Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Video: Kerrigan Mic'd Up

Destructis

The one sound FX we get in the history of forever and it's boring, no offense to Kerrigan but he's not animated enough on the field to be entertaining like that. Most of our players seem to be kinda laid back and not very animated save for maybe LaRon.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d8257ebe4/Sound-FX-Ryan-Kerrigan

I saw it posted on Twitter from Hogs Haven and the links led me to this. I really think he has the potential to be one of the greats by the time he is done. I hope he keeps putting the work in and lives up to that.

Good find. I agree with you regarding his potential too. You can get a sense of this guy's maturity as a rookie and he never seems to get overly confident. I like how it seems as if he's been playing on Sundays for a few years already. I love the part in the video where the coach is telling him "Hey Peterson was scared of you that's why he jumped off sides," and Kerrigan responds with a simple "I know." :ols: That made me chuckle.

The one sound FX we get in the history of forever and it's boring, no offense to Kerrigan but he's not animated enough on the field to be entertaining like that. Most of our players seem to be kinda laid back and not very animated save for maybe LaRon.

What are you talking about? That was way better than the Jim Zorn/Jason Campbell one.... lol. That was an epic failure and showed you that Zorn literally had to tell Jason what to say in the huddle (in terms of pumping up the team) through the headset.

I have to wonder if that particular game itself, given the circumstances, had anything to do with his demeanor on/off the field. How cool would it have been if he was mic'd up for that first game against the Giants where he scored a TD. I bet that end zone celebration would have been pretty fun to listen in on.

I have to wonder if that particular game itself, given the circumstances, had anything to do with his demeanor on/off the field. How cool would it have been if he was mic'd up for that first game against the Giants where he scored a TD. I bet that end zone celebration would have been pretty fun to listen in on.

I agree, clearly he wasnt going to be as pumped for this meaningless vikings game that they ended up losing. Awesome sig btw!

how refreshing to see a guy on the field who isn't screaming like a moron... 99% of guys mic'ed up try and pretend they are lawrence taylor reborn and just come across as vapid meatheads... makes me respect kerrigan even more that he stays within himself and is a solid guy... great pick up for the team drafting him...

What are you talking about? That was way better than the Jim Zorn/Jason Campbell one.... lol. That was an epic failure and showed you that Zorn literally had to tell Jason what to say in the huddle (in terms of pumping up the team) through the headset.

tell them lets go.. "lets go" lets get this first down guys.. "lets get this first down guys" omg that was so pathetic. campbell has no motivation, drive, presence in games. i liked when todd collins stepped in the one year, and one of the players mentioned he said "lets run it down their throats" in the huddle. it was such a change from campbells attitude that i think the team played better.

Thanks for posting. The clip got me really psyched.

I liked how at the end of the game Kerrigan put his helmet on before going off the field. Either he had a coach at some point who told him to do it and he's still in the habit, or Shanny has the guys doing that. Probably the former, but I love how old school and unassuming it is. Does he do that regularly?

Anyone else really like Lou Spanos? I honestly wonder if we wouldn't be a better defense if HE was the coordinator.

I've said this before too. Something tells me he is first in line when Haz leaves. The guys love him from what I hear.

HAIL!

tell them lets go.. "lets go" lets get this first down guys.. "lets get this first down guys" omg that was so pathetic. campbell has no motivation, drive, presence in games. i liked when todd collins stepped in the one year, and one of the players mentioned he said "lets run it down their throats" in the huddle. it was such a change from campbells attitude that i think the team played better.

It's got to come naturally though. I remember in high school, I was playing fullback and we were on the goal line. They called my number and our RT looked at me and said..."Run it right up my ass". I knew I had a touchdown bagged before I even got the ball. I think some are natural leaders and some can learn it. I feel that Kerrigan can be one of those naturals as he matures.

It's got to come naturally though. I remember in high school, I was playing fullback and we were on the goal line. They called my number and our RT looked at me and said..."Run it right up my ass". I knew I had a touchdown bagged before I even got the ball. I think some are natural leaders and some can learn it. I feel that Kerrigan can be one of those naturals as he matures.

did you get the touchdown? :D

Archived