Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Offseason Twitter Thread

TSO

John Tayman @BangRadioHour 11h11 hours ago

#BangRadioHour fast fact: With signings of DT McClain and WR Pryor, #Redskins suddenly ranked 11th in the NFL in Terrelle's

Junior GaletteVerified account @JovaisG 10h10 hours ago

Reed-Pryor-Crowder-Doctson #BeSafeTho

Rich TandlerVerified account @Rich_TandlerCSN 11h11 hours ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted MarkMaske

He’s in the mix. The probably will lose him if he’s not moved up at some point.

Rich Tandler added,

MarkMaskeVerified account @MarkMaske
Fritz Pollard Alliance's John Wooten on Redskins' GM vacancy: “It is my hope that they will elevate Doug Williams to the position."

John KeimVerified account @john_keim 8h8 hours ago

Big fan of Bennie Logan. Solid run stuffer. Not a pass rusher. But Skins need run stuffers.

Chris Worthy @Chris_Worthy_ 9h9 hours ago

Pryor 6'4

Doctson 6'4

Harris 6'2

Reed 6'2

Crowder 5'9

Dem some big targets

Andrew SicilianoVerified account @AndrewSiciliano 16h16 hours ago

With RGIII's release, 21 of 32 picks from 2012 1st round have either changed teams, are out of football, suspended, or unsigned free agents.

Jake RussellVerified account @_JakeRussell 13h13 hours ago

Vinny Cerrato to @chaddukes: "I don't think Dan [Snyder] would ever trade [Kirk Cousins] to Kyle Shanahan unless he's giving him a ransom."

Master TesfatsionVerified account @MasterTes 11h11 hours ago

Terrell McClain 4 yr $21M deal has $10.5M gtd ($5M signing bonus). $7.5M in Yr 1 ($2.25M base). 2018 base ($3.25M) gtd injury only #Redskins

Vernon Davis is the only player that signed this week with fully gtd money in Year 2 ($1.5M of his $3.75M base in 2018) #Redskins

Really good contracts for the #Redskins. McClain, McGee, Swearinger are basically front-loaded 1 yr deals with injury only gtd $ in Year 2.

CSN RedskinsVerified account @CSNRedskins 7h7 hours ago

More help on the way for the #Redskins? A report has another defensive tackle in Ashburn tonight visiting the Skins. read it in BRBN CSN

Rich TandlerVerified account @Rich_TandlerCSN 23m23 minutes ago

Yeah, I was hoping those downtrodden Patriots would get some more help. Anyway, read Need to Know on Real #Redskins read it in BRBN CSN

Master TesfatsionVerified account @MasterTes 16m16 minutes ago

This McCloughan situation is messed up, but if they add Logan/Swearinger/McClain/McGee? Objectively, #Redskins defense got better in FA.

Master TesfatsionVerified account @MasterTes 23m23 minutes ago

If the #Redskins can add Bennie Logan??? Damn man. That's some good depth with Logan/McGee.

Master TesfatsionVerified account @MasterTes 14m14 minutes ago

Master Tesfatsion Retweeted Kevin Rivera

I really believe Redskins can go best player available at this point with all the needs they're addressing.

Master Tesfatsion added,

Kevin Rivera @kevinnowitzki
@MasterTes if that's the case how do we draft then? Do we still try and go defense first?

The Redskins have a chance to help their run defense Saturday if all goes well with free agent defensive lineman Bennie Logan. As Adam Schefter reported Friday, he'll meet again with the Redskins this morning after a short visit Friday night. The Redskins will continue re-shaping their defensive front this offseason and have already added two players here: Stacy McGee and Terrell McClain while allowing Chris Baker to leave for Tampa Bay. With Ricky Jean Francois in the final year of his contract, they could opt to release him – it's hard to imagine them being OK with a backup lineman occupying $4 million of cap space. If he's released, it would $3 million in cap space.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Fkeim_john_m.jpg&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJohn Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

So a reminder this thread is for tweets only. If you want to talk about the tweets go find the appropriate thread, or if none exists (unlikely) start one.

I just deleted some posts in here. 

Next time one it will be warnings being handed out.

Emmanual Benton @Manny_Benton 59m59 minutes ago

#Redskins still need Defensive ends. Probably a draft priority.

