Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Link to Michael Vick Found in Evidence Seizure

stwasm

https://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/05/21/0521vick.html

Three envelopes addressed to "M. Vick" were among evidence seized by police under the authority of a search warrant executed on the Virginia property owned by Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, according to documents obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Also seized in the search, authorized in late April in relation to organized dogfighting, was a black 3-ring binder containing "contracts" or copies of contracts.

According to the warrant, police were searching for and could seize "information related to dogfighting, registration papers, other written materials showing ownership of pit bull terrier dogs or other fighting dogs including bills of sale, pedigrees, breeding records and veterinary records; any dogfighting records including name and telephone numbers lists of person suspected of being dog fighters."

The contents, if any, of the envelopes and the nature of the contracts were not indicated in the documents. Vick's company, MV7 LLC, runs a company that breeds and sells pit bulls and presa canario dogs.

Copies of the search warrant, affidavit and the inventory list of evidence collected by the Surry County (Va.) Sheriff's department were obtained by the AJC in a records request filed under the Freedom of Information Act. The information was received by the AJC on the same day that the prosecutor, law enforcement officials, investigators and a member of the U.S. Department of Agriculture met for two hours to review the evidence in the month-old case. The USDA's presence was the first time a federal agency was confirmed to be involved in the investigation.

All representatives at the meeting declined comment, but commonwealth attorney Gerald Poindexter and Sheriff Harold Brown issued a joint statement saying: "At this time, the investigation continues. We have no further comment."

Poindexter said last week that it appears dogfighting did take place in a room inside the two-story house on the property, but it could take several weeks to determine whether charges would be filed and against whom. At least six people could be involved, Poindexter said. A review of evidence will determine if Vick is among those being targeted, Poindexter said.

"I'm never there. I'm never at the house," Vick said before the NFL draft April 28. "I left the house with my family members and my cousin. They just haven't been doing the right thing. The issue will get resolved. It's unfortunate I have to take the heat behind it. If I'm not there, I don't know what's going on."

Poindexter has said there is proof Vick has visited the property.

Vick has since declined to comment on the investigation. He did so again Monday night at a Falcons function at the Fox Theatre. His attorney, Lawrence Woodward, has not returned repeated messages.

The complete list of items seized from Vick's property also included: Cat mill, Jenny mills, carpet mill/stand, treadmills/electric/modified for dogs (all used for conditioning dogs to fight), a rape stand (used for breeding), assorted dietary supplements, weight pull harness, three wooden slat mills, all animals/breeder certification and kennel documents, four stainless kennels, dog food, chains and collars, assorted medicines and a weight scale.

Why dont you guys go and get a life. Oh my god I'm so dissapointed in Vick! Blah, blah, blah. Who really cares about a dogfight! If you dont like it dont watch. I myself hate the idea of 2 dogs fighting one another does that make me a better person than someone who does. I'm sure all of you holier than thou saints have done something much worse in your lifetime and if not then you need to live more. Anyway I'm with Portis on this one, people need to mind their own business. If this wasnt M. Vick it would be a non-issue. Period!

Why dont you guys go and get a life. Oh my god I'm so dissapointed in Vick! Blah, blah, blah. Who really cares about a dogfight! If you dont like it dont watch. I myself hate the idea of 2 dogs fighting one another does that make me a better person than someone who does. I'm sure all of you holier than thou saints have done something much worse in your lifetime and if not then you need to live more. Anyway I'm with Portis on this one, people need to mind their own business. If this wasnt M. Vick it would be a non-issue. Period!

Dog fighting isn't a non-issue it is a felony. I have never in my lifetime done anything worse. I have never been convicted of a felony and I have never hurt, tortured or abused a dog. It is an issue. Period.

On the ignore list you shall go.

I think in your rant you forgot to mention about it being a felony. How can you make the arguement that "If this wasnt M. Vick it would be a non-issue. Period!"? If it wasn't Vick, there would be charges and someone would be in the jailhouse. Other than being completely wrong - nice points.

Dog fighting isn't a non-issue it is a felony. I have never in my lifetime done anything worse. I have never been convicted of a felony and I have never hurt, tortured or abused a dog. It is an issue. Period.

On the ignore list you shall go.

Whoever made dogfighting a felony is a complete moron. So murder and dogfighting carry same weight. Yeah that sounds bout right! And so far as u not hurting a dog or anything like that kudos to u. But tell me did u ever get your little pink skirt ruffled?

Whoever made dogfighting a felony is a complete moron. So murder and dogfighting carry same weight. Yeah that sounds bout right! And so far as u not hurting a dog or anything like that kudos to u. But tell me did u ever get your little pink skirt ruffled?

I think this article hits in on the head as far as explaining the situation to you:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6836960?print=true

"If somebody is too stupid to understand the fundamental immorality of dog fighting, you're never going to be able to explain it to him.

So don't waste your breath on Clinton Portis."

