Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Drop Cowboys 20-17 In OT Thriller

I think RGIII needs to learn to be more of a game manager that can make big plays happen. If he does that man would he be special. My biggest fear going into this week is two things. We underestimate the Vikings who when they win have dominated. When they lost it was too very good teams minus maybe the Saints who are a good team but underperforming. The second thing is Haslett does not scheme according to the team he is playing which has been his mistakes all year except for the Cowboys. What worked on the Cowboys is not necessarily going to work on the Vikings. He has to remember that. I will take Kai's short kickoffs all day if it means we have an accurate field goal kicker. Too many times we had a kicker and because he had a rough season we let him go only for him to be above average to awesome somewhere else. Hang on to Kai no matter what. Good to see everybody writing on this thread. GO SKINS!

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I try to space my paragraphs so its not so jumbled but it always ends up just being a paragraph. GO SKINS!

HAIL MANCHILD157!

You said..."Canada may like Forbath but his kickoffs are still hurting us returning 2 for 45yds. The yards are not his fault, the fact that he can't kick it out of the endzone is.Not at all impressed with his leg but his accuracy is decent enough."

The way I read this is that you would rather have a kicker kick it into the end zone rather than have his season average above 90% or average 88% for his career.  He's connecting on 93% this year so far, tied for 4th in the league, how's that only "decent"?  IDK....If those numbers aren't good enough for you then you sir have some pretty high standards.

HTTR!!!

I know it's your opinion but my opinion is that playing Griffin has absolutely no bearing on next year or the year after...it's all about winning now. If you asked Gruden privately about it he would scoff at that idea and tell you it's all about the Vikings game.

Canada may like Forbath but his kickoffs are still hurting us returning 2 for 45yds. The yards are not his fault, the fact that he can't kick it out of the endzone is.Not at all impressed with his leg but his accuracy is decent enough. Christ does he have to kick it directly to the returner everytime?

First of all, "Scoff", what a cool word!!  lol   Seriously, not being a smart ass, I love it! 

I would really liek to have the conversation with him because I think if he is being honest, it would be both. He definitely wants to beat Minn. If we beat them, with Tampa up after gthe bye, we have a chance to pull to .500. He obviously feels RGIII gives us the best chance to win. But if he is not thinknig about RGIII option year, he is not doing his job. That's a huge decision for this franchise.

As someone who is not RGIIIs biggest fan you have to ss how important that decision is for the Redskins future. (I know you root for him as hard as anyone, but I believe I am correct in that you have serious doubts RGIII can last in the NFL. Please correct me if I am wrong.)

You may have a point with Kai. He is in last place in terms of average KO dist. But I just can't get away from the fact he has hit every important FG so far. Without him, we lose against dallast. I was so tired of the Off doing thier job, only to have our kicker clank a 40 yarder and we lose a game we should win.

HTTR!!!! 

HAIL MANCHILD157!

You said..."Canada may like Forbath but his kickoffs are still hurting us returning 2 for 45yds. The yards are not his fault, the fact that he can't kick it out of the endzone is.Not at all impressed with his leg but his accuracy is decent enough."

The way I read this is that you would rather have a kicker kick it into the end zone rather than have his season average above 90% or average 88% for his career.  He's connecting on 93% this year so far, tied for 4th in the league, how's that only "decent"?  IDK....If those numbers aren't good enough for you then you sir have some pretty high standards.

HTTR!!!

Nope, not what I meant at all, you're stretching for fault in what I said on my backhanded compliment to his accuracy. Why would you settle for just accuracy? He is a kicker who is in the NFL because of his accuracy and leg strength. I demand more out of a kicker. Just do your damn job! Is he only working on accuracy? Why hasn't he gotten any stronger in the last 2 years? He killed us last year with a pitiful special team that couldn't tackle and our pussie kicker can't kick it thru the end zone. My opinion is that accuracy is 2/3's of his job and the kickoffs are the other 1/3 as far as importance. That means he's not doing his job that he's getting paid for. Thanks for calling me out Canada!

HAIL MANCHILD157!

It was never my intention to call you out on anything, please believe that. My sincerest apologies for any confusion.

I understand what you are saying & you're right when you said..."My opinion is that accuracy is 2/3's of his job and the kickoffs are the other 1/3 as far as importance." Forbath is not a complete kicker. He indeed lacks the ability to kick it through the end zone on a regular basis, that's plain to see. However, kickers are mainly rated on their ability to make FGs & Extra points. They keep their jobs because they are able to win games single handily. My only point was that If I was a HC I would rather have a guy who you can count on to win the game over a guy with a strong untested rookie leg. & now, looking back, I'm glad the coaches made what I consider the right choice.

