Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Drop Cowboys 20-17 In OT Thriller

Breeland is the man . He's our 1st round pick that we didn't have . Wow how did that kid slip to the 4th round ? Oh , and Murphy look OK last night ......... We need a FS an Strong with our 1st and 2nd round pick . The money we save for not signing Rak . Spend that on a big guard , and please cut Chester . Heck why not play spencer . If hall hadn't got hurt we wouldn't know how good breelan was . Same thing with spencer long

Dorrell- Good point about Rak. Although he was paid handsomely this year with the tag, the 1 year test worked out well. He proved that he can't stop the run and is an average pass rusher... Oh, and his pectoral will never be healed. A lot of people were calling for us to give Rak a big deal, so glad we didn't. Now, Trent Murphy will get some solid experience and try to prove that he can lock down the OLB opposite Kerrigan or if it will be added to the position of need list.

I am still happy, but changing the topic a bit.

We don't need players in the positions a team usually drafts in the first round - WR, CB, QB, Pass Rusher, and LT. Folks we have options few teams have and it has been a long time coming, the future looks bright no matter what happens the rest of the year.

Dorrell, we have some young o-lineman, I am not sure we need to use a high pick to get another, it takes a year or 2 for them to get ready.A Safety or 2 would be nice and maybe a NT, or d-lineman early, or with the free agent money Orapko will free up. We are in a future building mode and that is good.

Also, I have run out of likes, everybody give yourself one for me.

just saw the game rewind alittle while ago man the hit Robinson put on here it comes Romo it looked like they needed to send a priest out there for the last rights i think the full replay will be on nfl network on wenesday then i will get to see the whole game

Great game!! Colt looked really good after 1st quarter jitters. Breeland and Amerson were left on an island at least 10 times and played pretty much lights out. Still I'm not a fan of Haslett. But last nights game he brought it.

Finally got a run game going with the butler and co.

Colt, I believe should start against the Vikings and then go from there. Might have a viable back up or who knows a starter(not ready for his annunciation quite yet).

All in all, st def and off were excellent. Just one exception Chester. Think we need to start some one else and get some tape.

HTTR

Acworth skins fan: Chester is straight garbage . Might as play the young guys and see what we have . If i was in charge I'll cut him right now

I agree, let's get some new blood in there and get them some experience and see if we have anyone who might turn out to be a gym. If not , no Rak means 10+ million to help solve that prob

Glad to see a few people back. I am really glad we won this game. I am here in Houston and have been shoving it anyone's face I can find.

Here are some random thoughts moving forward: -

1. Colt McCoy is not the next coming. RGIII has the best chance of being our franchise QB. We need to find out of RGIII is that guy this year to know if we pick up his 5th year option.  The only way to do that is for him to play.

2. It's great we seem to have a few young corners that can cover. The pass rush was much better without orakpo. He is going to be a huge decision. My fear is we let him walk, no one picks him up, and we resign him for $4 to $5M thinking we are getting a bargain. Rak need to be gone.

3. We finally stuck with the running game and we got better as the game went on. In the critical 3rd and 4th Morris was making those guys pay.  Lets hope this is sign of things to come.

4. As Canada likes to point out, we are bad on 3rd down, both Off and Def. WE have to get that fixed.

5. Lets get Long in at RG and those guys start getting used to each other. Either we have our young Oline or not. Lets see. What we have.       

More later.

Glad to see you preaching the Word to our Southern Brothers Goskins....I"m sure they are all quite happy about you rubbing it in their faces since they couldn't get it done against r-o-m-o- a couple of weeks ago. Not sure who should go against Minn, just gotta trust JG on this but I"ll give credit where it's due, my worst nightmare didn't turn out as my son and I feared. We had both been watching the night that Colt faked his way OUT of a National Champ game because he had the jitters so it was great to see him stand in there and look like he knew how to play football for a change!

go Skins! erad

You know, the reporters need to get a set of stones too as it occurred to me that we must have missed all the questions to the 'boys Dr about "Who made the decision for r-o-m-o to return? Did the Dr or the coach make the decision? Did Jerra bypass the medical process? Why did Garrett make the decision to put him back in when his backup was playing fine? YES, we ALL know that Jason Garrett doesn't make ANY player decision past what flavor milk they will serve in the cafeteria but it would have been nice to see them grill the management down there for a change!

erad

You know, the reporters need to get a set of stones too as it occurred to me that we must have missed all the questions to the 'boys Dr about "Who made the decision for r-o-m-o to return? Did the Dr or the coach make the decision? Did Jerra bypass the medical process? Why did Garrett make the decision to put him back in when his backup was playing fine? YES, we ALL know that Jason Garrett doesn't make ANY player decision past what flavor milk they will serve in the cafeteria but it would have been nice to see them grill the management down there for a change! erad

Hail Erad-  I enjoy going over to the Cowboys site and the fan forum to listen to them whine and cry. Here's the red headedpeckerwood Garrett's explaination.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2014/10/28/garrett-update-romo-durant-learys-status

Glad to see you preaching the Word to our Southern Brothers Goskins....I"m sure they are all quite happy about you rubbing it in their faces since they couldn't get it done against r-o-m-o- a couple of weeks ago. Not sure who should go against Minn, just gotta trust JG on this but I"ll give credit where it's due, my worst nightmare didn't turn out as my son and I feared. We had both been watching the night that Colt faked his way OUT of a National Champ game because he had the jitters so it was great to see him stand in there and look like he knew how to play football for a change! go Skins! erad

No worries I will be in Minneapolis next week so I am hoping to keep it going. We have a chance against them if we don't let the dallast game go to our head.  

