Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar for Rivers?

JLOgletree

Considering the thread began with the starter saying he was starting it to kill time while waiting for the game, I think it's a fine topic.

Seems everyone is against the idea, as am I, but it may be we have to go for a #2 QB this offseason if Ramsey leaves.. remember Gibbs picking up Jeff Rutledge? He ended up being a very good backup while other younger QBs like Ryp groomed.

~Bang

reminder..

Last year we traded away this year's #1 and a few other picks to draft our QB.

Why on earth would you want another one? Gibbs has won with EVERY QB he's ever had. EVERY ONE of them have played in a championship game, (Brunell hasn't for us yet, but the season ain't over.) Gibbs KNOWS his QBs. He told everyone Brunell could play when no one thought he could, and lookie lookie, turns out he was right when every so called expert had him and Brunell both buried as dinosaurs.

I am willing to say Campbell will be the man, because so far Gibbs is batting 1000 with his QBs.

~Bang

Dont forget about Jay, The Babe, and Stan the Man.....I feel what you are saying though...

Ok....seeing we're playing "what if..." The NY Post reported today, that the Jets are seriously thinking of not signing John Abraham to a Big, long term contract. Seems they're running scared after what has happened to Pennington since he signed that 64 Million deal. Sooooo...Abraham for Arrington, even up. I like Lavar, but if he's going, I could live with this scenario. I KNOW :doh: , there's 101 reasons why this won't happen, but I like it.

One never knows.. we've been in situations before when an unknown QB that was a much later selection had to step into an emergeny situation, and Schroeder did OK.

Gibbs knows QBs. He sees things in them that others can't, ie: Mark Brunell, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien, Jay Schroeder, Stan (the MAN) Humphries... that can be taken to the bank.

The guy is a bona-fide GREAT coach, one of, if not THE best ever. It's not schemes and innovation that wins for Gibbs, it's his ability to lead men into battle, to command respect, and to instill pride and a sense of team among his players. Its his ability to get the most out of each and every player, and to place them in the situations they need to be successful. I have no doubt he has complete confidence in Campbell's future, and based on his track record, that is enough for me.

~Bang

Uhhh huh huh huh he said bona huh huh huh

BTW well put would have posted pretty much the same thing.. Thanks for saving me the time =)

Brunell is the QB for this year or possibly next. Campbell was drafted in the first round to be the future. How can you bring in Rivers without seeing if Campbell can get the job done?

Lavar is a good player but has has always been wrongly marketed as a great playmaker. Some of his routine plays are blown up to be great plays. His playmaking hype from college has carried over to the pros and his play has not matched the hype. I don't think that the redskins will miss him on the field as much as the fans will miss him. He is equivalent of a basketball player who can make a great highlight dunk but not enough game winning layups.

Trying to take the edge off of waiting for Sunday 4pm, so lets play what if....

-We send Lavar to SD for Rivers, and see if we can get a 2nd or 3rd for Ramsey? Let Brunnel run the O until he is done, and then Rivers and Campbell can fight it out to lead the team.

-Use the pick from Ramsey to shore up the DLine or get a WR that will draw some coverage.

-For the record I would rather see both of them stay on the team for years to come, but have to be realistic both want a new home next year.

Go Skins,

we dont need a 4th QB... JC is in the making, Brunell is the leader, and Ramsey is a great back-up at the moment.

I think having Ramsey and JC sitting and watching how Brunell is running Joe's offense is a great learning experience for them. Mark is doing a great job and deserves more recognition than what everyone throws at him.

If anything, I would trade him for a good Second Receiver (thats been proven) and a draft pick

Guest GibbSkins11

-We send Lavar to SD for Rivers, and see if we can get a 2nd or 3rd for Ramsey? Let Brunnel run the O until he is done, and then Rivers and Campbell can fight it out to lead the team.

-Use the pick from Ramsey to shore up the DLine or get a WR that will draw some coverage.

-For the record I would rather see both of them stay on the team for years to come, but have to be realistic both want a new home next year.

Go Skins,

im only concerned with sundays game but i have too ask..........

u do know gibbs hand picked a great qb in campbell , why would u trade a great player for rivers , unless u liked sonny vs billy :laugh:

Go Skins,

It's smart to have 60 percent of the salary cap tied up in the QB position.

Archived