On Now
Coming Up
  • Wed., Oct. 29, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fans unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m/7:30 a.m. daily)

• DATE: December 3, 2013
    • TIME:  5:30 PM 

• Thu., Oct. 30, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fans unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m/7:30 a.m. daily)

• Fri., Oct. 31, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Sun., Nov. 02, 2014 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM EST Live Verizon Gametime Live Redskins pregame show hosted by Larry Michael LIVE from TCF Bank Stadium before the Redskins vs. Vikings game on Sunday, November 2, 2014.
  • Sun., Nov. 02, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EST Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden takes the podium following the Redskins vs. Vikings game at TCF Bank Stadium on Sunday, November 2, 2014.
  • Sun., Nov. 02, 2014 5:00 PM - 5:30 PM EST Live Player Press Conference Select Redskins players take the podium following the Redskins vs. Vikings game at TCF Bank Stadium on Sunday, November 2, 2014.
  • Mon., Nov. 03, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Tue., Nov. 04, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Wed., Nov. 05, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Thu., Nov. 06, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Photo

GQ: The Worst Sports Fans in America

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Boss_Hogg

Boss_Hogg

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 13,254 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:13 AM

GQ: The Worst Sports Fans in America

GQ's heavily researched, highly scientific accounting of the bleacher creatures, bottle-throwers, couch-torchers, sexual harassers, projectile vomiters, and serially indifferent bandwagon-hoppers marring our national landscape. Residents of the City of Brotherly Love: You might want to start planning your victory parade right now

Click Here to see the worst sports fans.

EDIT: Maryland is #5!

Edited by Boss_Hogg, 18 March 2011 - 09:14 AM.

#2 ixcuincle

ixcuincle

The Starter

• Members
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:23 AM

Maryland #5 out of all the fans in America, pro and college, is startling.

I knew they were rough, but #5?

Who's #1? Philly? New York? LOL

#3 Boss_Hogg

Boss_Hogg

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 13,254 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:26 AM

Maryland #5 out of all the fans in America, pro and college, is startling.

I knew they were rough, but #5?

Who's #1? Philly? New York? LOL

Eagles are #1 Phillies are #2

Dallas is #12:

The swaggering diaspora of Dallas fans insufferably mouth off about the invincibility of "America's Team," as if they're rooting for our entire country and not a franchise that has won two playoff games in the past fifteen years. To set the record straight: The nickname came from a 1978 Cowboys highlight reel, not some edict from Uncle Sam. And they've sworn their allegiance to a front-running team that isn't even good enough to run up front anymore.

Read More http://www.gq.com/sp...a#ixzz1GxfD4hob

#4 SonnyRules

SonnyRules

The Pro Bowlers

• Members
  • 8,343 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:33 AM

MD at #5 is amazing. They have to stop beating Duke.

#5 RangerSkin

RangerSkin

Cheerleader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:38 AM

I am so glad that City of Brotherly Thugs was nationally recognized as #1 and #2 of the worst fans out there. They broke Cheif Z's leg for crying out loud! I watched them as they spit on their own players after a loss to the mighty Skins a few years ago. I am disgusted with that armpit of a city, and everyone who lives there. :eaglesuck

#6 The Evil Genius

The Evil Genius

The Heavy Hitter

• Members
  • 7,595 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:40 AM

Worst sports fans does not equal worst behaved. To me, that's a misnomer of epic proportions.

This appears to be a list for worst behaved.

Usually though, the best (or atleast most passionate) sports fans are often the worst behaved.

Sigh.

Edited by The Evil Genius, 18 March 2011 - 09:41 AM.

#7 ffxdrummer

ffxdrummer

The Benchwarmer

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:42 AM

Worst sports fans does not equal worst behaved. To me, that's a misnomer of epic proportions.

Usually though, the best (or atleast most passionate) sports fans are often the worst behaved.

Sigh.

It appears to be a mix of both, worst overall and worst-behaved. Maryland/Oregon/Philly are examples of worst-behaved while Cowboys/Yankees/Red-Sox seem to be more of a worst-overall.

I couldn't disagree with anyone on that list though

#8 lovetoaster

lovetoaster

The Backup

• Members
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:45 AM

Sigh.

Good call, if this were a list of the "worst" fans ranked by lack of passion, I would have to put Atlanta high on the list.

#9 rdsknbill

rdsknbill

The Run Stopper

• Members
  • 5,833 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

I witnessed this crap at Texas stadium. Douche chills

Posted Image

#10 macnoke03

macnoke03

The Starter

• Members
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

MD at #5 is amazing. They have to stop beating Duke.

You might want to check recent history. Hell, all of history for that matter.

#11 RiggosMohawk

RiggosMohawk

The Rookie

• Members
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:11 AM

Public polling at its worst. I had no reservations about taking my son to multiple Phillies games last summer as a 2-year old. We weren't doused with any type of liquid, weren't overwhelmed with profanity nor assaulted, harassed or abused in any fashion. The article is 100% accurate about Eagles fans at the Linc though.

#12 Enter Apotheosis

Enter Apotheosis

The Heavy Hitter

• Members
  • 7,949 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:20 AM

Public polling at its worst. I had no reservations about taking my son to multiple Phillies games last summer as a 2-year old. We weren't doused with any type of liquid, weren't overwhelmed with profanity nor assaulted, harassed or abused in any fashion. The article is 100% accurate about Eagles fans at the Linc though.

This incident alone is enough to land them at #2.

#13 IONTOP

IONTOP

The Playmaker

• Members
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:49 AM

I dislike Duke as much as the next person, but I got a chuckle when reading "If you can't go to college, go to state"...

That's just good natured ribbing...

#14 Spartacus87

Spartacus87

The Cover Corner

• Members
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:56 PM

Good call, if this were a list of the "worst" fans ranked by lack of passion, I would have to put Atlanta high on the list.

I can't comment on Atlanta as a sports town, but if you were talking about "worst" fans according to lack of passion, Miami as a city would have to be near the top. A really pathetic sports fanbase here.