Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worst Redskin qb in Recent History

Buck812

Originally posted by End2round2sanders

I beg to differ. He was the last qb to take us into dallas and leave with a win. Remember '95. When dallas won the super bowl and we swept them that year?

Worst QB's

Cary conklin

Rich gannon

Conklin was awesome every preseason. He could through around 70 yards in the air. If you weigh the cost of the player versus production, Heath is the worst by far.

Originally posted by prophet

Didn't wuerffel have better stats than both ramsey & matthews the year they all played together?

I remember him playing the best.. I know he completed over 60% of this passes

go figure

There is a reason for that 60%: Only 92 Attempts!

Some stats for you:

Skins Stats

C _A __PCT_ YDS Y/A _TD INT

Wuerffel

58 92 __ 63.0 719 7.8 _ 3 6

Matthews

124 237 52.3 1251 5.3 11 6

Banks

198 370 53.5 2386 6.4 10 10

Shuler

186 390 47.6 2403 6.2 13 19

George

136 236 56.5 1457 6.2 7 9

Brunell

118 237 49.8 1194 5.0 7 6

As a comparison:

Johnson

543 883 61.5 6510 7.4 35 28

Career Stats:

C_ A__ PCT YARD Y/A TD INT

Wuerffuel

184 350 52.6 2123 6.1 12 22

Matthews

492 839 58.6 4756 5.7 31 24

Banks

1264 2331 54.2 15142 6.5 76 71

Shuler

292 593 49.2 3691 6.2 15 33

George

2298 3967 57.9 27602 7.0 154 113

Brunell

2314 3880 59.6 26987 7.0 151 92

Johnson

2165 3503 61.8 23913 6.8 143 98

:logo:

Originally posted by prophet
Originally posted by MaddogCT

There is a reason for that 60%: Only 92 Attempts!

yes but the other 2 were sub 55%

and ramsey was 49%

But the biggest problem: 3 TD's vs 6INT's.

Mathews had 11 TD's to 6INT's

Ramsey had 8TD's vs 9INT's.

Danny or Heath....both were really bad. I still say Theismann could throw the ball further today, right now, than Wuerfull could.

:logo:

I gotta go with Brunell. Never in all my years watching football have I ever seen such a dropoff in performance. Because the past shows us how good he was for his previous team, it makes last years performance even worse.

Heath Shuler had the ill luck to be drafted by Turner. Poor kid looked like a deer caught in the headlights 99% of the time. Got his clock seriously cleaned every game. I still believe if he had been drafted by a team with an established veteran, and given a chance to develop, it might have been a radically different story. I also don't think he ever recovered from that initial whooping he took. If you look at why the Redskins drafted him, the kid had been an exceptional winner since Pee Wee ball. Ironically he had also grown up a Skins fan. Dreamed of playing for them. I thought Turner was a good OC, but was overwhelmed as a Head Coach. Heath wasn't a bust, they broke him.

Hail :logo:

I voted for Shuler. Brunell was on the downslope. Shuler was supposed to have upside and got beat out by a 7th round draft pick (Frerotte). By the way, Frerotte is still in the league as a backup.

Banks wasn't that bad. He bought into Marty's system and was very servicable. I felt like we should have kept him. He's still in the league as a backup. Remember, he's the QB that led us from the 0-5 start to a 5-5 record. That accounts for something. He didn't do it alone, but he sure didn't cost us any victories during that span.

Heath....... I think mentioning that name in Redskin Country should be considering a Cardinal Sin. He caused this organization more shame and humility than any QB in our history. Just thinking about his games make me wanna :puke:

Let the name SHULER be stricken from every book and tablet. Let that name never be spoken in DC again.

So let it be written........ SO let it be DONE!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Nemesis

Heath....... I think mentioning that name in Redskin Country should be considering a Cardinal Sin. He caused this organization more shame and humility than any QB in our history. Just thinking about his games make me wanna :puke:

Let the name SHULER be stricken from every book and tablet. Let that name never be spoken in DC again.

So let it be written........ SO let it be DONE!!!!!

I second that. Whenever "his" name is even mentioned in my presence, I'm ready to start scrappin' (haha). Seriously though, the rest of those guys were either washed up when they arrived in DC, or never had talent to begin with. Heath...DAMMIT, I just said his name!!! What I meant to say was..."that guy from the University of Tennessee" was HANDS DOWN the WORST QB in Redskins history. :dallasuck

I was big on the Shuler bandwagon. He had it all. Big arm, could move around, take hits. He had all the physical tools.

It was such a shame he never had the mental game to succeed at the NFL level. A story that I have heard from a friend was that in his first 2 years in Washington, he had posters in his house of the plays blown up so he could get the playbook down.

I really thought him showing up 13 days late to training camp put him behind the 8 ball forever

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by SkinsFanMania

Shuler by far, I can't believe people still wear his jersey.

People still wear his jersey? The only guy I have seen still wearing his jersey was a bum in D.C. But let's be honest his wordrobe has to be pretty limited. I mean the poor guy had on the M.C. Hammer pants for god's sake.

Anyway I would have to vote for Shuler. I don't think Brunnell should even be on the list. Yeah the guy sucked last year but there were a lot of things that went wrong last season and you can't blame him for all of them.

Archived