Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Week 6 Gameday Thread

Son of Gadsden

Ugh, hate hearing the stat lines about suisham. How can Shanny not see success like that and wonder about Danny smith?

Suisham is just another in a long line of players who stunk here and went on to success elsewhere. Its not just a special teams thing, it is a jinx.

Two such players are playing in this game: In addition to Suisham is Ryan Clark, a guy whose help we could have used the past couple years, and could really use this year.

Suisham is just another in a long line of players who stunk here and went on to success elsewhere. Its not just a special teams thing, it is a jinx.

Two such players are playing in this game: In addition to Suisham is Ryan Clark, a guy whose help we could have used the past couple years, and could really use this year.

Honestly, there are really very few players that have left us and had success elsewhere:

Suisham

Rogers

Clark

The jury is still out on Landry.

I'm sure there are others, but I can't think of any.

Meanwhile:

Haynesworth

McNabb

Tryon

Devin Thomas (and don't even use the "He has a ring" argument - he got lucky the Giants signed him.

Have all failed out of the NFL or only play a miniscule amount (only counting the players who signed elsewhere and played a good amount).

Honestly, there are really very few players that have left us and had success elsewhere:

Obviously we have cut a lot of guys that did not pan out elsewhere, I would not deny that. My point was that we have cut a lot of guys over the years who went on to do great things elsewhere.

Off the top of my head: Desmond Howard, Rich Gannon, Trent Green, Brad Johnson, Stephen Davis, David Akers, Antonio Pierce, Ryan Clark, Shaun Suisham, Carlos Rogers, and Brandon Lloyd.

Well fine then, just completely prove me wrong. What did I ever do to you? :pfft:

Cheers mate and HTTR!

This just happens to be something I have thought a lot about. Also of interest regarding this jinx is that it goes the other way too. Many guys who were productive elsewhere came here and flopped.

Again, off the top of my head: Bruce Smith, Jeff George, Adam Archuletta, Brandon Lloyd (on both lists), Donovan McNabb, Billy Cundiff, Jamaal Brown, Deion Sanders (also on both lists), Albert Haynesworth, Dana Stubblefield, Dan Wilkenson, and so on. You get the picture.

So anyway I think we're jinxed, but maybe stuff like this happens to every team, and I just notice it more when it happens to us.

Cheers mate and HTTR!

This just happens to be something I have thought a lot about. Also of interest regarding this jinx is that it goes the other way too. Many guys who were productive elsewhere came here and flopped.

Again, off the top of my head: Bruce Smith, Jeff George, Adam Archuletta, Brandon Lloyd (on both lists), Donovan McNabb, Billy Cundiff, Jamaal Brown, Deion Sanders (also on both lists), Albert Haynesworth, Dana Stubblefield, Dan Wilkenson, and so on. You get the picture.

So anyway I think we're jinxed, but maybe stuff like this happens to every team, and I just notice it more when it happens to us.

Very true. Although I wouldn't exactly include everyone on your list - Bruce Smith wasn't dominant, but he didn't flop here, and Deion's only stop after Washington was Baltimore, and he did less there than he did here, so I would only put him on the "came here and sucked" list. It's really just semantics though.

Oh, and off topic, but my respect for Drew Brees went down a little after seeing him on stage with One Direction (even if it was just a commercial)

---------- Post added October-11th-2012 at 10:53 PM ----------

Roethlisberger is gonna be saved by the dumbass tuck rule.

And the Steelers lose another lineman. They started with 7, and lost three so far.

Archived