Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LL56s Extrememadden league: starting point for league rules

Lavarleap56

thanks to Drew-fl for a starting point.These rules are not final but rather a begining so discussion and ideas are encouraged. i need to do some editing but you guys should get the general idea.

QB DROPBACKS: You may drop back AT MOST 10 yards from the line of scrimmage. You may roll left/right as much as you want, but never go farther than 10 yards back. This inclueds PA, shotgun, and screen passes. If video is provided that your QB breaks this rule a little bit several times, or severely once, your qb will be suspended at least one game.

Also, video proof is required for all accusations of wrongdoing. Either upload the highlight straight from the xbox360, or record it post game with a camera, or record your entire game. Take some accountability and make it much easier for me to do something about it. ************************************************** ********

1. ETIQUETTE Show some sportsmanship. If you receive an ass-beating and your opponent played a great game by the rules, don't quit. Stick it out like a man. Or just punk out b/c you will never be a champion in life with that attitude. See league name for more info...

2. OFFENSIVE GAMEPLAY -Mix up run/pass unless game dictates you either run the clock or play catch up. -Mix up the route combinations of WR's/TE's -RB dump offs should not be the primary route of most pass plays. They should be a safety valve. -If you want to call a lot of screens, vary the formation -Don't quick snap every play. Allow both off/def to settle for at least a couple secs (unless playclock low)

And my favorite rule: If a team can't stop the run or pass, you may exploit them with a heavy dose of either one by using a number of different plays. Do not make it a habit of complaining about a person’s gameplay without first asking yourself, “why am I mad?” If the answer is because you could not stop their offense or they caught you off guard, then hit the practice field and move on.

3. HURRY-UP OFFENSE: - Don't abuse it. Use it once in awhile, but never for entire drives unless in a 2 minute or catch-up situation.

4. GOAL LINE FORMATION: - The goal line formation may be used at anytime if the offense is within 10 yards or less of either end zone. It may also be used in situations involving one yard or less to attain a first down.

5. 4TH DOWN RULE: Anytime during the game, 4th and 5 or less at the 50 or closer OR 4th and inches from anywhere on the field you are allowed to go for it. The only exception to this rule is in the 4th quarter when you are DOWN you can attempt the 4th down conversion at your discretion. DOWN, NOT TIED.

6. RUNNING UP THE SCORE: Running up the score is not allowed in this league. If you are ahead in the 4th quarter by 21 points or more you should be running the ball. With 2 minutes left: you must either run the ball or QB kneel. Any unnecessary scoring or stat padding will not be tolerated. Use your best judgment. Show sportsmanship by respecting your opponent.

7. DEFENSIVE GAMEPLAY

-Mix up man/zone, press/soft, blitz/coverage -Run your scheme, but find different ways to present it -No manual movement of D-linemen is allowed -You may use strategy pad to shift the whole line -You may hot route a specific lineman into coverage, contain, spy, etc... -No pulling D-linemen off the line to play FS against pass routes is allowed.

8. PLAYER MOVE one (1) defensive player can be manually positioned before the snap -Use the strategy pad as much as you want to shift or hot route, etc... -Do NOT move that player in front of DT's, or in any other fashion with the intent on confusing the AI of the offensive line. Glitching the AI is not the same as applying pressure. -On punt return, you can move a player manually within 5 yds of LOS to defend against a fake punt, but you may not pull them all the way back to block for a punt return.

9. DISCONNECTED GAMES - If your game DC's, these are the steps you should follow: 1. If the score was tied, you may start from the beginning and play again 2. The person who was leading at the time of the DC has the option to: - have the points spotted and time ran off to get to that exact point in the game - start the game completely over - spot points but not time. just spot the points and play from there.

- Immediately after a DC, you should be COMMUNICATING to find out what's going to happen. DO NOT come on es and makes posts like "OMG the Gam3 DC oh screw LIGHTNING BOLT!!!11"

*** If you were leading and your opponent refuses to spot your points, DO NOT finish the game. Just quit and let commish know so persuasive action can be taken. If you play it out and take a loss there is absolutely nothing commish can do so don't cry.

---------- Post added October-10th-2011 at 02:02 AM ----------

i also need to add that signing up for league manager is a requirement not a option.