:doh: :doh: :doh:

I think.... :doh:

Look, all I'm saying is that under no circumstance should we lock someone up in the pen for something as petty as dogfighting. Convicted dogfighters who have never hurt a person being housed along side rapists, murderers, and pedophiles. Just doesnt make sense to me.

Look, all I'm saying is that under no circumstance should we lock someone up in the pen for something as petty as dogfighting. Convicted dogfighters who have never hurt a person being housed along side rap1sts, murderrs, and ped0philes. Just doesnt make sense to me.

So animals have no rights? You should just be allowed to beat, maim, or kill any animal you see fit? What the **** is wrong with you?

Look, all I'm saying is that under no circumstance should we lock someone up in the pen for something as petty as dogfighting. Convicted dogfighters who have never hurt a person being housed along side rapists, murderers, and pedophiles. Just doesnt make sense to me.

Break the law.. due the time. It really is THAT easy.

I am not going to agree with you here. But i also wont disagree. Drug users and traffic violators, etc. are all sent to the same place. Thats the price of BREAKING the law. If Vick didnt want to go to jail, maybe he shouldnt have broken the law. That being said, i never cared for vick to begin with and never wasted any of my time listening or reading about him. But it seems that Portis is getting almost worse treatment here (as opposed to the usual " Oh Vick is a piece of **** " response and then moving on. ) People giving away their Portis jerseys? People calling for trades, and cuts? I think that is a little extreme for a stupid Statement.

When all is said and done, Vick broke the law and deserve whatever comes with it... Whether you agree with it or not.

So animals have no rights? You should just be allowed to beat, maim, or kill any animal you see fit? What the **** is wrong with you?

No rights for animals? Are you kidding me? Maybe you need to go and check out some of the videos on the PETA website and see what some of these slaughterhouse do in order for us to eat. Now that's what I call inhumane but because it's our food it's a different circumstance right. And for those of you who did not already hear I do not condone dogfighting on any level. I'm just from a place where there are things going on in the neighborhood that just take precedence. I also am a firm believer in if you do the crime you do the time. But I also know when something is unfair and unjust. If it were your relative would you think a (let's be lenient) 2 year jail term is fair for dogfighting?

No rights for animals? Are you kidding me? Maybe you need to go and check out some of the videos on the PETA website and see what some of these slaughterhouse do in order for us to eat. Now that's what I call inhumane but because it's our food it's a different circumstance right. And for those of you who did not already hear I do not condone dogfighting on any level. I'm just from a place where there are things going on in the neighborhood that just take precedence. I also am a firm believer in if you do the crime you do the time. But I also know when something is unfair and unjust. If it were your relative would you think a (let's be lenient) 2 year jail term is fair for dogfighting?

I don't think 2 years is enough time, relative or not.

I don't understand what you fail to grasp about this situation. It's not as though this is a victimless crime, such as using illegal drugs. When someone conducts a dog fight, the end result is one of the dogs DIES.

Or, if you only care about human life, think about it this way. Rotweilers, Pitt Bulls, Chows and Sha Pei's are popular domestic pets and also frequently used in dog fighting. The breeding practices used by those who breed dogs for fighting have spilled outside the small world of dog fighting and have begun injecting dangerous tendencies into these breeds. Essentially, people don't always know where their dog comes from, and many of the violent dog attacks on children and other citizens can be tied to the breeding practices of fighting mills.

There is a reason this is a felony, cruelty to animals being preeminent. It certainly affects humans though as well, if you're under the childish and intellectually stunted impression that no other life matters.

I don't think 2 years is enough time, relative or not.

Yeah right! So i guess you are an animal rights activist. Meaning, you actually donate to charities, support animal rights, and an Eagle Scout to boot. I highly doubt it! You people are so quick to condemn for virtually nothing.

I don't understand what you fail to grasp about this situation. It's not as though this is a victimless crime, such as using illegal drugs. When someone conducts a dog fight, the end result is one of the dogs DIES.

Or, if you only care about human life, think about it this way. Rotweilers, Pitt Bulls, Chows and Sha Pei's are popular domestic pets and also frequently used in dog fighting. The breeding practices used by those who breed dogs for fighting have spilled outside the small world of dog fighting and have begun injecting dangerous tendencies into these breeds. Essentially, people don't always know where their dog comes from, and many of the violent dog attacks on children and other citizens can be tied to the breeding practices of fighting mills.

There is a reason this is a felony, cruelty to animals being preeminent. It certainly affects humans though as well, if you're under the childish and intellectually stunted impression that no other life matters.

Ignorance once again rears it's ugly head! Dont get caught up in the media hype! There are no bad dogs just BAD OWNERS! I have always had pits and would want no other type of dog. None, I say again none have ever done anything your average ****er spaniel wouldnt do. Guess what it wasnt because of the dogs breeding but rather because of the way I raised them. You probably have never even owned a pit. In essence what you're saying is that if a dogs parents were fighting dogs then they somehow pass the instinct through their DNA to their pups? Yeah that makes perfect sense.

Archived