Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Add Eight In 2014 NFL Draft

Our first pick I was kind of scratching my head on the OLB but Murphy adds depth and has a pretty nice stat sheet. Moses and Long add a bulked up O Line. Breeland is a beast. I just watched highlights on YouTube Breeland vs Syracuse and whoever said his speed is an issue is WRONG. He is physical and contributes on special teams. Grant to me looks like a Santana Moss with sure hands and underrated speed. In free agency we were trying to go after Sproles didn't work out but we drafted Seastrunk. TE Bolser is a redzone threat with his height and athleticism. K Hocker will give Forbath a run for his money in camp. I can't wait to see what these guys show up. HTTR!!!

Agree draft probably a C....Very very unhappy with the Dallas trade. Gave them a weapon at DE only to take a weaker T and OLB. Felt Bitonio was a must and Murphy would still have been available with next pick. Instead we took a weaker T in Moses. Look at Bitonio's combine stats...that beast beat out all linemen in just about every drill. Moses can barely verticle jump over a curb and has slow heavy legs. Made huge error on this move. Bitonio will start and have an immediate impact....will see about Moses time will tell but this move made me sick. If Moses is a flop, its time for Allen to go the way Shanahan went.

also thought Grant was a wasted pick as we needed more D backfield help and depth....Clark is good FA pickup but has lost a step with age. Positive draft moves with Breeland , Seastrunk, and the kicker. Bolser is needed for special teams also.

Overall, I'm thinking about a C. They did get some quality players - they did pass on some guys that could help address some needs. 8 picks; two on defense.

John- that is probably my biggest diappointment in this draft and Free Agency that we didn't address a Center except moving Lich over. I still would like to see that addressed somehow and not have Lich, who is small, get run over every pass rushing down. I believe he is the weak link in our o line now.

They potentially filled some big holes in the O-Line and that is a good thing from this draft. My happy or sad will come with the pre-season when we find out how they all fit - FAs & the draftees.

I don't worry as much about the Center because if needed it is a position you can supplement by a trade during the pre-season. The RT & Guard are much more difficult to come by during that period. A little disappointed we didn't get young players at ILB and D-Lineman, but maybe they can be put off until next year.

Enjoyed the comments, keep them coming.

Love the Seastrunk pick, especially where we got him. Any doubters on that pick need to look at his highlight video. The kid had another gear the guys he played against didn't. I know everyone in the NFL is fast, but this kid is freaky fast. Just watch the tape, you'll see. In one clip, he pulled his hamstring at the 40 and still beat everyone chasing him into the end zone. I really like the Breeland pick as well. And, of course, hoping Murphy and Moses come close to being clones of Kerrigan and Williams. HTTR!

John- that is probably my biggest diappointment in this draft and Free Agency that we didn't address a Center except moving Lich over. I still would like to see that addressed somehow and not have Lich, who is small, get run over every pass rushing down. I believe he is the weak link in our o line now.

Yeah, I think they let a couple of good C slide by and I like Kory at G. At they very least they have to be thinking towards the future @ Center. Maybe a trade later?

Every draft we hear the same crap from fans that think they have the better idea than coaches and GM's and scouts on how to work the draft. And every year we (the loyal fans) still have to wait and see when the season starts whether or not the team experts knew what they were doing! Oh, if only the those in charge were doctors, lawyers, bus drivers, carpenters and janitors...then maybe the fans would think everything would be good.....NOT!! Oh, I forgot Indian Chiefs, which on the Redskins would probably be a plus. I can hardly wait to see what the season holds. HTTR !!!

As we ignore the disparaging remarks, I think that considering where the team entered this years draft, they made the best of it. Do all of us agree with every selection, of course not, we're human. The upside is that they go to camp with a nice, full roster and we have to remember, there is a huge pool of undrafted free agents and there isn't a coach in the league that won't tell you that that pool of UFA's is where the real gems are. The way I look at it is simple.....do you think the team is better off today then it was last Monday? The're a long way to go before the first game snap, a lot of surprises and unfortunately, a lot of disappointments. The best part is that we fans get to ride along and watch the progression towards another NFC East Champ!

