Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Tech Backlash Thread

FanboyOf91

On 9/17/2017 at 10:24 AM, Weganator said:

There is a huge difference between 'taking his word as gospel' and enjoying the long form discussions he has with guests. He doesn't agree 100% with everything his guests say, but as opposed to getting indignant and wasting everyone's time he asks questions and engages in a discussion.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely love Rogan's podcast and listen to it almost religiously, but if there is one flaw about it, he tends to let guests go on and on without challenging them much.  Now, I understand his style is to bring people on and let them say what they want to say, but Rogan takes such a hands-off or "yeah good point, buddy" approach to his show that sometimes it comes off like he is letting people just say things unfettered and un-checked.  If I could change one thing about his show, then it would be having people from different perspectives on at the same time to counter point each other.

That google exec was interviewed on another show I listen to, same long-form style, however the host didn't just let him make his claims with zero retort. It was a much better back and forth with good points made by both where the listener was actually left with stuff to think about and ponder.

Archived