Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: JOSH BROWN SUSPENDED SIX GAMES FOR VIOLATION OF NFL’S PERSONAL CONDUCT POLICY

TK

Sep 08, 2017

JOSH BROWN SUSPENDED SIX GAMES FOR VIOLATION OF NFL'S PERSONAL CONDUCT POLICY

The NFL notified Josh Brown that he will be suspended for the first six games of the 2017 NFL season for violating the league's Personal Conduct Policy.

In August 2016, Brown was suspended for the first game of the 2016 season after an investigation into an incident on May 22, 2015 with his then wife.

In October 2016, the King County (WA) Sheriff's Office announced publicly that it had closed its investigation in connection with the 2015 incident. As part of its report, however, the Sheriff's Office released a volume of documents from its investigation. These documents, which previously had been withheld from the public and the NFL, contained information regarding a series of other incidents separate from the May 2015 incident.

The league then placed Brown on the Commissioner Exempt list and initiated an investigation into those incidents. Following a comprehensive investigation, which included a review of the documents and interviews with Brown and several other people, the league concluded there was a violation of the Personal Conduct Policy that warranted a six-game suspension.

Brown was advised of this determination and elected to accept the discipline and begin serving the suspension immediately.

He's the kicker for the Giants, yes?  I would have thought Mara would have found a way to "designate another player on a division rival to serve the suspension for Josh Brown."  Clearly, he would have wanted to get Dak to serve the suspension for Josh, but probably would have settled for the Cowboys' kicker.  

In all seriousness, if Josh hit his wife, he can go to freaking hell.  I have no patience or sympathy.  I'd be all for a perma-ban.  IF he did it.  Big IF.  And I'm not going to trust the NFL's judgement, probably would need a court conviction.  

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He's the kicker for the Giants, yes?  I would have thought Mara would have found a way to "designate another player on a division rival to serve the suspension for Josh Brown."  Clearly, he would have wanted to get Dak to serve the suspension for Josh, but probably would have settled for the Cowboys' kicker.  

In all seriousness, if Josh hit his wife, he can go to freaking hell.  I have no patience or sympathy.  I'd be all for a perma-ban.  IF he did it.  Big IF.  And I'm not going to trust the NFL's judgement, probably would need a court conviction.  

He was. He's been out of the league since last season 

Archived