Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taking your cell number to a new carrier?

Heisenberg

It's real easy. You just go to whatever carrier you want and tell them you want to keep your number. They set it up when they program your phone and there's no extra charge.

It takes a few hours for the number to transfer to you and during that time you have to turn off your old phone. By the time your new phone is charged you'll be able to use it.

What if that number is currently under contract with Verizon or something, would I have to cancel that first or does that not matter? I am trying to break away from my parents family plan to a plan of my own, maybe with another carrier and I am wondering how this all works.

What if that number is currently under contract with Verizon or something, would I have to cancel that first or does that not matter? I am trying to break away from my parents family plan to a plan of my own, maybe with another carrier and I am wondering how this all works.

You will probably have to break the contract first, yeah. As an aside, you should convince your folks to keep paying your bill for a while if they're willing. You'll be glad you did.

You will probably have to break the contract first, yeah. As an aside, you should convince your folks to keep paying your bill for a while if they're willing. You'll be glad you did.

Haha, I have been paying my bill for sometime now I just have been paying my parents instead of paying Verizon directly.

i switched from sprint to verizon, and verizon took care of canceling my sprint account. i found out when my contract was over, and called verizon that day. it was a very easy process. good luck!

Haha, I have been paying my bill for sometime now I just have been paying my parents instead of paying Verizon directly.

Well, you'll have to fork over some cash to break the contract. It's normally like $200.

i switched from sprint to verizon, and verizon took care of canceling my sprint account. i found out when my contract was over, and called verizon that day. it was a very easy process. good luck!

That's true, sometimes the new carrier will buy out the old contract which is a great deal.

Archived