One suggestion I can throw in is maybe have everybody post times they think they would MOST LIKELY be available to play..... ie: Mon-Fri after 9pm , Sat. 5-12 EST

Maybe you can post it next to their name in the OP or have a thread for it.

I know everybody's schedule varies and isn't set in stone, but it could be good to have a general idea of when people are available to play.

Just a thought.....

Lets not for get that this is a game and not real football. I think were getting a little to strict here. How bout keep it simple. No glitching, nanoing,cheating. Let people play their video the game the want to. If they want to go for it 4-10 let them. I have found over the years that the madden gods will reward you making the right decisions, and punish you if you dont. I dont like the idea of rules dictating weither I run or pass, or how far I can drop back, or wither I want to run a hury up, or play press the whole game. You know when someone is not playing fair, or ruining the expierence. Report them at that time. IMO

I like the idea of the set days, and also a spot where people post when they are usually available.

Lets not for get that this is a game and not real football. I think were getting a little to strict here. How bout keep it simple. No glitching, nanoing,cheating. Let people play their video the game the want to. If they want to go for it 4-10 let them. I have found over the years that the madden gods will reward you making the right decisions, and punish you if you dont. I dont like the idea of rules dictating weither I run or pass, or how far I can drop back, or wither I want to run a hury up, or play press the whole game. You know when someone is not playing fair, or ruining the expierence. Report them at that time. IMO

I like the idea of the set days, and also a spot where people post when they are usually available.

rules i just copied and pasted from a email another league manager sent me. Having a sim league has to come with some rules/guidlines unfortunatley because if there are not i will be dealing with issues later. I have no problem with taking the qb rule out all together but its out for discussion to see what people think. no huddle rule im open to take out as well.

I'm with you. I like the idea of having a 2nd a 3rd in charge. How bout if someone is reported for somthing multiple times you all decide the punnishment. Also with the advantage of this forum, everyone will know who the jerks are. LL me and u played and I'm sure that we probably broke just about all of those rules at somepoint, but it was still fun, and I had no complaints, and you won so I'm pretty sure you dont have a complaint. Just keep it fun.

One suggestion I can throw in is maybe have everybody post times they think they would MOST LIKELY be available to play..... ie: Mon-Fri after 9pm , Sat. 5-12 EST

Maybe you can post it next to their name in the OP or have a thread for it.

I know everybody's schedule varies and isn't set in stone, but it could be good to have a general idea of when people are available to play.

Just a thought.....

great idea bro

Are we making any onside kick rules or fake punts/kicks?

from what i understand it's pretty much just an understood "don't be a douche" rulebook.

Basically that's What it is but we need some rules so I can deal with the douches. The people who play or act that way will surface if they are around and will be dealt with. My goal is to have 32 great owners and the initial group has the first oppurtunity but also I understand some people won't make it but we will see.

I know these may seem suffocating, but believe me we've used these in my lg since madden '10 and after you get your lg established, you hardly even need to check the rules. No one is telling you when to run or pass, just mix it up. And if you find a "perfect" 4th down rule please let me know b/c no one is ever completely satisfied with that. It's in there not to protect people from themselves, but it's usually the ****ty players going for 4th and 17 from their 20 and it makes it no fun for the good players who play the game like most of you want to play it.

The whole key is just to get people who want to play in this lg long-term. The more people you have like that, the less you will need rules.

How about another rule that says you can only use the QB sneak out of goalline formation once. QB sneaks are okay, but out of goalline might as well just be an auto-1st, because it's damn near impossible for the D to defend it, and I've played people who run it every time they get to any type of "x and inches" situation.

Yes this needs to be added in until it is patched. However, if someone uses this exploit i would immediately boot them b/c that is a slimy thing to do and you probably don't want to play with those people anyways.

I didnt see anything about clock managment. I played someone in the other league who was running down the clock in the 3rd quarter. I don't care if they run the ball but to stand at the line and purposely let the clock run down basically makes the game boring as hell. In the 4th quarter is one thing but as soon as you get the lead is another.

I understand what you're saying about it just being a game but I LOVE the rules.. I want to play the game the way it's meant to be played... If someone wants to play the game where they go for it on 4th and 20 every drive then go play the cpu, or join a league where nobody cares.. I personally can't stand it when someone goes for it on 4th down in the first qtr on their own side of the field.. I want to go through my tv sometimes when I see that.