Master TesfatsionVerified account @MasterTes 13m13 minutes ago

Master Tesfatsion Retweeted Kenneth Clyburn

They can still draft one bruh. These dudes can be gone next year if they don't produce. It's hard to make an immediate impact as a rookie DL

Master Tesfatsion added,

Kenneth Clyburn @KenClyburn
#Redskins are going to keep throwing money at veteran defensive linemen instead of drafting one.

I'm not here to say they'll be awful, but proceed with caution #Redskins fans. FA signings always look good in march.

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 12m12 minutes ago

I do like the value of Pryor/DJ. But still, two injury prone DTs, a guy still learning WR and a S coming off his only good year is hardly

Grant PaulsenVerified account @granthpaulsen 2m2 minutes ago

How about @onemangang97 getting himself a multi-year deal for $9M. That is a self-made man. What a story.

Sal Capaccio ?Verified account @SalSports 6m6 minutes ago

Sal Capaccio

? Retweeted ProFootballTalk

Thank you for the credit on this. My name must be too hard to spell for others.

Sal Capaccio

? added,

ProFootballTalkVerified account @ProFootballTalk
Bills keep Lorenzo Alexander http://wp.me/p14QSB-aguc 

robert kelley @Fatrob32 24m24 minutes ago

At least I don't have to create myself on madden this year lol ?

Will ComptonVerified account @_willcompton 16h16 hours ago

Will Compton Retweeted DavyLambert

“Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.”—Lao Tzu

Will Compton added,

DavyLambert @DavyLambert
@_willcompton hahaha Bro some people are rough on u on here. Don't know why... Keep ballin

John KeimVerified account @john_keim 45m45 minutes ago

From earlier this morning: Redskins could boost run defense by adding Bennie Logan  read it in BRBN  ESPN

John KeimVerified account @john_keim 39m39 minutes ago

Latest I have on Bennie Logan: he has other trips still planned. Unless something changes, Nothing imminent with the Redskins.

John KeimVerified account @john_keim 28m28 minutes ago

U asked for the latest on Logan and that was it. Yes plans can change if $$ is right. Sort of alters a lot of plans. Peace out.

Emmanual Benton @Manny_Benton 18m18 minutes ago

#Redskins lost some really good community guys this week though... Swaggy, DJax and Pierre all were active in the community

Rich TandlerVerified account @Rich_TandlerCSN 19h19 hours ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted Adam Schefter

Ya know, I’ve been thinking that there aren’t enough ex-Cowboys in NFL PxP booths and network studio shows.

Rich Tandler added,

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter
Fox Sports would like to replace John Lynch with....Tony Romo, per sources. Other networks also interested. Romo's goal remains to play.

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy 15m15 minutes ago

Breaking Burgundy Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Redskins were reportedly kicking these tires.

Breaking Burgundy added,

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet
The #Patriots are signing former #Ravens DL Lawrence Guy to a 4-year contract worth up to $20M, source said.

Lindsay JonesVerified account @bylindsayhjones 45m45 minutes ago

And we move into Day 3 of the Tony Romo hostage crisis. Has he released a new video yet?

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet
With the retirement of Doug Free, the #Cowboys now have a hole at right tackle. A strong option: Moving La’El Collins outside from guard.

Checked The Tape @TheCasualHero 1h1 hour ago

Checked The Tape Retweeted Jason Reid

Numb from 20 yrs of this. Its like having my morning coffee. We know you will have something conjured up from your recipe book of drama.

Checked The Tape added,

Jason ReidVerified account @JReidESPN
@TheCasualHero I get it. You're upset about the team's latest fiasco. Relax. The next one is on deck. Somewhere.

You keep saying Im angry. I dont think you know what angry is. Angry is years of lashing at a franchise that fired you years ago. #Redskins

Checked The Tape added,

@TheCasualHero And as for the last 20 years, all that stuff happened as well. I think your anger is misdirected.

Yea, one shows the company didnt want you..The other shows the fan base didnt want to listen to you. Big Difference. ✌

Checked The Tape added,

@TheCasualHero Huh? I wasn't fired. Show was canceled. There's a big difference. No issues.

Haha. Condescending...What of your best traits. But I'm the angry one. ??

Checked The Tape added,

@TheCasualHero Nah. You really don't understand. But I'm not surprised.

Archived