Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Big reason we beat Eagles 1st time was ability to bully their small WRs.....

NoCalMike

Usually our Defense employs the "give lots of space, let them catch the ball but then tackle immediately" philosophy.

Against the Eagles, we took advantage of their #1 & #2 WRs being relatively undersized, so we brought our CBs up to the line, and jammed them at the LOS, causing disruption in the timing.

Sure, Vick went out with an injury, but don't forget, it was 17-0 when he was still in the game. His dash to the 1 yd line was called back for holding anyway, so at worst, it was 17-3 when Vick officially left the game.

Vick will present the usual problems he does for any defense, but I think if our corners can duplicate the success they had, bullying the Eagles WRs, then I think we could win the matchup of our D vs. their O.

Will we score more than 10 points though? That's the question.

We'll need to be able to run the football. We'll need a big game out of our defensive line against Vick. Albert, Orakpo and Carter will need to catch Vick when they pressure him. Can't allow big plays to Jackson, Maclin and Vick.

Skins will be rested and ready. The Eagles will be prepared and are coming off a big win. If we can run the ball like we did in game 1 against them I like our chances.

Running the ball is definitely going to define this game, we need to keep that offense off the field. On D, Big Al needs to have his best game yet and collapse the pocket up the middle, taking away vicks passing lanes and allowing Rak n the One Man Gang to clean up on the edges.. not having banks may kill us, hopefully we see some santana at one point or another.

Running the ball is definitely going to define this game, we need to keep that offense off the field. On D, Big Al needs to have his best game yet and collapse the pocket up the middle, taking away vicks passing lanes and allowing Rak n the One Man Gang to clean up on the edges.. not having banks may kill us, hopefully we see some santana at one point or another.

We're already limited at WR position this year, I do not feel comfortable at all putting Santana back at punt returner. We can't risk him getting hurt! What about that Chad Simpson guy?

not having Brandon Banks will be a big void for us, his ability to have drives start near the 50 as opposed to inside or our 20 can be a decision maker with an offense like ours that is struggling to score points. Alos, I would think that the refs are going to be watching Laron very closely with his reputation as a big hitter. D Hall and Carlos will need to step up on D and our offense needs to have a much better game (starting with the line) for us to have any chance at this game. Vick is playing like the Vick of old and we will need to contain him, which is no easy task.

Archived