Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quick question, where was McCardell today?

mAshparie36

They said in pre-game that Caldwell would be inactive (don't know why). As to McCardell .. we could-ve used him AND Caldwell.

I'm glad to see us commit to the run, but our passing game is one dimensional. Having to use Cooley so much for protection until some of our O-line recovers, we really need to take some long shots to open up our run game. Instead, we are either running the ball or passing two yards behind the LOS EVERY play! Doing it like that, it's no wonder we are three-and-out every series. When the D only has to cover within ten yards of the LOS every play, we'll NEVER make first downs!

my point is why do you have to know why a player didnt play. according to the game i saw we did fine without him. everyone is always looking for an answer for what they saw or didnt see and what the coaches call. some questions are better off not asked, like why are we here and is there really a god, and are we really alone out there.............who the hell cares, enjoy 4-2. i thought moss was gonna have this 27 catches for 683 yards game according to cp this week on coach thompons show, since he was all jacked up after dropping balls last week. so i beleive he just wasnt in "the packages" we sent out there today because we were doing other stuff.

my point is why do you have to know why a player didnt play. according to the game i saw we did fine without him. everyone is always looking for an answer for what they saw or didnt see and what the coaches call. some questions are better off not asked, like why are we here and is there really a god, and are we really alone out there.............who the hell cares, enjoy 4-2. i thought moss was gonna have this 27 catches for 683 yards game according to cp this week on coach thompons show, since he was all jacked up after dropping balls last week. so i beleive he just wasnt in "the packages" we sent out there today because we were doing other stuff.

annnnnnnndddd i stopped caring about two sentences into your post.

your point is why do i have to know? your point is invalid, thus i dont care.

people like you try to come on here and be smart, unlike others who are supportive and open to discussion and helping people out with questions and thoughts.

i highly suggest your re-evaluate your intention when coming on here, opening up a thread that you have nothing good to say about, and just move on.

last time i checked, we were all here in for the good of B&G.

that is clearly not the case for you because you dont believe in God and think that they're aliens out there.

that and you thought we did fine today without him.

:applause: bravo

The coaches did not play McCardell or B Llyod. They were using max protect schemes most of the game with either one or two wideouts.

4 and 5 WR sets were just not part of the equation.

Cheers mate!

We actually ran relatively little true "max protect" today. The TE's and RB's often chipped and went out into passing routes. Campbell took his share of hits.

We ran a number of 3 WR sets. We have almost never run 4 WR this season (sometimes we do it where the fourth receiver split out wide is a TE - usually Cooley).

I think Lloyd was the third WR today. He got in on a number of plays and had one pass thrown at him. Thrash was the fourth receiver and had two passes thrown at him (he caught one). McCardell must have been the fifth receiver, so he didn't see the field.

Archived