Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Get Jerseys Fixed

hanster

Most of the time the jerseys don't give us a problem. Every once in a while there will be one that's trouble. There is a film of glue behind the name plate or the letter itself. If the glue remains on the jersey after the lettering has been removed then you have a problem. Outside of that we can change anything you want.

Joe Cheseldine

P.O. Box 393

2799 Old Washington Rd.

Waldorf, MD 20604

800-347-0032

301-870-7883 (fx)

Most of the time the jerseys don't give us a problem. Every once in a while there will be one that's trouble. There is a film of glue behind the name plate or the letter itself. If the glue remains on the jersey after the lettering has been removed then you have a problem. Outside of that we can change anything you want.

Joe Cheseldine

P.O. Box 393

2799 Old Washington Rd.

Waldorf, MD 20604

800-347-0032

301-870-7883 (fx)

If there's a film of glue, can't you just change the nameplate?

• 4 weeks later...
Depending on where you live for shipping, but putting the name on the back $35.00. Great deal to make a worthless $300 #56 jersey shine again

Agreed....that seems like a fair price......I'm gonna have to contact these guys....I have an "authentic :( " autographed #56. Might as well get some use out of it!

hmm, I removed the nameplate on a jersey of mine, and a local sports shop screen prints for 5$. Yeh...

Mr. S, was there a problem with glue residue, when you removed the nameplate? A local sports shop here said they could try to remove the nameplate, but they couldn't guarantee it wouldn't get screwed up b/c of the glue residue.

• 1 month later...
Hey, does anyone know anything about these guys? http://shop.exclusivepro.com/

They said they would mail out a new nameplate to replace my Gardner nameplate on a 70th Anniversary jersey. They say they match it perfectly. The cost is $20.

Wow that's a cool link. I just book marked it. They seem very competent, unlike any other outfit I've found (except they're order link doesn't work right). I might have to check this out. THANKS

Mr. S, was there a problem with glue residue, when you removed the nameplate? A local sports shop here said they could try to remove the nameplate, but they couldn't guarantee it wouldn't get screwed up b/c of the glue residue.

There shouldn't be any glue. Nameplates are sewn on, whether they are replicas or authentics. You can remove them yourselve with a little time and patience. If there's glue, it is probably a knockoff jersey.

Wow that's a cool link. I just book marked it. They seem very competent, unlike any other outfit I've found (except they're order link doesn't work right). I might have to check this out. THANKS

MTH, Hey, I just ordered from them and will let you know how it goes. They seem to know their stuff, at least from talking to them on the phone. I'm just having 3 nameplates shipped out. Am converting 3 Gardner jerseys to 3 Brown jerseys (as in Charlie Brown). The cost is $20/nameplate + $10.50 shipping. Seems a small price to pay to have a usable jersey again.

With regard to their order link, I was confused by it (it seems only to apply to having jersey numbers changed); so, I called them. They were good to deal with on the phone, and I just placed my order at the end of the call. Hopefully, it'll be a smooth transaction.

There shouldn't be any glue. Nameplates are sewn on, whether they are replicas or authentics. You can remove them yourselve with a little time and patience. If there's glue, it is probably a knockoff jersey.

Yeah, I wrote that before actually removing the nameplate. I removed it (took about 30 minutes to do it carefully). There's shadowing from the name "Gardner," but it'll be good as new, as soon as I have the new nameplate sewn on.

I don't think there is anything wrong with just screen printing a name after removing the nameplate. I wouldn't try doing it myself, so I wouldn't know about glue problems, I just had it done at a store in Harrisonburg, where I unfortunately am not anymore.

I think any shirt shop could just use white lettering of some sort to print a name on there. Another shirt shop I visited one time said they could use some sorta different lettering that would actually last longer and won't crack as easily. Again that was in Harrisonburg too though :doh:. It won't look so called "authentic", but the jersey is otherwise a waste. Besides, you already got the colors, why not just get some name of cheap quality put on professionally and make it usuable. I just bought a retro Ramsey jersey on ebay, and plan on finding a local shirt shop and putting my last name on it. I don't really care if it's on a nameplate, or made with official lettering or something, as long as my name shows.

MTH, Hey, I just ordered from them and will let you know how it goes. They seem to know their stuff, at least from talking to them on the phone. I'm just having 3 nameplates shipped out. Am converting 3 Gardner jerseys to 3 Brown jerseys (as in Charlie Brown). The cost is $20/nameplate + $10.50 shipping. Seems a small price to pay to have a usable jersey again.

With regard to their order link, I was confused by it (it seems only to apply to having jersey numbers changed); so, I called them. They were good to deal with on the phone, and I just placed my order at the end of the call. Hopefully, it'll be a smooth transaction.

Cool! I've ordered nameplates twice (at two different websites, but ordered by phone), and both times, nothing ever happened. No nameplate ever arrived and my card was never charged, no message, no email, no phone call, no explanation, nothing.

Good luck with that, let me know how it goes!

Archived