Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Draft Scenarios

Alright with smoot signing with the vikings i think we have 2 options in the draft. first option is taking a corner, most likely antrelle rolle with the #9 pick. he is a very good physical corner who could be an immediate playmaker to replace smoot. Option #2 could be to trade down further into the draft and select one of the 3 Wrs troy williamson mark clayton or roddy white and with the 2nd rounder we would pick up from the trade go cornerback there. That way we could fill a couple holes that we now have. With the 3rd rounder i would say DE probably. Thoughts???

:vikesuck:

I still say that we will take the best player available unless it is a player we don't need like QB or RB. That could be WR or CB or Dline. We could trade down to get that player. Losing Smoot doesn't automatically mean we draft CB with the first pick, imho.

I am thinking if we are going to be a run first offense, it is crucial to get a possestion receiver. I think that Miller may be that guy. Cooley is the man but he cannot drag 3 guys 5 yards like i think Miller can.

Anothor aspect of the run first offense is a defense that can get you good field position. I think that drafting a cornerback maybe a good idea, but i do not think that we should take one with the 9 pick. Trade down, pick up Miller, take a CB with the 2nd round pick we are going to get for Gardner.

my 2 cents

I think we will go CB because Springs is getting older and Harris might be more productive as the Nickel. Harris and draft pick (Rolle) would most likely compete for Smoots position in my opinion and the loser would be the Nickel.

well say we did not draft a corner and we let harris start who is already shaky as it is. springs has been known for injuries so if he went down we would be screwed. wilds and harris starting would just be asking for the opposing team to throw all over us. not only do we need depth but i think we need a starting calibur corner and im not sure if harris or wilds are ready for that

I am praying the Titans take Pac Man Jones over Rolle. They will regret it, so will any other team that takes Jones over Rolle.

Rolle will be a probowl corner. As a soph, he shut down Boldin, as a junior, he shut down Fitzgerald, as a senior after his dominate FSU game, no one came his way.

CB(Rolle) or trade down to get a DE or WR. Those three positions should be our first three picks.

Originally posted by REDSKINS STOMP

I am praying the Titans take Pac Man Jones over Rolle. They will regret it, so will any other team that takes Jones over Rolle.

Rolle will be a probowl corner. As a soph, he shut down Boldin, as a junior, he shut down Fitzgerald, as a senior after his dominate FSU game, no one came his way.

CB(Rolle) or trade down to get a DE or WR. Those three positions should be our first three picks.

Rolle also got beat by a freshmen for a TD in the most important game of the season for Miami.

But lets not forget that simple fact ;)

Originally posted by REDSKINS STOMP

What the hell are you talking about?

Adam Jones

Profile Pic Profile Sports

Class: Jr.

Hometown: College Park, Ga.

Height: 5-11

Weight: 185

Team: Football

Position: DB

Number: 9

Full Roster

Biography

Athletic playmaker at boundary corner who does everything well and at supersonic speed ... had a great spring making big plays ... experience has improved his overall understanding of the game ... 2004 "All-Spring Team" by The Sporting News ... will be a leader on the defense ... became a starter at corner last season for the Miami game after Brian King slid over to free safety ... also a dangerous deep man on kick and punt returns ... blessed with athletic talent, agility and speed ... ranked 16th in NCAA kick returns (26.27) ... second team all-BIG EAST and all-ECAC ... 89 tackles, four interceptions, 14 PBU for the season ... six tackles on defense against Wisconsin ... gained a home team Mountaineer Field record 146 yards on five kick returns vs. the Badgers, including an 81-yarder from the end zone ... nine tackles and a pass breakup in the win at East Carolina ... 74 yards on returns vs. Cincinnati ... eight tackles and three pass breakups at Maryland, where he gained 80 yards on kick returns ... credited with 12 tackles at Miami, including three behind the line of scrimmage ... had a turnover "triple play" by forcing a fumble, recovering another and pulling down an acrobatic interception to prevent a Miami score when he took a pass away from Kellen Winslow in the corner of the Mountaineer end zone just before halftime ... six tackles in the win over Rutgers ... 14-yard interception and seven tackles in the Virginia Tech victory ... eight tackles and 77 return yards vs. UCF ... scored on a 49-yard interception return and an 87-yard kick return at Boston College ... seven tackles, two PBU and 84 return yards in the Pitt win ... team-best 12 tackles and 137 yards on returns in the win at Syracuse ... scored on a 47-yard fumble return vs. Temple, and also had a 28-yard interception against the Owls ... five tackles in Gator Bowl ... BIG EAST player of the week: Miami, Temple (defense), Boston College (special teams) ... Defensive Champion: Miami ... Special Teams Champion: Wisconsin, East Carolina, Boston College ... Hammer Award: Syracuse ... earned a backup spot at corner as a true freshman in 2002, making 36 tackles ... six tackles in the win at Cincinnati ... started the East Carolina game at spur safety, recording two tackles and a pass breakup ... five tackles in win at Rutgers ... recorded six tackles against Miami and forced a Hurricane fumble ... 14-yard interception and eight tackles in win at Temple ... pair of special teams tackles at Virginia Tech ... Special Teams Champion: Miami ... totaled 120 tackles, six interceptions and 1,850 yards rushing as a senior at Atlanta’s Westlake High ... conference player of the year for Coach Dallas Allen and the 9-3 Lions ... Atlanta Journal-Constitution Class 4A all-state ... Georgia-Florida all-star game ... a high school All-America pick in basketball as well ... born September 30, 1983 ... son of Deborah Jones ... goes by the nickname "Pac-Man" ... majoring in athletic coaching education ... Athletic Director’s Academic Honor Roll

NFL Scouting Combine 40-Time

Adam Jones 4.35

Antrel Rolle 4.49

Not saying Antrel would not be an awesome pickup, he would, but how can you state anyone taking Pac Man will be a mistake? You obviously no zero about the guy. Just another guy on the Hurricane bandwagon.

Archived