Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor time to shine!

Matador36

2 INTs and a TD in his first breakout NFL performnace.

I think Dallas should be very worried about our defense. Minus the one pass that Warner beat LOTT on, there have been no deep passes completed.

Our defense will handle a one-dimensional offense (Dallas run game?), and the result will be turnovers, and IMO, led by Taylor. :cheers:

I think Dallas should be very worried about our defense. Minus the one pass that Warner beat LOTT on, there have been no deep passes completed.

Well they are one dimensional, but, I strongly think that they have the best blitz pickup in the game today. And we live and die by the blitz, they also have good WR's. This could leave our CB's on their talented WR's in single coverage for long periods of time, which would result in them torching us all over the field just b/c you cant be in single coverage that long.

So Williams is going to have to be very creative to get to Vinny.

Also we're going to have to have guys out there playing smart. Whoever calls the plays for Dallas (Is it Parcells?) they have shown me that they know when to call the right plays, so we'll have to be disciplined against the screens.

Not only a time for sean to shine, but also for all our young and new players. I truly believe the outcome of this game will shape our season.

Sean, Chris Cooley, Marcus Washington, and Shawn Springs have the opportunity to really initiate themselves as "Redskins" in the Joe Gibbs sense of the word. By making a difference in Monday night's game, they can become part of the folklore in this team's history and cement themselves as fan faves for the next couple years.

The Redskins are in such DIRE need of a victory over the Cowboys and to restore the feeling we've had lately of optimism for the new Gibbs era. If these new players can bring some spark to this match-up, perhaps the 2nd, 3rd, 4th year guys won't be such patsies and quitters against their greatest divisional enemy.

A big part of the reason I am so strong on Patrick Ramsey is because he ended the "Streak of Pain" we endured for 11 games and six seasons. He earned a pass from me through all the inconsistency he has suffered lately, just for beating the Cowboys.

I WELCOME him back to the starting line-up vs. the Cowboys on Monday night and believe he was thrown into a housefire last week and did pretty well considering the embarrassing outcome for him.

I'd LOVE to see the rookies be the difference in this game because it would also show something for the new regime's draft acumen.

I'd LOVE to see the new FAs breathe new life into our rivalry because we need them to erase the loser mentality our other players DO have when it comes to Dallas.

I also know that ALL our players are new to this system, both offense and defense. Dallas has their blueprint in place and every player knows the system. I'm praying for a breakdown.

(I didn't mention Portis with the new FAs because it as plain as the nose on my face that HE'S GOT to have a major game.)

(edit)- Also, who else is gonna just LOSE it the first time Rod Gardner drops a pass? :)

:logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

who else thinks we will see a corner blitz on the first play of the game? ;) id love to see sean taylor get his first INT (for a TD) of his career against the turds on MNF.

its going to be tough to blitz 70% of the time like williams likes to do because the cowboys actually have some good receivers. i dont think they will be able to run on us, so i expect vinny to attempt at least 25-30 passes, therefore taylor should get his chances to make plays.

Originally posted by NavyDave

Hopefully not falling for a flea flicker or some other Parcells misdirection and providing solid performances to counter Roy Williams.

exactly !!!! especially like the one they pulled on cleveland sunday with the fake punt :doh:

:wewantd: :dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

who else thinks we will see a corner blitz on the first play of the game? id love to see sean taylor get his first INT (for a TD) of his career against the turds on MNF.

I do really ove out CB blitzes, somebody is going to throw an INT against one this year. They are so confusing, its not just sending a CB in and then everyone else does regular stuff like a George Edards blitz, last week against the Giants Warner almost threw an INT to Smoot against it, but he made a smart play and pulled it down only to get hit by Spring on the other side, Smoot acted like he was coming but then when Warner saw him Warner loaded up to hit Barber in that flat, but Smoot quickly backed up and jumped on that route, Warner then pulled down thinking he still had time, little did he know Springs was the one really blitzing. Beautiful stuff really.

But the Cowboys can really pick up the blitz, and their receivers are really good.

Defending the Screens is key to this game.

It is a BIG part, but I think the main key is to get to Vinny when we blitz, b/c its not like the Bucs, if we dont get to the QB when we blitz its gonna be like the Rams preseason game, when we didnt get to Bulger.

The only person who finally stepped up and made a smart play to stuff a screen last week was Antonio Pierce. I thought i'd never say it but he is becoming one of the smartest defenders on our team. If not THE smartest already.

Archived