On Now
Coming Up
  • Sun., Nov. 22, 2015 11:30 AM - 11:45 AM EST Live Gametime Live Redskins Gametime Live vs. Panthers
  • Sun., Nov. 22, 2015 2:30 PM - 2:45 PM EST Live Halftime Update Redskins Halftime Update hosted LIVE from FedExField
  • Sun., Nov. 22, 2015 4:00 PM - 4:15 PM EST Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden speaks to media following the Redskins' game vs. the Carolina Panthers at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, Nc. on Sunday, November 22, 2015.
  • Sun., Nov. 22, 2015 4:15 PM - 4:30 PM EST Live Post Game Presser Select Redskins players speak to media folliwng the Redskins' game vs. the Carolina Panthers at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, Nc. on Sunday, November 22, 2015.
  • Mon., Nov. 23, 2015 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fans unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m/7:30 a.m. daily)

• TIME:  5:30 PM 

• Tue., Nov. 24, 2015 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fans unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m/7:30 a.m. daily)

• Wed., Nov. 25, 2015 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Thu., Nov. 26, 2015 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Fri., Nov. 27, 2015 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Sun., Nov. 29, 2015 11:30 AM - 11:45 AM EST Live Gametime Live Redskins Gametime Live vs. New York Giants

Photo

GQ: The Worst Sports Fans in America

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Boss_Hogg

Boss_Hogg

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 14,939 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:13 AM

GQ: The Worst Sports Fans in America

GQ's heavily researched, highly scientific accounting of the bleacher creatures, bottle-throwers, couch-torchers, sexual harassers, projectile vomiters, and serially indifferent bandwagon-hoppers marring our national landscape. Residents of the City of Brotherly Love: You might want to start planning your victory parade right now

Click Here to see the worst sports fans.

EDIT: Maryland is #5!

Edited by Boss_Hogg, 18 March 2011 - 09:14 AM.

#2 ixcuincle

ixcuincle

The Starter

• Members
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:23 AM

Maryland #5 out of all the fans in America, pro and college, is startling.

I knew they were rough, but #5?

Who's #1? Philly? New York? LOL

#3 Boss_Hogg

Boss_Hogg

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 14,939 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:26 AM

Maryland #5 out of all the fans in America, pro and college, is startling.

I knew they were rough, but #5?

Who's #1? Philly? New York? LOL

Eagles are #1 Phillies are #2

Dallas is #12:

The swaggering diaspora of Dallas fans insufferably mouth off about the invincibility of "America's Team," as if they're rooting for our entire country and not a franchise that has won two playoff games in the past fifteen years. To set the record straight: The nickname came from a 1978 Cowboys highlight reel, not some edict from Uncle Sam. And they've sworn their allegiance to a front-running team that isn't even good enough to run up front anymore.

Read More http://www.gq.com/sp...a#ixzz1GxfD4hob

#4 SonnyRules

SonnyRules

The Pro Bowlers

• Members
  • 8,343 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:33 AM

MD at #5 is amazing. They have to stop beating Duke.

#5 RangerSkin

RangerSkin

The Cheerleader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:38 AM

I am so glad that City of Brotherly Thugs was nationally recognized as #1 and #2 of the worst fans out there. They broke Cheif Z's leg for crying out loud! I watched them as they spit on their own players after a loss to the mighty Skins a few years ago. I am disgusted with that armpit of a city, and everyone who lives there. :eaglesuck

#6 The Evil Genius

The Evil Genius

The Heavy Hitter

• Members
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:40 AM

Worst sports fans does not equal worst behaved. To me, that's a misnomer of epic proportions.

This appears to be a list for worst behaved.

Usually though, the best (or atleast most passionate) sports fans are often the worst behaved.

Sigh.

Edited by The Evil Genius, 18 March 2011 - 09:41 AM.

#7 ffxdrummer

ffxdrummer

The Benchwarmer

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:42 AM

Worst sports fans does not equal worst behaved. To me, that's a misnomer of epic proportions.

Usually though, the best (or atleast most passionate) sports fans are often the worst behaved.

Sigh.

It appears to be a mix of both, worst overall and worst-behaved. Maryland/Oregon/Philly are examples of worst-behaved while Cowboys/Yankees/Red-Sox seem to be more of a worst-overall.

I couldn't disagree with anyone on that list though

#8 lovetoaster

lovetoaster

The Dirtbags

• Members
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:45 AM

Sigh.

Good call, if this were a list of the "worst" fans ranked by lack of passion, I would have to put Atlanta high on the list.

#9 rdsknbill

rdsknbill

The Run Stopper

• Members
  • 5,837 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

I witnessed this crap at Texas stadium. Douche chills

Posted Image

#10 macnoke03

macnoke03

The Starter

• Members
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

MD at #5 is amazing. They have to stop beating Duke.

You might want to check recent history. Hell, all of history for that matter.

#11 RiggosMohawk

RiggosMohawk

The Rookie

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:11 AM

Public polling at its worst. I had no reservations about taking my son to multiple Phillies games last summer as a 2-year old. We weren't doused with any type of liquid, weren't overwhelmed with profanity nor assaulted, harassed or abused in any fashion. The article is 100% accurate about Eagles fans at the Linc though.

#12 Enter Apotheosis

Enter Apotheosis

The Heavy Hitter

• Members
  • 7,949 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:20 AM

Public polling at its worst. I had no reservations about taking my son to multiple Phillies games last summer as a 2-year old. We weren't doused with any type of liquid, weren't overwhelmed with profanity nor assaulted, harassed or abused in any fashion. The article is 100% accurate about Eagles fans at the Linc though.

This incident alone is enough to land them at #2.

#13 IONTOP

IONTOP

The Playmaker

• Members
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:49 AM

I dislike Duke as much as the next person, but I got a chuckle when reading "If you can't go to college, go to state"...

That's just good natured ribbing...

#14 Spartacus87

Spartacus87

The Cover Corner

• Members
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:56 PM

Good call, if this were a list of the "worst" fans ranked by lack of passion, I would have to put Atlanta high on the list.

I can't comment on Atlanta as a sports town, but if you were talking about "worst" fans according to lack of passion, Miami as a city would have to be near the top. A really pathetic sports fanbase here.