Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's funny just how easy it is to blame this all on Brunell

HOOS4SKINS

Don't get me wrong Brunell isn't the best answer but he isn't the main reason why we are going to be 2-5. Al Saunders is the main reason why are team is pathetic. Yes, his play calling is frustrating and I don't understand why we only run the ball 15 times when we have CLINTON FRICKING PORTIS! I also don't understand why we throw dink and dunks with wideouts like MOSS, RANDLE EL & LLOYD! (and you can't blame that on Brunell, like Portis said it's hard for Brunell to throw the deep ball when it's not being called!) But all of that is secondary. The MAIN reason about Saunders is he was TOO MUCH! Why fix something that wasn't broken? We were 11th last year on offense. All we needed was a wideout or two. It's sad we have such an explosive offense yet can't score more than 1 offensive TD unless we play Houston. The defense has been a complete dissappointment, but I think we would still be in the hunt if this offense could do more than 3 & out all the time. What a waste, again Snyder proves that our Super Bowl is in the offseason.

Brunell is too scared to stand in the pocket and wait for the someone to get open downfield....so he takes the easy way out and takes the 4 yards from the first down route. He IS the main reason why we arent' doing anything....look at Philly...They have a bunch of rag tag WR's and Donovan still manages to throw 3-4 TDs a game....it's because he's a great QB and Brunell sucks.........just face it!

I blame our losses on our just absolutely horrible defensive play. Brunell's play has been average but it is a typical fan & team nature to blame the qb for their problems. So what happens when JC goes in? Well if our offensive line continues to play horrible, then I begin to fear for a Patrick Ramsey repeat.

portis doesnt get carries because he's getting oxygen on the sidelines and he's getting hurt every other play now. Maybe WATCH the games before you criticze the lack of runs.

Not too mention you can't keep running the ball when you they are stopping the run. If you watched the game today you know the running game was up and down.

I blame our losses on our just absolutely horrible defensive play. Brunell's play has been average but it is a typical fan & team nature to blame the qb for their problems. So what happens when JC goes in? Well if our offensive line continues to play horrible, then I begin to fear for a Patrick Ramsey repeat.

Yet another person who doesn't watch the game.

It's 3rd and 9. Does Mark step up into the pocket and throw to the sticks??

NO...throws the checkdown(4 yds) every time.

How's that the defenses fault?

How is it Al Saunders fault that Brunell can't execute the plays? Add to that it's up to Gibbs that won't bench him and be done with it, what's Saunders to do?

Al Saunders is calling terrible games. Run, run pass isn't very creative. I don't care how much motion you throw in there.

Let's just keep running plays that are consistently ineffective. Yeah, that's great playcalling.

Yet another person who doesn't watch the game.

It's 3rd and 9. Does Mark step up into the pocket and throw to the sticks??

NO...throws the checkdown(4 yds) every time.

How's that the defenses fault?

I agree its time for a change at the qb position. But i have no idea what game you were watching because the defense was toast all game long. If this defense was half decent we'd be at least 4-5.

Brunell didn't let Indy score 36 points on him. Granted he only got us 7 himself.

This world class defense has lost it's direction.

You know why the gameplan again Indy is run the ball? It's to keep Manning off the field. Following that same line of thinking, what effect do you think the two failed drives at the start of third quarter had?

The defense played bad but there is no excuse for starting a QB in the NFL that can barely get 1 TD in the scoreboard a game, let alone the average of 3 or so. Brunell doesn't make many mistakes, but he makes no big plays at all.

All of the skins success in the last 2 years, is Moss and Portis. Brunell is riding their accomplishments to keep a starting job in the NFL he has no business keeping.

If you can't WIN a game with your arm or make plays yourself, you have no business being a starter at the QB position. You don't settle for QB's who have to rely on everybody else.

Reasons why we suck: Our Cornerbacks, our O-coordinator's playcalling, our linebackers, our D-line's injuries, Brunell's reluctance to even LOOK downfield, and the coaches' unwillingness to light a fire under our players' butts.

I think that about sums it up. This looks more and more like a 6-10 season, if that.

This team has a lot of things to deal with. As fans we don't know if its the playcalling or the quarterback play. We DO know that the defense is terrible. We know (now) that Novak is suspect. We know that Frost is fiery (heh). We know that even when the running game isn't going great, you should still pound the ball. Apparently we're the only ones who know that.

Sigh. I'll be on the streetcorner selling Drawingboards to the Redskins Coaching staff if you need me.

Archived