Erad

Actually you guys keep forgetting McGlynn is a center. The colts played him at guard and he get beat pretty bad. But he played C for Gruden. I am quite certain he will be the primary competition to Kory at the C position. 

I did not mean to imply competition for Kory @ C, I just like him @ Guard vs Center. As far as McGlynn - granted OL can play for a long time but I am saying towards the future. It can take awhile to develop a Center and quite frankly they have not really done this well in recent history - any doubters please look it up.

I did not mean to imply competition for Kory @ C, I just like him @ Guard vs Center. As far as McGlynn - granted OL can play for a long time but I am saying towards the future. It can take awhile to develop a Center and quite frankly they have not really done this well in recent history - any doubters please look it up.

I totally agree with your entire statement above, especially kory at G vs. C. The few times I remember him playing C he looked atrocious.

But my point is that while I agree McGlynn, Kory, (insert FA so far) are not the long term answers, it's impossible to address every need in a single draft. Is taking a C in the 7th rd really adressing the issue? Do you really expect to get a stud starter in that rd? That is depth at best unless you get lucky. If someone does not emerge this year expect it to be addressed next.

Specifically talking C, McGlynn played C for Gruden already so I haved to assume he feels comfortable there for at least a few years.

What up family . Boy was i mad , then happy , then mad , and happy again hahah. Let me explain . The trade with the cowboys pissed me off . Then i found out what we got in return , plus they didn't have a 3rd pick . Back happy ....Then we went with Trent Murphy when i knew it should have been Mosses the Tackle.....Then we get Mosses in the 3rd , and I'm happy again ...Then we go with a Guard that was hurt , and i was mad all night .....Then i woke up and did some research on Spencer Long , and man , if healthy he's what we need , but still he was a reach , but again i was happy ....4th round we go Bashaud Breeland , and i didn't feel nothing , because i didn't know him , so i went to the highlights , and yes , i approve . Good pick for that spot ...potential potential potential . 5th round Ryan Grant wr , and I'm still pissed , because there was two good guards on the board , plus the LB fro FSU . No , i didn't look at Ryan Grant highlights . We didn't need a WR ...Period .6th round RB Lache Seastrunk .... potential potential potential , but he din't have to many catches out of the back field . Helu , better bring it now . 7th round , truth ....I didn't pay attention . Kicker and TE ...Will see...Final note ....Rak IMO probably won't be back next year . Trent Murphy , while i didn't like the pick at first ...Dude is a beast . Plus if he pans out , we save money and can go Safety in the draft , and LB in FA . Counting on Keenan Robinson ahahaha I ain't gave up on him yet . ....My bothers ....JMO ...Looking forward to the season . HTTR

Dorrell- I was hoping they would get a OLB to take Rak's position, basically don't want to keep paying him elite money. Murphy is a thick bone beast dude and they are going to use him inside and outside, we got alot of competition at linebacker. I heard from the ota's that Keenan is playing and moving well. The kicker I like, that is if I could really like a kicker, but he's got depth in his strong leg which Forbath doesn't have but is working hard to get. I've seen anywhere from a C grade to a solid B grade on our draft, I trust the coaches and scouts to do their job and the proof is going to be first in TC. Hail and don't stay away so long just because you don't have Polo and Bust to mess with.Haha!

Polo , hahahah , surly he wouldn't like any of the picks . Spencer Long would be dragged through the mud .

On Rak , he's probably super hurt with the Murphy pick , so my thinking is he want do much more talking with bruce . Find with me , because i never thought he was worth 13 million he's asking .

Polo , hahahah , surly he wouldn't like any of the picks . Spencer Long would be dragged through the mud .

On Rak , he's probably super hurt with the Murphy pick , so my thinking is he want do much more talking with bruce . Find with me , because i never thought he was worth 13 million he's asking .

He better talk with his ass on the field. If he gets 20 sacks this year then I'm cool with paying him. Bust would think the 7th round kicker would be the MVP! I think those cats have burned every bridge and can only read articles not comment on them. That was some crazy times with those guys, loved to piss them off.

