Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A. Cooper: Redskin lineman Simmons snorting Cocaine on day of '84 Super Bowl

herb mul-key

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.cooper.360/blog/

Whacky and more whacky....

how do you do blow before a game??? I can not see how it would help at all...

The last thing I feel like doing after a little blow is play sports....smoke pot, now thats a different story?

coke for some is a complete adrenline rush, it gets them so pumped up, it also might have been an escape to hide his sexuality as well, who knows

I would like to know if he still communicates with any of the other players or coachs.

I had a friend in HS who would regularly snort jags before his wrestling matches. He destroyed people...but that is a high intensity short duration activity. Seems like the grinding attrition of a 3 hour football game would make it hard to maintain that narcotic edge.

The last thing I feel like doing after a little blow is play sports....smoke pot, now thats a different story?

Ask LT or Dexter and they'll tell you what's it's like. LT's career was built on it.

Guest GibbSkins11
I've edited the thread title to something a bit less misleading.

The thread title suggested the entire OL was high during the game. Cooper's piece was about one guy.

thanks we dont want one coke sniffer makin the skins look bad

I have heard rumors about a bunch of our players getting drunk before the game in 1984, and that could have been a reason behind the loss to the Raiders. Does anyone know anything about this?

I never heard that. I have of course heard about a bunch of the Villanova guys being on coke when they beat my beloved Georgetown Hoyas in the 1985 title game. "Vanillanova." If I remember correctly, they shot 94% in the second half. Crazy.

Does anyone remember Roy Simmons? I don't. I saw Simmons and thought it was about Ed Simmons, who came a little later...

I have heard rumors about a bunch of our players getting drunk before the game in 1984, and that could have been a reason behind the loss to the Raiders. Does anyone know anything about this?

I'm not completely sure, but I think the story goes that players partied way too much the night before the game, and were badly hung over for the game.......

I'm not completely sure, but I think the story goes that players partied way too much the night before the game, and were badly hung over for the game.......

That is what I heard also. And it wasn't backups either. It was guys like Theisman and Riggins according to the legend

Theisman also apparently apologized to the team for losing the Superbowl, and that loss apparently also changed Gibbs rules on curfews during Superbowl week

why do u have a question mark after it, if u are or just did smoke weed u wont be able to play it would throw u off so much where as coke u would getmore of an adrenaline rush, bud slows u down when ur high two verry diff things

I had a friend in HS who would regularly snort jags before his wrestling matches. He destroyed people...but that is a high intensity short duration activity. Seems like the grinding attrition of a 3 hour football game would make it hard to maintain that narcotic edge.

Narcotic edge...hehe...that was pretty funny.

Do you remember the famous 'No Mas' fight between Roberto Duran and Sugar Ray Leanard?

What you probaby don't remember is the reason why Duran quit, yeah he was losing to Leanard who was outboxing him, but quit? Never,

He was blowing yeyo in his dressing room before the fight and ended up with really bad bowels, and as soon as he left the ring, ran to the toilet in his dressing room and didn't leave for forty five minutes.

And now you know the rest of the story.

Alexis Arguello vs. Aryon 'The Hawk' Pryor...

on HBO,...you hear Pryor's trainer, in between rounds yell "give me the water bottle".

"No not that one, the one I mixed"

years later, Pryor admitted that the bottle contained a mixture of cocaine and water.

He ended up knocking Arguello out in the 14th round.

Mike Tyson is also a known coke head

Interesting sidenote. About six months ago after waiting for my barber, I sat down. He made a face about the guy who just got up from his chair and then after talking about the guys general wackiness, went on to say that the guy was co-writing a book w/ a former NY Giant who is coming out of the closet.

I had been waiting, and this must be it.

I think the point of the article is, this is a guy who had to live a lie. I remember Roy, as he was someone my sister met several times, because she was friends with another Redskin named Bruce Radford who was on injured reserve. I even danced with Roy at a club in VA one night. I was very young, and truly only cared about football, but would have never thought Roy to be gay. When I saw his story on Real Sports a couple years back, I was truly saddened, not because he is gay, or even that he is HIV positive, that one is hard enough for the guy, but that he and many gay men in this NFL have to hide who they truly are. I am sure he wont get much sympathy from people on this thread, I have seen the anti gay rhetoric on here, but I for one, just appreciate the person.. Go SKINS!

why do u have a question mark after it, if u are or just did smoke weed u wont be able to play it would throw u off so much where as coke u would getmore of an adrenaline rush, bud slows u down when ur high two verry diff things

don't know why I put in a ?, edited to a exclamation mark,

I don't know when I do blow I just want to be around chicks and drink beers etc. and that is it....

When I go biking or skiing or paddling or play flag football I can be high as a kite and get totally into it!!!

Not that I do either that much...well OK who doesn't smoke a little, check my handle...he was a cool street free agent back in the day;) :cool:

Archived