Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sonny, Sam and Frank

cykonas

I'm out here in the hinterlands, but I can get most of the games via direcTicket. What I really miss is the audio feed from a radio station that carries Sonny, Sam and Frank.

Does anyone know of a stream? I swear I would rearrange my house just to be able to see a TV and hear them on the computer.

Hail to the Redskins.

Cykonas

I can't answer, but you do know that Frank is no more.....he was replaced last year by Larry Michael.

...and he (Larry) sucks!

I don't think nfl.com offers a stream but I know for a fact that you can get Sonny, Sam and It-Should-Be-Frank on Sirius...and from what I understand (although I have never witnessed it) it syncs up with DirecTV closely.

...and he (Larry) sucks!

I don't think nfl.com offers a stream but I know for a fact that you can get Sonny, Sam and It-Should-Be-Frank on Sirius...and from what I understand (although I have never witnessed it) it syncs up with DirecTV closely.

lol i never liked frank but i think larry is fine. actually i only prefer to hear sonny and a lil sam.

You guys must not have been listening if you think Frank is superior to Larry... Larry does his homework and learns the NAMES and NUMBERS of players of both teams. He sets up Sam and Sonny so that we can hear THEM talk, not him.

Frank didn't do any of that anymore. You could hear him getting worse and worse over the past couple years. Larry may still be a green, but he is a local DC guy and knows how important Sam and Sonny are to us fans. I'll be the first to admit that i miss hearing that familiar 'Touchdown, Washington Redskins!' from Frank... but Id much rather have a play-by-play guy who knows who the players are and give up what little Frank had left...

Just my $0.02.

I don't know how to rate Sonny, Sam and Frank as far as their broadcasting ability, but I would say that listening to them gave me this comfortable, familiar feeling. If for whatever reason I had to miss the game on TV, I knew that I could count on them to be there making mistakes and rooting for the home team.

There was a connection, through Frank, that with each score he would utter those words reminiscent of the glory days, bringing hope of glory's return.

And still, after Frank, we hope........

You guys must not have been listening if you think Frank is superior to Larry... Larry does his homework and learns the NAMES and NUMBERS of players of both teams. He sets up Sam and Sonny so that we can hear THEM talk, not him.

Frank didn't do any of that anymore. You could hear him getting worse and worse over the past couple years. Larry may still be a green, but he is a local DC guy and knows how important Sam and Sonny are to us fans. I'll be the first to admit that i miss hearing that familiar 'Touchdown, Washington Redskins!' from Frank... but Id much rather have a play-by-play guy who knows who the players are and give up what little Frank had left...

Just my $0.02.

Blade, It's OK.. We know that you can't tell us what you Really think.. You know for fear of losing our new deal.. We undertsand... ;)

j/k

I listen to the gang on Sirius Satellite Radio. They are "homers" for sure. Sometimes I turn to the opposing teams station just to get a fresh perspective on the game. Don't get me wrong, I like the show, but when we are losing they don't help the situation, but when we are winning they make you feel like we are blowing the other team out of the water. I guess that's how a home team broadcast should be.

I don't know how to rate Sonny, Sam and Frank as far as their broadcasting ability, but I would say that listening to them gave me this comfortable, familiar feeling. If for whatever reason I had to miss the game on TV, I knew that I could count on them to be there making mistakes and rooting for the home team.

There was a connection, through Frank, that with each score he would utter those words reminiscent of the glory days, bringing hope of glory's return.

And still, after Frank, we hope........

Couldn't have said it better, I too miss Frank :logo:

Just my $0.02.

Wow. That was from left field. You should vent once in a while so it doesn't build up! ;)

My favorite Sonny quote: "Dana Stubblefield is terrible...just terrible"

As for Frank, after Larry replaced him on Redskins Radio I wrote a general email to WUSA (DC's CBS affliate where he also works as sportscaster) expressing my support of him and giving thanks for his twenty-plus years as the voice of our 3-time World Champion Washington Redskins. All I asked was for whomever was reading the message, to TELL Frank that we love him and thanks if they see him in the halls of Channel 9. Frank replyed directly to me the following day and thanked me for my kind words and said that the fans are what made the redskins what they are today. He didn't stoop as low as I did in my email by calling the whole ordeal BS...he just sent me a classy thank you.

Anybody is better than Mike Patrick who called Carlos Rogers "Charles Rogers" and David Patten "David Givens" as well as a couple of others that I can't remember... Theisman once again called McCants "Darnarious" :doh:

Damn straight. Those three are horrific. Every player on the field is a hall of famer in their eyes. They just slober all over themselves the whole broadcast. That being said Sonny, Sam and Frank are redskins radio to me. Larry Michaels is serviceable but he is no Frank Herzog. WJFK lost my ear when they hired Charles Mann to do the post game. He is soooooooooo bad. Slightly better is Joe Jacoby over on 980. Andy Pollin on the other hand, I would love to hang him by his toes over the American Legion bridge until he promises to quit radio.

I'm out here in the hinterlands, but I can get most of the games via direcTicket. What I really miss is the audio feed from a radio station that carries Sonny, Sam and Frank.

Does anyone know of a stream? I swear I would rearrange my house just to be able to see a TV and hear them on the computer.

Hail to the Redskins.

Cykonas

NFL Field Pass, Or even better got get a Sirius Radio...

Was Frank losing his fastball? Yeah, you could make that argument. But in replacing him, the situation could have been handled in a much more professional manner.

And in hiring a replacement, they should have hired an established professional, not a radio executive who was learning on the job. Larry Michael is a sub-par talent and Skins fans and the DC market deserve better.

Was Frank losing his fastball? Yeah, you could make that argument. But in replacing him, the situation could have been handled in a much more professional manner.

And in hiring a replacement, they should have hired an established professional, not a radio executive who was learning on the job. Larry Michael is a sub-par talent and Skins fans and the DC market deserve better.

Don't talk bad about Andyman.

Archived