Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kerrigan playing some ILB?

BobGriffin

Ala Mike Vrabel and Adelius Thomas. This more of a forward thinking thread not so much for today. We are sorely lacking in the pass-rush department. The best teams seem to have 3 guys that can get after it no matter what the position is (HOU Watt Barwin Brooks SF Smith Smith Brooks NY Osi Tuck JPP). Now i was thinking, I believe Kerrigan has the smarts and work-ethic to transition to ILB he also has an elite physical profile for that spot too. It would part time just to create different looks. We would sign/draft the third rush backer. It would be similar to what the Steelers do with Timmons. I believe its's harder to find an ILB/3-4 DE that can rush than to find a pass rushing OLB so by having Kerrigan play that role and also bringing in a third rusher would be killing two birds with one stone. Thoughts ? Good idea? bad idea? Variations of this idea? Deviations ?

I think Kerrigan has the coverage instincts to at least be respectable at ILB, but I don't know about a permanent move. I'd definitely consider it though, particularly because in my opinoin you can never have enough pass rushers on the field. So if we were in a position where we found a stud at LOLB and we wanted him on the field more, I'd definitely consider putting Kerrigan at ILB for some snaps (maybe in Fletcher's spot) and blitzing him more from there.

I would like him to be moved around some. As I said before in another thread, teams know where he is going to be on third and long every time. Not very creative.

Not very creative perhaps, but you still have to take care of him if he's coming at you.

You don't want Kerr to go to your QB untouched, he already intercepted 2 passes from TD while rushing the QB.

Sometimes, you don't really have to be creative.

he also has an elite physical profile for that spot too.

He is getting better in coverage... but he does not have the body type to cover in the middle of the field. He would be a liability unless he was spying a screen pass or rushing up the middle.

Not very creative perhaps, but you still have to take care of him if he's coming at you.

You don't want Kerr to go to your QB untouched, he already intercepted 2 passes from TD while rushing the QB.

Sometimes, you don't really have to be creative.

When you have one serious pass rushing thread you do, when Rak is back or Rob Jackson steps up NO, but just him? move him around.

Archived