This is one set of rules I used years ago for some of my leagues

Offensive Rules

- You may ONLY roll out when under Pressure OR on a designed QB roll out play - now if no one is open by all means scramble and get some yards (but not every play is going to be where you have NOONE open - and if so you should start using different routes)

- Use the Whole playbook, not just MONEY plays

- Do NOT do that retarded ass dropping back 20 yards crap

- FB dives may only be run with the FULL BACK, The only exception to this rule are teams that have no FBs, then whoever is left the starting FB can run it. -

- Goal line formations may ONLY be used inside each 10-yard line (offense and defense) but in SHORT DOWN SITUATIONS (1-2 yards to go or inches ONLY)

- Jumbo packages can be used

- You cannot run a play more than TWO times in a row. Therefore, that means if you QB sneak twice and do not make it, you cannot do it a third, time

- WR CANNOT be put at TE and RB

Motions

- ALL players MUST be set at the snap of the ball, unless there is a green auto motion involved. Using motion on a running play is ok as long as not abused

Audibles

- It is never acceptable to audible down from a set to get a WR at tight end then throw a route to him - if your WR is placed at tight end, please put him on a block -

Mix up play calling on offense and defense *CANNOT run the same play more than two times in a row. THIS MEANS IF YOU QB SNEAK 2 TIMES AND DONT MAKE IT, YOU CANT QB SNEAK A THIRD TIME/THIS GOES FOR FB DIVE TOO.

Defensive Rules

- Please mix up your defensive play calling

- You may not run around the tackle with your end if you play the d-line. - YOU MUST TRENCH FIGHT WITH THE TACKLE (Engage)

- You may play any position on defense but cannot move more than two players. If you move the second player, you must stay on him until ball is snapped.

- YOU CANT PRESS (BUMP N RUN) ON EVERY PLAY.

- No team blitzes every down - so do not

- Goaline can be used on short down situation ONLY on offense and defense. Short down situations meaning 3 yard and inches

- You cannot drop 10 or 11 back in coverage. Two Linemen must rush the QB.

- You are not allowed to use a formation other than FG/Punt Block to block a FG or punt, there were certain plays that can block FGs and these plays are not allowed.

- You can stack the line (9men in the box) but only in short down situations.

Substitutions

- Defensive players may NEVER play offense and vice versa. This is CHEESE and will lead to removal from the league –

- No glitches PERIOD!

- That includes manually blocking FG up the middle this confuses AI

4th down rules

You can go for it on 4th down:

-Anytime you across the 50 yard line UNLESS up by eight MUST kick FG If not in FG range or too much wind you can go for it

-Anytime in the 4th quarter unless up by 8

-Anytime in Overtime

-Any fourth and goal situation

-Anytime on 4th and inches IF on or passed opponents 45

-You can fake punt/Fg one time per game. "Faking" is in punt/FG formation. "Going for it" is in an offensive set. That is the distinction

Two point Conversions

- In a tie game in the 4th quarter to go for the win

- Anytime in the 4th quarter while trailing realistic rules apply

- Anytime you are ahead in the 4th quarter to make it a three or 7 point lead

-ROCKET CATCHING IS ILLEGAL

- Never quit a game (If you quit more than 2times YOUR OUT (QUITTING WILL RESULT IN LOSING ALL RIGHTS TO COMPLAIN) Stay in the game and allow the process to work

SPORTSMANSHIP

Do not purposely try to blow your opponent out. Once the game is decided please just run the clock and if they are out of timeouts utilize the kneel play in all playbooks when under 2 minutes

- DO NOT COUNTER A CHEATER WITH CHEATING

____________________________________________________________________-

Check them out and use whatever you guys want - some of these do not apply anymore so don't criticize some of them. These were also for earlier NCAA/MADDEN where some things were unstoppable (like blitzing every down)

This is one set of rules I used years ago for some of my leagues

Offensive Rules

- You may ONLY roll out when under Pressure OR on a designed QB roll out play - now if no one is open by all means scramble and get some yards (but not every play is going to be where you have NOONE open - and if so you should start using different routes)

- Use the Whole playbook, not just MONEY plays

- Do NOT do that retarded ass dropping back 20 yards crap

- FB dives may only be run with the FULL BACK, The only exception to this rule are teams that have no FBs, then whoever is left the starting FB can run it. -