TheyAreBack , it's all out of love for my skins . We as fans think we know it all . I see were there headed now . Looking at Murphy highlight makes me love the pic more and more . Smart kid ... Take good angles , and never over run the play like Rak do . Oh , and he has a hellva spin move , something Rak is lacking . If it was me , I'll trade rak right now for a 2nd round pick if i could . That's just how much i believe in a kid that hasn't played a snap . If he fail , we still have Rob Jackson . Oh ,and lets pray that we can finally say goodbye to Polubus .

manchild157 , Rak not getting more than 10 sacks . After every sack he'll disappear for a half . Sacks are wonderful , but it's not the only part of the game . Rak hasn't changed a game for us yet . 13 Million a year go to game changers .Oh ,and bro ....That RB we drafted ....There's a highlight of him pulling his hammy , and out running defenders 40 yards while grabbing it . By by helu

I see that spin move on the video and big thing catches my eye is he tackles the legs, no bumping or upper body tackle, straight for a low leg tackle. I know Rak's not getting 20 sacks because I can't see signing him long term, maybe he will leave and be all world but he hasn't necessarily gotten it done for us.Have to give Polumbus this year as a backup, but his paycheck is high for a so so backup. We upgrade with Compton I hope.

He better talk with his ass on the field. If he gets 20 sacks this year then I'm cool with paying him. Bust would think the 7th round kicker would be the MVP! I think those cats have burned every bridge and can only read articles not comment on them. That was some crazy times with those guys, loved to piss them off.

yeah guys polo would also say no starters in the lower rounds and bust would be just contrary with his ,what was it ,12-21 posts 50 million times a day,well they are happy Shannahan isnt our coach anymore..

i agree ,Rak better play up to potential or  his replacement might have been picked  at #34

What up family . Boy was i mad , then happy , then mad , and happy again hahah. Let me explain . The trade with the cowboys pissed me off . Then i found out what we got in return , plus they didn't have a 3rd pick . Back happy ....Then we went with Trent Murphy when i knew it should have been Mosses the Tackle.....Then we get Mosses in the 3rd , and I'm happy again ...Then we go with a Guard that was hurt , and i was mad all night .....Then i woke up and did some research on Spencer Long , and man , if healthy he's what we need , but still he was a reach , but again i was happy ....4th round we go Bashaud Breeland , and i didn't feel nothing , because i didn't know him , so i went to the highlights , and yes , i approve . Good pick for that spot ...potential potential potential . 5th round Ryan Grant wr , and I'm still pissed , because there was two good guards on the board , plus the LB fro FSU . No , i didn't look at Ryan Grant highlights . We didn't need a WR ...Period .6th round RB Lache Seastrunk .... potential potential potential , but he din't have to many catches out of the back field . Helu , better bring it now . 7th round , truth ....I didn't pay attention . Kicker and TE ...Will see...Final note ....Rak IMO probably won't be back next year . Trent Murphy , while i didn't like the pick at first ...Dude is a beast . Plus if he pans out , we save money and can go Safety in the draft , and LB in FA . Counting on Keenan Robinson ahahaha I ain't gave up on him yet . ....My bothers ....JMO ...Looking forward to the season . HTTR

I think most of us did the same kind of assessment. However, I disagree about WR. The guy we got runs the best routes and has the most sure hands in the draft. He ran a bit of a slow 40 but they said the same thing about Steve Largent. Just saying. Also, it take 2 to 3 yrs to develop a WR. Now is exactly the time to look at a WR to replace either DJax or Roberts when they leave in 2 to 3 yrs. One of them will go. 

Seastrunk didn't catch many balls because they don;t throw to RBs at Baylor. He caught passes in his pro day and did fine. Plus he can really be that HR change of pace for AM. I really like his chances of playing this year. 

We addressed a few needs and got some depth later in the draft. That's exactly how you are supposed to draft. 

BTW: I hope Rak is pissed as hell! maybe he will play with more urgency and get that 15+ sacks season we all know he is capable of. In the end, nothing wrong with have 3 pas rushers. Finally on Murphy, if you listened to Gruden, I think they plan to move him inside, at least part of the time, maybe on running plays. But he can play most all the LB positions. Dude is a beast. 

Archived