HTTR!!!

''Calling me out'' is another way of saying ''explain yourself''. I never mind doing that or I wouldn't be here talking with you guys. No apology needed.

I agree. A kicker could boot it out of the stadium but if he's not accurate and more importantly..'clutch' then he doesn't have a job. The kicker who is accurate like Forbath has more of a cushion as far as being replaced, but it will happen, he will be replaced eventually. He's here at a good time when we have so many needs, very few draft picks the last few years, and even less salary cap money. He's lucky to be on a team that hasn't been able to do better.

Just read where Tony R-O-M-O's back has mutiple fractures. I've had that happen to me and it stays with you the rest of your life. Play the year out if you're that much a dumbazz, then you best retire. They gave him a shot to get through that game but your a fool the keep doing it. Jerry Jones just lost his hard-on.

Just read where Tony R-O-M-O's back has mutiple fractures. I've had that happen to me and it stays with you the rest of your life. Play the year out if you're that much a dumbazz, then you best retire. They gave him a shot to get through that game but your a fool the keep doing it. Jerry Jones just lost his hard-on.

They have a much bigger problem. His guaranteed money wil cripple their cap position for several years to come. His dead cap hit for next year (2015) would be $27.4 Million. It's $11.6M for 2016. They are tied to the hip with romoSUCKS no matter what happens.

BTW: Why does it bother you guys they have the auto-correct set to add sucks to dummos name? I think it's hilarious!!  romoSUCKS, romoSUCKS, romoSUCKS  lol  it's pretty funny! 

They have a much bigger problem. His guaranteed money wil cripple their cap position for several years to come. His dead cap hit for next year (2015) would be $27.4 Million. It's $11.6M for 2016. They are tied to the hip with romoSUCKS no matter what happens.

BTW: Why does it bother you guys they have the auto-correct set to add sucks to dummos name? I think it's hilarious!!  romoSUCKS, romoSUCKS, romoSUCKS  lol  it's pretty funny! 

Wow, that's some serious money there Goskins! Couldn't happen to a better team I might add and I hope they are crippled for Jerry Jones's foolishness. Now if he's finished then what do they do?...it's about like having our salary cap penalty as far as the amount.

BTW- referencing romosucks thing. I would prefer if the site managers grew up and stop editing my posts. If I want to say something then I will otherwise back off! Oh and also r-o-m-o does suck!

Wow- Adam Schefler talks about a divided locker room over Griffin starting today. Says the word came down from Snyder to Allen to Gruden...Snyder insists on Griffin playing. I knew this last year and bounced it around during the offseason,Texans game, and noticed that Cousins was pretty upright when he was starting. Winning fixes alot of woes, we shall see. I was finally trying to get past this but the players have not.

Wow, that's some serious money there Goskins! Couldn't happen to a better team I might add and I hope they are crippled for Jerry Jones's foolishness. Now if he's finished then what do they do?...it's about like having our salary cap penalty as far as the amount.

BTW- referencing romosucks thing. I would prefer if the site managers grew up and stop editing my posts. If I want to say something then I will otherwise back off! Oh and also r-o-m-o does suck!

Certainly up to you, but just to be clear they have an auto change feature set. They are not changing each post by hand. Anyway, to each their own.

No doubt dumb jerruh did it to himself. They are in cap hell for at least two years. This year and next should have been it for romo. The years for him to really make some hay. Now romo gets hurt and that's that. He may play again, but he will not be like he was to start the season. He will only get worse. They won their games against poor competition really. I believe I saw the records of their opponents before us was something like 25 - 33. Over the next 6 weeks that is reversed.

For us, we need this game. 4-5 keeps us alive, maybe just barely, but alive is alive. At 3-6, it's very much over. Even a 7 gm win streak I don't think would be enough. We may still miss. And that is very unlikely if we can;t even beat a 3-5 Minnesota.

Wow- Adam Schefler talks about a divided locker room over Griffin starting today. Says the word came down from Snyder to Allen to Gruden...Snyder insists on Griffin playing. I knew this last year and bounced it around during the offseason,Texans game, and noticed that Cousins was pretty upright when he was starting. Winning fixes alot of woes, we shall see. I was finally trying to get past this but the players have not.

Listening to the pregame show and many have said that while there may a player or two with questions, the BS from schefler is just that BS. He is a MS lover. Been on his nuts since day one. He is just covering his buddy. He is a punk.

Archived