Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: First Draft Podcast (Kiper vs Mcshay, Bradford vs Clausen, possible Skins' picks )

GenMgr

Clausen, unlike Bradford, will likely go outside of the Top 5.

If we really wanted him, we would be wise to trade down just a couple of spots, even if it nets us very little. An extra late round draft pick could be instrumental in drafting OL depth.

As it is, the draft always has quality players that drop unexpectedly into the very late rounds.

One name Kiper says McShay should think about and we will hear about is Dan LeFevour is will be gaining momentum, on some teams boards will be 3rd Highest and in the Second Round. (McShay Agrees, but he doesn't think he's a second rounder...) He finesses throws (not power throws), accuracy isn't quite as good as Chad Pennington, Arm strength is better, a better athlete, (Pennington was mid 1st Round pick). LeFevour solidly in the second round maybe as early as early second round, ahead of tebow, mccoy, brown, Pike etc. He will be the third QB off the board. (Firmly entrencthed)

Then McShay is like mad at Kiper for some reason on this one, that he WANTS to argue about it, yet keeps agreeing with some of what Kiper is saying. He says absolutely amazing, he's a winner, a gammer, he's tough, competetive, good athlete, adequate arm strength. SO much development work though, footwork balance, pocket? Good grief, I don't think McShay actually watched much on him. Says QBs may be over drafted. Yes he ran from a spread, but I saw good technique in the games I saw.

My prediction is that the Skins draft OT with the fourth pick in the draft and trade 2011 first round pick to the Patriots for one of their first round picks and select Bradford or whichever qb they have on their radar.

I'm going to go with trading back. Shanny and Allen both know what they're doing and it is very likely that a player another team really covets will fall to us. Unless they are convinced that Bradford or Clausen are the future of the franchise (I wouldn't be so sure that is the case, but who knows) or that the top rated OT is worth the #4 pick they will figure out a way to trade back a bit and probably go OL since it is a very deep class there.

I'm going to go with trading back. Shanny and Allen both know what they're doing and it is very likely that a player another team really covets will fall to us. Unless they are convinced that Bradford or Clausen are the future of the franchise (I wouldn't be so sure that is the case, but who knows) or that the top rated OT is worth the #4 pick they will figure out a way to trade back a bit and probably go OL since it is a very deep class there.

I certainly hope so.

Archived