Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins radio AM950: Richmond listeners

Hokieskins1

Am I the only one whos radio is not picking AM950 up anymore? I get in the truck to go to lunch and listen to "Redskins lunch" and it is all static. Did they drop us here in Richmond? Thanks for any help here.

No you are not alone...but I think it may have to do with all the wind yesterday which caused a lot of outages and problems. AM910 was pretty bad too. I don't know but that's my guess.

Am I the only one whos radio is not picking AM950 up anymore? I get in the truck to go to lunch and listen to "Redskins lunch" and it is all static. Did they drop us here in Richmond? Thanks for any help here.

Because of the wind Sunday afternoon, a big tree fell on one of the power lines going to our station. We'll be off the air until around 10 PM tonight. Hopefully you'll be able to listen to the regular line-up starting tomorrow. I'm really sorry about the confusion. It has been a mess today. The roads are closed at our building and I have to work from home. Figures this would happen right when the Redskins hire a new coach. :doh:

Because of the wind Sunday afternoon, a big tree fell on one of the power lines going to our station. We'll be off the air until around 10 PM tonight. Hopefully you'll be able to listen to the regular line-up starting tomorrow. I'm really sorry about the confusion. It has been a mess today. The roads are closed at our building and I have to work from home. Figures this would happen right when the Redskins hire a new coach. :doh:
Thanks for the info. I was out of town last week so I didnt know if I had missed something. Glad that is all that is wrong.

This is BS, Why can we not get a good radio station in Richmond? They turn down the power on Riggo everyday between 5-5:15. They will not hesitate to turn it down during an afternoon game either. If it's a late game, forget about it! They cannot sync up the radio and TV broadcast. Bram Weinstein says it's impossible but 910 am, 106.5 fm, and 105.7 fm all seemed to be able to pull it off much better than 950am. This station sucks, I wish they would close it down and just let someone else carry the broadcasts. We wouldn't get the pre and post games anymore but who can hear them anyway? If anyone is listening, please give us a good station on which to listen to our Redskins Radio, FM if at all possible. Come on Danny, invest in Richmond, there are a lot of Redskin Fans here, we deserve quality as well.

Is it back up yet?

Yep, it sure is. I was told it had been back up since 4 PM (much quicker than expected), so The John Riggins show was able to be heard. I can't confirm that, but hopefully some of you were able to listen to the Cerrato interview, etc. I really apologize for the inconvenience. It was definitely frustrating for me to not hear the shows out of DC (and of course our local shows).

There are still a handful of problems with our equipment due to the power failure. Like I said earlier, many lines were down along the road because of the wind. Everyone will be working hard tomorrow to make sure the shows run smoothly.

I'll also be able to find out more details about what the crew will be doing to make sure this doesn't happen again. Stay tuned...

Yep, it sure is. I was told it had been back up since 4 PM (much quicker than expected), so The John Riggins show was able to be heard. I can't confirm that, but hopefully some of you were able to listen to the Cerrato interview, etc. I really apologize for the inconvenience. It was definitely frustrating for me to not hear the shows out of DC (and of course our local shows).

There are still a handful of problems with our equipment due to the power failure. Like I said earlier, many lines were down along the road because of the wind. Everyone will be working hard tomorrow to make sure the shows run smoothly.

I'll also be able to find out more details about what the crew will be doing to make sure this doesn't happen again. Stay tuned...

980 was fine...i had no problems today even from Frederick

980 was fine...i had no problems today even from Frederick

Right... but what people hear on 950 AM between 12-1 and 4-7 are out of Redskins Park or the DC studios. It comes into our station and we broadcast it out to Richmond. No power in our station = no broadcasts.

They will not hesitate to turn it down during an afternoon game either.

The station is powered down late at night because there is interference with another signal coming out a couple states away. It's definitely a problem, but will hopefully be resolved in the future. Redskins games are NOT powered down during the afternoon, though. I don't know where you got that information from.

They cannot sync up the radio and TV broadcast. Bram Weinstein says it's impossible but 910 am, 106.5 fm, and 105.7 fm all seemed to be able to pull it off much better than 950am.

If there is a way for us to sync up the games to a TV broadcast, then we would do it. With the multiple TV networks, digital feeds vs standard def feeds, etc., etc., I don't think it's possible. Although, this is my first year at the station, so I'm not sure if this has been a major issue pushed by the listeners, but I'll ask the guys in charge of that. You can always pick up a product like this: http://www.delayplayradio.com/index.htm

If anyone is listening, please give us a good station on which to listen to our Redskins Radio, FM if at all possible. Come on Danny, invest in Richmond, there are a lot of Redskin Fans here, we deserve quality as well.

FM would solve a lot of the current problems you're probably experiencing as far as the broadcast area. All I can say is it's being worked on. I wish I had more information if this expansion is going to happen sooner rather than later, but I don't. Keep in mind this station is still fairly young (Snyder purchased it in 2004), and we're under new management as of this summer.

I love my job and the happier the listeners are the better our station does. Add that to the fact that we're Redskins owned! Please don't hesitate to send me a PM if you have a suggestion or comment.

Archived