Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GQ: The Worst Sports Fans in America

Boss_Hogg

GQ: The Worst Sports Fans in America

GQ's heavily researched, highly scientific accounting of the bleacher creatures, bottle-throwers, couch-torchers, sexual harassers, projectile vomiters, and serially indifferent bandwagon-hoppers marring our national landscape. Residents of the City of Brotherly Love: You might want to start planning your victory parade right now

Click Here to see the worst sports fans.

EDIT: Maryland is #5!

Maryland #5 out of all the fans in America, pro and college, is startling.

I knew they were rough, but #5?

Who's #1? Philly? New York? LOL

Eagles are #1 Phillies are #2

Dallas is #12:

The swaggering diaspora of Dallas fans insufferably mouth off about the invincibility of "America's Team," as if they're rooting for our entire country and not a franchise that has won two playoff games in the past fifteen years. To set the record straight: The nickname came from a 1978 Cowboys highlight reel, not some edict from Uncle Sam. And they've sworn their allegiance to a front-running team that isn't even good enough to run up front anymore.

Read More http://www.gq.com/sports/lists/201104/worst-sports-fans-in-america#ixzz1GxfD4hob

I am so glad that City of Brotherly Thugs was nationally recognized as #1 and #2 of the worst fans out there. They broke Cheif Z's leg for crying out loud! I watched them as they spit on their own players after a loss to the mighty Skins a few years ago. I am disgusted with that armpit of a city, and everyone who lives there. :eaglesuck

Worst sports fans does not equal worst behaved. To me, that's a misnomer of epic proportions.

This appears to be a list for worst behaved.

Usually though, the best (or atleast most passionate) sports fans are often the worst behaved.

Sigh.

It appears to be a mix of both, worst overall and worst-behaved. Maryland/Oregon/Philly are examples of worst-behaved while Cowboys/Yankees/Red-Sox seem to be more of a worst-overall.

I couldn't disagree with anyone on that list though

Worst sports fans does not equal worst behaved. To me, that's a misnomer of epic proportions.

This appears to be a list for worst behaved.

Usually though, the best (or atleast most passionate) sports fans are often the worst behaved.

Sigh.

Good call, if this were a list of the "worst" fans ranked by lack of passion, I would have to put Atlanta high on the list.

Public polling at its worst. I had no reservations about taking my son to multiple Phillies games last summer as a 2-year old. We weren't doused with any type of liquid, weren't overwhelmed with profanity nor assaulted, harassed or abused in any fashion. The article is 100% accurate about Eagles fans at the Linc though.

Public polling at its worst. I had no reservations about taking my son to multiple Phillies games last summer as a 2-year old. We weren't doused with any type of liquid, weren't overwhelmed with profanity nor assaulted, harassed or abused in any fashion. The article is 100% accurate about Eagles fans at the Linc though.

This incident alone is enough to land them at #2.

Good call, if this were a list of the "worst" fans ranked by lack of passion, I would have to put Atlanta high on the list.

I can't comment on Atlanta as a sports town, but if you were talking about "worst" fans according to lack of passion, Miami as a city would have to be near the top. A really pathetic sports fanbase here.

Archived