It's early, but here are my 4 keys:

1. Stay commited to the run. If nothing else, we should have learned that our run game gets better as the game goes on. It also takes pressure off Colt and the Oline.

2. Continue to let Colt be Colt. I really liekd the play calling. Keep it simple. Take advantage of his strenths. Maybew a few more shots downfield but that will come.

3. Continue to get better on STs. They have gotten solid believe it or not. Get better.

4. We have to get better on 3rd donw, both on Def and on Off.

I am here in Houston as well and I have been looking for a place to watch the Skins with the local Houston base. Please let me know if you all are meeting up anywhere on a regular basis.

Sorry, I don't live here, just down here on business. I iwll ask around though and see if I can find out if there are any good places to go for Redskins games.

RG3 has tons of potential but must learn to get down before he gets hit as no NFL team will stick with a QB that can only play 3 to 9 games a year.

RG3 also needs to learn to locate his alternate receivers quickly so he can get rid of the ball quickly and make those short passes that keep drives going and open up the running game; like Colt has been doing.

RG3 and Colt are very similar in mobile styles with RG3 being far more physically talented and Colt making the far better game decisions. The reality is that RG3 has to become more of a Colt type general and less of a do it all; if not he will never reach his potential.

The rest of the team is getting younger with more to come from the bench. In addition to the excellent young QBs and LBs I expect soon to see additional young o-lineman take over starting roles. Our needs are more of time to mature than talent, with the exception of Safety. I expect the Redskins to start approaching excellence next year, it has been a long arduous wait.

@go I live in Austin and Houston and Dallas folks like Austin but not each other - you are lucky to be in Houston and be able to complain about the Cowboys. However, I would watch what I said about the Cowboys in Texas, I do; as there appears to be a huge number of beloved Cowboy fans, and a 1 man team never wins against an almost unlimited number of competitors.

@go I live in Austin and Houston and Dallas folks like Austin but not each other - you are lucky to be in Houston and be able to complain about the Cowboys. However, I would watch what I said about the Cowboys in Texas, I do; as there appears to be a huge number of beloved Cowboy fans, and a 1 man team never wins against an almost unlimited number of competitors.

I agree RE RGIII. Hope we get to see enough the rest of this year so they can make a good call on exercising the 5th yr option.

Thanks for the heads up but we have manufacturing plants down here. So the people I am messing are collegues. WE give each other a hard time all the time. It's been a while since I could get back at them...  :-)   

I almost hate to admit it but when I heard last night that RG was going to start, I ALMOST wished he wasn't. Hopefully, the past 6 weeks or so will translate into a better grasp of where his receivers are and should be, if not it's going to be a repeat of game 1.

This statement by TAB is right on the money: "RG3 and Colt are very similar in mobile styles with RG3 being far more physically talented and Colt making the far better game decisions." I would only add in front of it: "based on comparing game one and last Monday night.".

Erad

Viking's game should be an interesting chess match with Gruden and Zimmer very familiar with each other's plan and tendencies from Cincy. I would give the nod to an offensive coach.

Hope Griffin is up to the test, he has a stronger arm than Colt so if he can hookup with his receivers on the run then it's a good possibility that we can score some points. Griffin needs to play and even though Colt has done an admirable job it's Griffin's team whether he has earned it or not, it's offbase to speculate that it's all going to magically happen because he steps on the field. I see him struggling for a half.

Viking's wins were Bucs, Falcon's, and Rams. But they are starting a rookie qb and I expect Haslett to dial up some selective blitze packages to make him aware and second guessing where and when they are coming.

Hail Man - ERad - I agree RGIII has to play, but IMO it's more about seeing if we exercise the 5th yr option on him.  If he plays well and stays healthy I don't see any way they don't pick up the option. However, if he plays poorly or/and gets injured yet again, I think Jay has enough stones to not pick up the option.

We will see.

I already posted my 4 keys, but in a nut shell, we need to stay committed to the run, play disciplined D, and not regress in other areas like STs.

BTW: A big shout out to Canada who stuck by Kai throughout trainging camp. It sure is nice to have confidence your kicker is gonig to make his kick. Also, he really has improved his KO.

I agree with the consensus that this is RG's team. I'm not saying McCoy deserves to start the rest of the year, but I think that with the bye lined up after this game, RG should continue resting... I've dislocated my knee 5 times and although it's a completely different joint, the fact is that just 6 weeks after popping it out, those ligaments are nowhere near 100%. Ah F it, I'll trust Gruden on this one, I just don't want to be disappointed and see the same lost RG out there that we saw week 1. Healthy or not, the majority of my concern lies with his comprehension of this offense.

Hail Man - ERad - I agree RGIII has to play, but IMO it's more about seeing if we exercise the 5th yr option on him.  If he plays well and stays healthy I don't see any way they don't pick up the option. However, if he plays poorly or/and gets injured yet again, I think Jay has enough stones to not pick up the option.

We will see.

I already posted my 4 keys, but in a nut shell, we need to stay committed to the run, play disciplined D, and not regress in other areas like STs.

BTW: A big shout out to Canada who stuck by Kai throughout trainging camp. It sure is nice to have confidence your kicker is gonig to make his kick. Also, he really has improved his KO.

I know it's your opinion but my opinion is that playing Griffin has absolutely no bearing on next year or the year after...it's all about winning now. If you asked Gruden privately about it he would scoff at that idea and tell you it's all about the Vikings game.

Canada may like Forbath but his kickoffs are still hurting us returning 2 for 45yds. The yards are not his fault, the fact that he can't kick it out of the endzone is.Not at all impressed with his leg but his accuracy is decent enough. Christ does he have to kick it directly to the returner everytime?

Archived