Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar for Rivers?

JLOgletree

Trying to take the edge off of waiting for Sunday 4pm, so lets play what if....

-We send Lavar to SD for Rivers, and see if we can get a 2nd or 3rd for Ramsey? Let Brunnel run the O until he is done, and then Rivers and Campbell can fight it out to lead the team.

-Use the pick from Ramsey to shore up the DLine or get a WR that will draw some coverage.

-For the record I would rather see both of them stay on the team for years to come, but have to be realistic both want a new home next year.

Go Skins,

reminder..

Last year we traded away this year's #1 and a few other picks to draft our QB.

Why on earth would you want another one? Gibbs has won with EVERY QB he's ever had. EVERY ONE of them have played in a championship game, (Brunell hasn't for us yet, but the season ain't over.) Gibbs KNOWS his QBs. He told everyone Brunell could play when no one thought he could, and lookie lookie, turns out he was right when every so called expert had him and Brunell both buried as dinosaurs.

I am willing to say Campbell will be the man, because so far Gibbs is batting 1000 with his QBs.

~Bang

Ok let's just trade or cut LaVar so we take an 18 million dollar cap hit instead of a 12 million dollar cap hit. Let's face it guys whether you like him or hate him LaVar will be a redskin next year.

The only way we can release him is if he takes a pay cut to do so. And be honest how many of you would give money to the job that you love so they can fire you without hurting themselves.

I know I wouldn't.

LaVar will stay because of his cap number and things will get worked out between him and the skins anyway.

And by the way why trade for Rivers. That would be a totsl waste we already have our QB of the present and future (Brunell and Campbell).

exactly! No way anyone wants Rivers... A trade is possible but not for a QB when we've invested in Campbell this much already.

I hope by some Miracle Lavar stays... We'll get rid of Ramsey (even though I love him), Ramsey will be a great fit for some struggling teams out there and we can get a decent draft pick for him.

Lavar cannot be traded. It is the closest thing there is to a financial impossibility. No team will take on his cap hit with his injury risk. Lavar needs to strengthen his bond with GW and JG. Those are the two men who run this ship. If LA is to be a passenger next year it is in thier hands. I think Lavar has the respect of the locker room. If he has the respect of the coaching staff he will be here next year.

My personal wish is to see Lavar play his best football on Sunday against the Eagles and carry that over into the playoffs.

Trying to take the edge off of waiting for Sunday 4pm, so lets play what if....

-We send Lavar to SD for Rivers, and see if we can get a 2nd or 3rd for Ramsey? Let Brunnel run the O until he is done, and then Rivers and Campbell can fight it out to lead the team.

Go Skins,

Are you serious...Rivers' mechanics stink - I don't think he has what it takes to be a quality QB in the NFL - we'd be trading a phenom on the field for an unproven product -

If Brunell goes down, and we are left with, for all intense purposes, a rookie to take over, our season tanks immediately.

I don't like the options you mention.

Are you serious...Rivers' mechanics stink - I don't think he has what it takes to be a quality QB in the NFL - we'd be trading a phenom on the field for an unproven product -

If Brunell goes down, and we are left with, for all intense purposes, a rookie to take over, our season tanks immediately.

I don't like the options you mention.

One never knows.. we've been in situations before when an unknown QB that was a much later selection had to step into an emergeny situation, and Schroeder did OK.

Gibbs knows QBs. He sees things in them that others can't, ie: Mark Brunell, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien, Jay Schroeder, Stan (the MAN) Humphries... that can be taken to the bank.

The guy is a bona-fide GREAT coach, one of, if not THE best ever. It's not schemes and innovation that wins for Gibbs, it's his ability to lead men into battle, to command respect, and to instill pride and a sense of team among his players. Its his ability to get the most out of each and every player, and to place them in the situations they need to be successful. I have no doubt he has complete confidence in Campbell's future, and based on his track record, that is enough for me.

~Bang

reminder..

Why on earth would you want another one? Gibbs has won with EVERY QB he's ever had. EVERY ONE of them have played in a championship game, (Brunell hasn't for us yet, but the season ain't over.) Gibbs KNOWS his QBs. He told everyone Brunell could play when no one thought he could, and lookie lookie, turns out he was right when every so called expert had him and Brunell both buried as dinosaurs.

I am willing to say Campbell will be the man, because so far Gibbs is batting 1000 with his QBs.

~Bang

Good point ~Bang. However, nobody's perfect and a little diversification of risk wouldn't be a bad thing here. With that said, I'd be against a deal to get Rivers...we'd have to give up too much for an as yet unknown quantity. If we're dead set on shipping Ramsey and getting another QB, I'd much rather we just drafted a sleeper prospect (there's going to be several of them I think) in the middle rounds to be a future backup and/or insurance policy for Campbell.

We send Lavar to SD for Rivers, and see if we can get a 2nd or 3rd for Ramsey?

Hello Mcfly?? We already have a 1st round QB on the squad. Do you remember all the QB threads this year??? This board would EXPLODE if that trade was made. We need Levar a lot more than another QB. And I'm a huge Philip Rivers fan. I watched this kid for 4 years at NC State and would love to have him as a Redskins, but another young highly drafted QB is the LAST thing we need. Not to mention the $$$ we would have to pay another QB to SIT on the bench.

Trade Ramsey and get a 2nd or 3r sounds good though..

Archived