- Goal line formations may ONLY be used inside each 10-yard line (offense and defense) but in SHORT DOWN SITUATIONS (1-2 yards to go or inches ONLY)

- You cannot run a play more than TWO times in a row. Therefore, that means if you QB sneak twice and do not make it, you cannot do it a third, time

Motions

- ALL players MUST be set at the snap of the ball, unless there is a green auto motion involved. Using motion on a running play is ok as long as not abused

Audibles

- It is never acceptable to audible down from a set to get a WR at tight end then throw a route to him - if your WR is placed at tight end, please put him on a block -

Mix up play calling on offense and defense *CANNOT run the same play more than two times in a row. THIS MEANS IF YOU QB SNEAK 2 TIMES AND DONT MAKE IT, YOU CANT QB SNEAK A THIRD TIME/THIS GOES FOR FB DIVE TOO.

Defensive Rules

- You may not run around the tackle with your end if you play the d-line. - YOU MUST TRENCH FIGHT WITH THE TACKLE (Engage)

- You may play any position on defense but cannot move more than two players. If you move the second player, you must stay on him until ball is snapped.

- YOU CANT PRESS (BUMP N RUN) ON EVERY PLAY.

- No team blitzes every down - so do not

- Goaline can be used on short down situation ONLY on offense and defense. Short down situations meaning 3 yard and inches

- You are not allowed to use a formation other than FG/Punt Block to block a FG or punt, there were certain plays that can block FGs and these plays are not allowed.

- You can stack the line (9men in the box) but only in short down situations.

Substitutions

- Defensive players may NEVER play offense and vice versa. This is CHEESE and will lead to removal from the league –

- No glitches PERIOD!

- That includes manually blocking FG up the middle this confuses AI

4th down rules

-Anytime you across the 50 yard line UNLESS up by eight MUST kick FG If not in FG range or too much wind you can go for it

-Anytime in Overtime

-Any fourth and goal situation

-You can fake punt/Fg one time per game. "Faking" is in punt/FG formation. "Going for it" is in an offensive set. That is the distinction

Two point Conversions

-ROCKET CATCHING IS ILLEGAL

- Never quit a game (If you quit more than 2times YOUR OUT (QUITTING WILL RESULT IN LOSING ALL RIGHTS TO COMPLAIN) Stay in the game and allow the process to work

SPORTSMANSHIP

Do not purposely try to blow your opponent out. Once the game is decided please just run the clock and if they are out of timeouts utilize the kneel play in all playbooks when under 2 minutes

____________________________________________________________________-

Check them out and use whatever you guys want - some of these do not apply anymore so don't criticize some of them. These were also for earlier NCAA/MADDEN where some things were unstoppable (like blitzing every down)

Im a fan of these and similar to drew's as well.I'm good to go with kiing's if no objections

Im a fan of these and similar to drew's as well.I'm good to go with kiing's if no objections

If we do I need to do minor tweaks to the rules a bit to better reflect this version of Madden

---------- Post added October-10th-2011 at 01:50 PM ----------

Updated:

OFFENSIVE RULES:

- You may ONLY roll out when under pressure (things like you see the line collapsing and you need to make room) OR on a designed QB roll out play - now if no one is open by all means scramble and get some yards (but not every play is going to be where you have NOONE open - and if so you should start using different routes)

- Use the whole playbook, not just MONEY plays (means plays that always are clutch and will work every time)

- Do NOT drop back for 15+ yards (even 10 yards all the time is unnecessary)

- FB dives may only be run with the FULL BACK

- Goal line formations may ONLY be used inside each 10-yard line (offense and defense) OR in SHORT DOWN SITUATIONS (1-3 yards to go or inches ONLY)

MOTIONS:

AUDIBLES:

- It is never acceptable to audible down from a set to get a WR at tight end then throw a route to him - if your WR is placed at tight end, please put him on a block.

Mix up play calling on offense and defense (do not continue to audible to the same plays)

DEFENSIVE RULES:

- You may play any position on defense but cannot move more than two players. If you move the second player, you must stay on him until ball is snapped. This does not include plays where you are shifting.

