Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Owens keeping mum about next year

tr1

COWBOYS NOTES

By RICK HERRIN

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/nfl/dallas_cowboys/16381378.htm

IRVING - Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens hears the rumors about whether he will return next season.

Owens has said during the year he wants to return to the Cowboys, but he wanted to avoid talking about his future Wednesday.

While Owens has produced one of the best receiving seasons in Cowboys history, plenty of on- and off-the-field controversy has come with him. He led the NFL with 13 touchdown receptions, but he also led in dropped passes with 17. Many of his drops were in game-changing situations.

"I'm very confident, don't read into this, if I'm not here I will be somewhere else," Owens said. "I honestly haven't gotten into it that I'm not going to be here next year. I've heard it, but I'm not really worried about it."

Owens signed a three-year, $25 million contract with the Cowboys and is set to earn $8 million next season with a $3 million roster bonus due in March.

In the playoffs, Owens will try to become the difference-maker that he was signed to be. He will try to take advantage of an injury-riddled Seattle secondary on Saturday. Owens has a history of big playoff performances.

In Super Bowl XXXIX, Owens had nine catches for 122 yards in Philadelphia's loss to New England after returning from ankle surgery.

He has two 100-yard games in his past three playoff games and had 48 catches in 10 postseason games with the 49ers and Eagles.

"I'm capable of playing at a high level," Owens said. "I can still play this game."

Romo sits to pee wears gloves

Quarterback Tony Romo sits to pee said he will wear gloves if it is raining during Saturday's game.

Romo sits to pee practiced throwing a wet ball with gloves this week. The team also practiced outside Wednesday in the 44-degree temperature trying to acclimate to Seattle weather. The forecast for Saturday is a high of 44 degrees with an 80 percent chance of rain.

Bledsoe undecided

Drew Bledsoe said he is undecided on whether he will retire after the season.

Bledsoe returns to his native Washington as a frustrated backup after losing his starting job to Tony Romo sits to pee in the seventh game of the year.

"It's hard going back home and not playing," Bledsoe said. "I will have a ton of people at the game."

Briefly

Seattle has signed ex-Cowboys cornerback Pete Hunter. A fifth-round pick in 2002, he played for the Cowboys from 2002-04. He was working in the Dallas area as a loan officer when Seattle called.

Cornerback and special teams player Jacques Reeves (dislocated left elbow) said he will be ready to play Saturday. He has been inactive the past two games.

Archived