Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An Idea for a ST tribute from an Eagles fan

furferret2

This past year, a college kicker died, I believe he played for USC. The first game of the season, they lined up without a kicker for the PAT after the first TD, and took a delay of game penalty.

I think a good way to honor him would be to line up without a FS for the first play on defense, and take a 5 yard penalty. The problem is, the other team might still be able to run a play, and the defense will only have 10 guys on the field, a big disadvantage.

If the opposing coach (I don't know who you are playing TBH), the refs, and the Redskins all got in on it, I think this can happen in a respectful way. Or maybe the other team might be classy enough to take a delay of game.

5 yards on the first play of the game seems pretty small when you think about everything else in life. It will sort of be like a moment of silence.

If this doesn't work out for the Skins, the NFC HAS to do this for the Pro Bowl, they just have to.

I appreciate your intentions, but it sounds kind of improbable. Come Sunday, the team has to be able to go out and play. They are professionals, and even though they'll still be grieving, they've got to go out and play. To bring it onto the field wouldn't be fair to them or to the Bills. Just my opinion.

I'm sure the team will do something special for the players and fans at Fedex. I just hope there is adequate TV coverage, instead of skipping it to show more car and beer commercials.

I like the idea. All they have to do is inform the Bills what's going on. They wouldn't run a play.

I think Juron would have enough class not to run a play, and in the end the Skins' could just decline the penalty...no harm/no foul. Unless(and correct me if I'm wrong), you are forced to take the penalty if it's a deadball foul such as delay of game? Although even then the Skins' could just go offsides to offset the yardage.

I doubt the league would allow it, but I'd love for the 21 yard line(s) at Fed Ex to be painted Burgundy and Gold with a #21 added.
That's a good one too, but that one is shaky in terms of the rule book. Maybe if it was a number like 5, 10, or 15 where there already is a line it would be different.

Perhaps there could be a gold and red 21 painted near the edge of the sideline on the 21 YL.

I like the original idea, although it probably wouldn't work.

How 'bout during the national anthem, both teams line up from side line to side line on each 21 yard line. The Skins should also paint the #21 on all of the hash marks that represent the 21. Just a couple of thoughts.

Archived