're not likely going to have much problems.

I too am going to get a couple for my x box.

I do have the Wavebird for the Cube. The Wavebird is excellent on batteries. They last very long.

The Wavebird for the cube rocks.

I don’t own one for the PS2 or X-Box but a buddy of mine uses the Logitech for the X-Box and I think its crap for both feel and functionality. He's on his 3rd one........seriously. He simply refuses to deal with the wires and will live with the limitations of the wireless controller.

Originally posted by Hog Fever

The Wavebird for the cube rocks.

I don’t own one for the PS2 or X-Box but a buddy of mine uses the Logitech for the X-Box and I think its crap for both feel and functionality.

I been reading online reviews and most say that logitech is the best.

Originally posted by Grizz

I been reading online reviews and most say that logitech is the best.

I’ve read the same reviews. That’s why I was so disappointed when I had the chance to use one.

Part of it is subjective of course; I just didn’t like the feel of the controller. It’s hard to describe. For me it was too wide and the buttons were in the wrong place. I guess you could get used to it though.

What wasn’t subjective was that the signal would drop out from time to time and it ate batteries.

sorry I can't help you with xbox but the logitech cordless action controller is absolutey the best for PS2 (officially licensed by sony) works great and it's smaller and lighter and uses less battery then the mad catz hunk o junk I used to have.

they do make an Xbox controller also, i never used it but I imagine it'll be as good as the PS2 version

here's the PS2 one:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6641208&type=product&id=1082742443038

and for Xbox

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6641173&type=product&id=1082742442981

I have the Logitech controllers for both my PS2 and Xbox. The original PS2 controller was crap, but they fixed the problem by moving to better technology.

The current versions for both Xbox and PS2 are smaller than the first ones they released and are by far the best Wireless controllers to get. Highly recommended.

Archived