- Do not bump n run every down

- You are not allowed to use a formation other than FG/Punt formations to block a FG or punt/

- Do not consistently stack the box (meaning 9 at the LOS)

SUBSTITUTIONS:

- Defensive players may NEVER play offense and vice versa. This is CHEESE

FOURTH DOWN RULES:

-Anytime you across the 50 yard line UNLESS up by eight. MUST kick FG, if not in FG range or too much wind you can go for it (but do not always make excuses to go for it)

-Anytime in Overtime

-Any fourth and goal situation (but do not always abuse this rule even in real life teams will line up for a FG)

TWO POINT CONVERSIONS:

SPORTSMANSHIP:

MISCELLANEOUS:

- Never quit a game (QUITTING WILL RESULT IN LOSING ALL RIGHTS TO COMPLAIN) Stay in the game and allow the process to work

- No glitches period (I keep up to date with most glitches through operationsports and other means so if I hear complaints I will understand if it is an exploit

Basically a general rule of thumb is - play the game like you see a normal football game being played.

Im getting freakin pumped for this one. Looks like you guys have it under control this time. Plus last time was no fun for me cause i got stuck with some crappy simmed team.

The #1 rule for running a franchise....be committed! That is where General's started to fail......that and when he called me out that was a huge downfall there

One other "rule" or protocol you guys might want to use, is a "scheduling deadline" (SD). for example, if you advance on Sunday evening and Thursday afternoon for example, you would have about 36-48 hours after each advance to establish contact with the other owner. It only takes 10 seconds to send a txt, an ES PM, a post in a thread, an email, an xbox live msg, etc....

If an owners doesn't reply, you let the commish know by the SD and the commish has the option to either attempt to establish contact himself, or just boot him.

If neither owner lets the commish know by the SD, the commish can just sim the game and not hold up the lg for everyone else.

We have found this really makes people accountable for their own games, and like I said it takes so little time and there are so many ways to contact people.

This is especially useful when you are starting a lg with so many people like you guys have and not everyone knows each other yet. It seems as a rule you always lose about 10-15% of your lg in about 5 games or so.

Being a commish of a large lg can be time consuming so this makes it way easier on LL56 so he doesn't have to try to track down people at the last minute or risk holding up the lg for everyone.

One other "rule" or protocol you guys might want to use, is a "scheduling deadline" (SD). for example, if you advance on Sunday evening and Thursday afternoon for example, you would have about 36-48 hours after each advance to establish contact with the other owner. It only takes 10 seconds to send a txt, an ES PM, a post in a thread, an email, an xbox live msg, etc....

If an owners doesn't reply, you let the commish know by the SD and the commish has the option to either attempt to establish contact himself, or just boot him.

If neither owner lets the commish know by the SD, the commish can just sim the game and not hold up the lg for everyone else.

We have found this really makes people accountable for their own games, and like I said it takes so little time and there are so many ways to contact people.

This is especially useful when you are starting a lg with so many people like you guys have and not everyone knows each other yet. It seems as a rule you always lose about 10-15% of your lg in about 5 games or so.

Being a commish of a large lg can be time consuming so this makes it way easier on LL56 so he doesn't have to try to track down people at the last minute or risk holding up the lg for everyone.

Yep - I always suggest having a set time to advance. For mine it is every 72 hours at 11:59 PM EST unless games are finished. This way everyone is not confused when the next advance time is. I suggest we use the edit titles on a thread solely for advances/scheduling.

---------- Post added October-10th-2011 at 03:18 PM ----------

I also suggest that whoever we have join at the start be it. If someone leaves just stick with the CPU for the remainder of the season. end of the season then you fill the spots. Stops us from having to keep explaining everything to someone midseason

I looked at everyone's schedule and it looks like Tuesday and Sunday advance would work well. Likley planning on each week having a edited thread where people can discuss scheduling. I will be putting up a official rule thread later this evening that also deals with everything. I have to basically manage 32 people so if you can't communicate with the members of me rest assured ill be looking for a new owner.

I looked at everyone's schedule and it looks like Tuesday and Sunday advance would work well. Likley planning on each week having a edited thread where people can discuss scheduling. I will be putting up a official rule thread later this evening that also deals with everything. I have to basically manage 32 people so if you can't communicate with the members of me rest assured ill be looking for a new owner.

If we lose someone you need to let me know ASAP so I can remove them from LM

Archived