Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We can realistically still win the EAST

wshngtn1

Folks,

This thing isn't over. Now, of course I'm being pretty optimistic and I'm trying to ignore the fact that we don't play in the 4th quarter, but.....we can still take the East. I'm not counting on a wildcard - this post is about taking the East.

Look over my predictions below and contructively critize them. Obviously the biggest thing is that we need to win out - except for our last game at Philly. And I'm banking on KC winning againt NYG and Dallas on the road.

So tell me what is unrealistic below (besides some of you saying the Skins can't win the next 4).

Next Week

We beat STL

Dallas beats NYG

Dallas 8-4

NYG 7-5

Skins 6-6

Week 14

We beat Arizona

Giants beats Philly

KC beats Dallas

Dallas 8-5

NYG 8-5

Skins 7-6

Week 15

We beat Dallas

KC beats NYG

Skins 8-6

Dallas 8-6

Giants 8-6

If all this actually does happen, our Week 16 game against NYG is the maker/breaker. If we lose to NYG, we cannot win the division.

Week 16

We beat NYG

Carolina beats Dallas

Skins 9-6

NYG 8-7

Dallas 8-7

At this point - week 17 is null because we will win any tie breaker. Our division record will be better than NYG and we beat Dallas Head-to-Head.

-------------------------------------------------

Folks,

This thing isn't over. Now, of course I'm being pretty optimistic and I'm trying to ignore the fact that we don't play in the 4th quarter, but.....we can still take the East. I'm not counting on a wildcard - this post is about taking the East.

Look over my predictions below and contructively critize them. Obviously the biggest thing is that we need to win out - except for our last game at Philly. And I'm banking on KC winning againt NYG and Dallas on the road.

So tell me what is unrealistic below (besides some of you saying the Skins can't win the next 4).

Next Week

We beat STL

Dallas beats NYG

Dallas 8-4

NYG 7-5

Skins 6-6

Week 14

We beat Arizona

Giants beats Philly

KC beats Dallas

Dallas 8-5

NYG 8-5

Skins 7-6

Week 15

We beat Dallas

KC beats NYG

Skins 8-6

Dallas 8-6

Giants 8-6

If all this actually does happen, our Week 16 game against NYG is the maker/breaker. If we lose to NYG, we cannot win the division.

Week 16

We beat NYG

Carolina beats Dallas

Skins 9-6

NYG 8-7

Dallas 8-7

At this point - week 17 is null because we will win any tie breaker. Our division record will be better than NYG and we beat Dallas Head-to-Head.

Youre kidding right, first we have to get past the ST Louis Rams in St. Louis. For some strange reason when the skins play the cardinals . they have problems

Do you all seriously think we can't beat the Rams and Cards on the road and bring that momentum home to beat Dallas???

We aren't as pathetic as this board sounds. Sure, we've been giving them away, but we shouldn't give up hope until we are mathematically out.

Look at the schedules - its leaning pretty nicely in our favor.

To answer your question, realistically we can't win the East.

There's always one.

I'd like to see just one thread like this that isn't ruined by people like sith.

Anyway, I with you wshngtn1!

:cheers:

Gibbs has what? 15 times where he's won 4 in a row? No sweat for him.

Being a dallas fan i will say that you guys have the most favorable schedule of any team in the east. Its not completely out of the question for the redskins to take the East.....But i wouldnt bank on it. It would take a complete collapse from the Giants and Cowboys for it to happen. Its nice to see the NFC East competitive again, im really looking forward to the Redskin game, it will be a WAR and a GREAT matchup.

Guest sith lord
There's always one.

I'd like to see just one thread like this that isn't ruined by people like sith.

Anyway, I with you wshngtn1!

:cheers:

Gibbs has what? 15 times where he's won 4 in a row? No sweat for him.

You mean there's always one who hasn't burried his head in the sand.

Folks,

Next Week

We beat STL

Dallas beats NYG

Dallas 8-4

NYG 7-5

Skins 6-6

Week 14

We beat Arizona

Giants beats Philly

KC beats Dallas

Dallas 8-5

NYG 8-5

Skins 7-6

Week 15

We beat Dallas

KC beats NYG

Skins 8-6

Dallas 8-6

Giants 8-6

Week 16

We beat NYG

Carolina beats Dallas

Skins 9-6

NYG 8-7

Dallas 8-7

THIS POST is what I'm basing all football happiness on...I have seen the same scenario. The only difference is that I think the Giants will beat dallas sunday. BUT, and this is a big BUT...after beating Dallas I COULD see the Eagles upsetting the Giants. But even if it doesn't happen, things could turn out good.

It would be better for us if the Giants beat Dallas. If Dallas beats New York, they will have 2 divisional road victories and if by chance they beat us, they would have 3. There is a slim chance that even if we lose to Dallas, we could still take the division, but NOT if Dallas wins in New York.

But the original post is very promising! I'll enjoy watching the Giants/Cowboys beat the crud out of each other and getting psyched up for the Redskins/Rams game.

Remember guys, in 1989 we were 5-6 and ran the table. We can do this!

The game in St. Louis should be winable since Bulger is hurt and they are on their 3rd string QB. Plus they just had that big OT win last week against the Texans. If it takes OT to beat the Texans then your team stinks.

The game against the Cardinals bothers me. When they were in the NFC East we usually beat them but even their crappiest teams gave us problems for some reason. So okay even though we're not that good on the road I'll give us those 2 (hopefully) and that puts us at 7-6.

Next game we do have Dallas at home but that puts us back in the position of wining to get in first place - something we have already blow doing twice this season. Also, this season aside, the Cowboys have owned us and Parcells has owned Gibbs. So that's were this fantasy ends for me. But I'm still dreaming so I'll say we have a decent chance of beating them at home.

So if we somehow win 3 in a row including sweeping the Cowboys (am I still dreaming at this point?) then it's the Giants at home. Once again we'd have to step up and win a meaningful game. And play all 4 quarters since the Giants seem to be in every game and have shown with Eli they can come back and win. But the Giants and especially Eli do not play well on the road. You know the Skins wants this one bad though after getting embarrased up there. And really that's the only game all season we got totally outplayed. So maybe just maybe we'll step it up and win.

Oh wait somebody just woke me up. I'd like to see all this happen but at this point I'd have to say just keep dreaming if you think it will play out like this.

Archived