Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Congratulations Redskins fans....

HeHateMe

...you absolutely deserve a playoff spot and certainly earned it.

Well done closing the season. Very impressive. Four weeks ago, I, along with many others, wrote off the Skins. Not that they would go 5-11. More like 7-9 or 8-8 at best. Didn't think the playoffs were possible.

I'll keep it short, but well done. In light of all the obstacles your team has overcome.

As for my Cowboys, well, this little piece from DMN below, pretty much sums it up. Hoping they'll regroup and come out firing in 2 weeks. Hopefully exacting some revenge on you. :)

December 30, 2007

Who cares? Not the Cowboys

8:24 PM Sun, Dec 30, 2007 | Permalink

Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

The Cowboys pinpointed their problem during today's game. They really didn't give a hoot what happened as long as they didn't suffer any more injuries.

Of course, the Redskins played with the passion expected of a team fighting for a playoff berth. The result: The Redskins kicked the Cowboys' butt up and down the field.

"The word for us was uninspired," Wade Phillips said. "It shows you when one team is fired up and the other one isn't. Basically, I didn't get our team ready to play."

Added Tony Romo sits to pee: "You saw what happens out there when one team plays with that much emotion and the other one really doesn’t. Obviously, we didn't match their intensity level, and that's the story."

The motivation mismatch was most evident in the Cowboys' running game. Dallas gained a franchise-record-low 1 yard on 16 carries. That's 0.06 yards per carry.

"We didn't play with intensity, and they did," Pro Bowl RG Leonard "Bigg" Davis said. "And it showed."

Whew! A post without a "jinx" prediction from Mr. 51 percent! :silly:

Thanks for the props HHM.......lets hope these teams meet again in 2 weeks.

I predicted a Dallas win in the prediction thread because that's my heart speaking.

But deep down, I knew it would be damn near impossible to win. Way too much in favor of the home team.

Basically, everything I feared could happen, did.

I appreciate your post but we won that game. We went out and played hard and u tried to beat us. I watched it with a Dallas fan and he kept making excuses for his team. I think we earned a win and we belong in the playoffs...

Thanks Clinton.... u r my hero. Thanks Coach Gibbs for keeping this team together... and Sean...... thanks for being on the field!!!!!!:dallasuck

I'm sure the pukes planned to rush for one yard tonight...

When it all comes down to it, much like the game in 2005, the team never got off the bus.

No effort, no emotion, nothing.

While I didnt expect them to treat the game like the Super Bowl, I did expect them to treat it like they were playing our biggest rival.

Oops, they were. Someone forgot to let them know that.

Why did Wade throw the challenge flag (twice) if he didn't care? Why did Romo sits to pee play the majority of the game if they didn't care? Don't they say that injuries happen if you're out there half-assing it? I saw a Dallass team in the first half trying to play. I also saw a Redskin team dominating that game. What a bunch of punks.

Thanks HHM. I hate seeing my team lose and it takes a lot of guts to suck it up and come on a rivals message board to admit your team didn't really get off the bus. They should be a totally different team with Newman, Gurode, and possibly Owens back in two weeks.

We just simply wanted it more and HAD to have it....

Why did Wade throw the challenge flag (twice) if he didn't care? Why did Romo sits to pee play the majority of the game if they didn't care? Don't they say that injuries happen if you're out there half-*****ing it? I saw a Dallass team in the first half trying to play. I also saw a Redskin team dominating that game. What a bunch of punks.

You throw the challenge flag because you want the right call to be made.

You don't give plays away, especially when the refs get it so blatently wrong.

Romo sits to pee played one series more than a half. Hardly the whole game.

Witten and Barber, sadly, were in there courtesy of Wade, to obtain personal accomplishments.

The rest of the team was uninspired, disinterested, and unemotional.

You think I'm happy about that?

When it all comes down to it, much like the game in 2005, the team never got off the bus.

No effort, no emotion, nothing.

While I didnt expect them to treat the game like the Super Bowl, I did expect them to treat it like they were playing our biggest rival.

Oops, they were. Someone forgot to let them know that.

HHM,

Thanks for the thread. Our team straight wupped ya'lls azzez! ;)

Lets hope they do the same at Texas...:D

HTTR!!!

HHM,

Thanks for the thread. Our team straight wupped ya'lls azzez! ;)

Lets hope they do the same at Texas...:D

HTTR!!!

While I'd rather face an easier opponent, such as Tampa, it sure would be nice to end your season in two weeks.

No excuses then. Just good ole fashioned NFCE playoff football. :cheers:

While I'd rather face an easier opponent, such as Tampa, it sure would be nice to end your season in two weeks.

No excuses then. Just good ole fashioned NFCE playoff football. :cheers:

Well I have to agree with you about the NFC East...nothing like it! I certainly hope our B & G come out of Seatle first, with a win..Then to your house to clean up shop :cool: .

Glad to see some rivals with decency and honor. Not bashing HHM just giving a ribbing as usual!

LETS GO SKINS!!!

Well I have to agree with you about the NFC East...nothing like it! I certainly hope our B & G come out of Seatle first, with a win..Then to your house to clean up shop :cool: .

Glad to see some rivals with decency and honor. Not bashing HHM just giving a ribbing as usual!

LETS GO SKINS!!!

I'll give it up when it's due. I've never been shy about that.

But I also like to rub it in just the same. :)

The one question I did forget to ask:

If and when Campbell gets healthy and is ready to return, do you start him?

And when this season does end (most likely in 2 weeks in Dallas ;)), and Collins finishes as well as he is playing now, who is the starter going into 2008?

0-3*

*denotes blown call in "Music City Miracle" :laugh:

Well my friend, let's "hope" he is on the opposite side of another miracle, I really think you all will need it. All the luck Dallas used in that Buffalo game has exhausted your remaining luck needed to go all the way.

Wade's post season record of 0-3* :laugh: :laugh:

Let's add in Romo sits to pee's record in Post Season :laugh:

It's not looking too good right now is it? :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Well my friend, let's "hope" he is on the opposite side of another miracle, I really think you all will need it. All the luck Dallas used in that Buffalo game has exhausted your remaining luck needed to go all the way.

Wade's post season record of 0-3* :laugh: :laugh:

Let's add in Romo sits to pee's record in Post Season :laugh:

It's not looking too good right now is it? :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Karma is a b*tch.

And it seems as if combining the bad luck of Wade with the bad luck of Romo sits to pee would mean a nice Super Bowl appearance.

Didn't we learn that two negatives equal a positive? :D

Archived