Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ST memorial at FedEx to commemorate 1-year anniversary

Burgundy&Gold4Ever

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Fans_Can_Pay_Respects_to_Taylor_At_FedExField_Memorial_3552.jsp

Fans Can Pay Respects to Taylor At FedExField Memorial

On Thursday, Nov. 27, the one-year anniversary of Sean Taylor’s tragic death, fans are welcome to come to FedExField and pay their respects to Taylor at a special memorial outside the stadium’s Ticket Office.

Fans may drop off flowers, cards and signs at the memorial, located between Gate A and Gate H. (Note: there is no memorial available to fans at Redskins Park.)

Last year, the Redskins set up a memorial for Taylor at FedExField in the days following Tayor’s death. Fans dropped off dozens of flowers, cards, signs and mementos prior to the Redskins-Bills game on Dec. 2, 2007.

Taylor was murdered at the age of 24 on Nov. 27, 2007, in Miami as he confronted intruders in his house.

With his incredible combination of size, speed, athleticism, ferocity and instincts, Taylor was one of the most unique and dynamic athletes the game has ever seen, despite playing less than four seasons.

I think they're looking for people to create the memorial, like happened last year. If you haven't already headed out of town, kiingspadee, drop off whatever you'd like and help build what's sure to be a wonderful memorial for Sean. It'll be helpful to those who leave something there, and I'm sure it'll be meaningful to the family and players when they see it on Sunday (I'm assuming the Redskins will leave it up at least through Sunday, yes?).

Being thanksgiving, im sure not alot of people will goto FedEx today, tomorrow thru sunday will be a different story though i am sure.

Looks like its in the same place it was last year. If i get a chance i will run out tonight, but if not, i'll stop by sunday.

Here in NJ on this Thanksgiving night after a good day with friends and family. Still wanted to come on the board and share the tremendous feeling of loss of Sean with my Redskins family. They say this is a day for giving thanks and that's so apropos. But I'm here to also say thanks again to you, Sean for all you've done for us. We miss you and will always miss you!!

Rest easy brother..

Just got back from dropping off some flowers to remember Sean. The drawings and notes from the kids will break your hearts. He really seemed to connect to kids; maybe it's because he played with such joy and love for the game.

I know the weather tomorrow will be messy, but I'm sure the memorial will be well-visited. It's under a tarp, too.

My message to the family and the team is we remember and we miss him.

Archived