Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Loudest stadium in the NFL?

ceekay84

Quest is the loudest because they designed the stadium to hold sound. Unfortunately Fedex is not designed to hold sound but still gets very loud. Fedex has the potential to be insanely loud. I'm sure those of you who went to the 99 playoff game remember how insanely loud that game was. I couldn't hear my buddy next to me it was so loud.

Good idea. Someone tell Danny, if it can help the team win games, I bet he would pick up the check.

He was asked about that during his interview here in August. I'm pretty sure he said it would cost an insane amount of money and would take too long to be added to the existing stadium.

Just something i thought about...but what about Dallas....you never year about htem having a very loud stadium, yet it is one of the only stadiums with a retractable roof...if we had it like them, do you think snyder would deliberately leave the roof closed in order to make more noise?

and by they way, it's funny how they have all the groundwork to have some serious home feild advantage, but they never do!

RFK was definitely the loudest stadium in the NFL. Today, I think it is Qwest. Having just returned from Seattle and having experienced the stadium noise first-hand, let me say it was LOUD. Possibly just as loud as FedEx in 1999 but those Hawk fans sustain their enthusiasm throughout the entire game. There is no booing the home team and they are pumped up on coffee and salmon burgers from start to finish. It was so loud I couldn't wait to get out of there. I think the roof helps but also the stadium is built straight up. The vertical is double black diamond steep. My seats were in the noise bleed and I needed oxygen just to get to my seat. I think the roof, the vertical and the fans make it a very noisey venue. Next year, we need home field advantage!

RFK was definitely the loudest stadium in the NFL. Today, I think it is Qwest. Having just returned from Seattle and having experienced the stadium noise first-hand, let me say it was LOUD. Possibly just as loud as FedEx in 1999 but those Hawk fans sustain their enthusiasm throughout the entire game. There is no booing the home team and they are pumped up on coffee and salmon burgers from start to finish. It was so loud I couldn't wait to get out of there. I think the roof helps but also the stadium is built straight up. The vertical is double black diamond steep. My seats were in the noise bleed and I needed oxygen just to get to my seat. I think the roof, the vertical and the fans make it a very noisey venue. Next year, we need home field advantage!

I've been to Texas Stadium a couple times, FedEx several times, and Qwest last week. Qwest is the loudest b/c of the roof. Fans were enthusiatic but not knowledgeable about the game. They kept cheering even when Seattle was on offense!! FedEx has the most knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and loudest fans but tough to make it as loud as Qwest given it doesn't have the overhanging roof.

Just something i thought about...but what about Dallas....you never year about htem having a very loud stadium, yet it is one of the only stadiums with a retractable roof...if we had it like them, do you think snyder would deliberately leave the roof closed in order to make more noise?

and by they way, it's funny how they have all the groundwork to have some serious home feild advantage, but they never do!

Dallas doesn't have a retractable roof. They have a hole that they were to cheap to fill in; so, they said they were keeping it open for God to watch. But you have a point, it is a fairly enclosed staidum. Have been there a couple times and not very loud.

Archived