Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please Read....Good stuff!

Number5

In my best George W. Bush (after smoking a blunt voice).....

"My fellow Extremeskins, recently, we have all witnessed the increase in our membership in the forum called Around The NFL. Now while the increase in quanity is great, it is the decrease in quality is alarming. Rather than actually reading the entire post, there have been several members who have taken it upon themselves to belittle the poster, sometimes not even knowing that the poster might be a brother in arms.

In this forum, we have all times of fans with different backgrounds such as Eagles fans, Seahawk fans, Cowboys fans, Giants fans, Saints and Bucs fans, as well as Redskins fans. We at the end of the day though are all simply football fans who deserve the respect of each other because we are that, football fans.

Though the last few weeks, there has been a gradual build up of anticipation for the upcoming training camps of the NFL. Accompaning them will be previews of the season by JROCK, MYSELF, TERPS, TOM, THA, (talk about shameless plug ;) ) as well as other to help inform folks about what to expect from the NFC East this season. Hopefully Blue Talon and even Pittman will join us with reports from other divisions in the NFC. What is important is the sharing of this information, regardless of whom it comes from because as well all know, knowledge is power.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we have folks such as Bubba, tr1, Pocono and dockeryfan who supply us all with news that enlightens us, yet there have been numerous people, normally those who are unfamiliar with the Around The NFL family, who have taken it upon themselves to make total arses out of themselves by not reading the thread and adding stupid comments such as the following....

3 - Who cares, this isn't an Eagles forum, post this crap over at philly.com

2 - Your information is biased and it's unfair to my team. Post that junk over in the Pro-Redskin section

1 - Why are you even here posting? Don't you know this is a Redskins site?

These are just a few of the knuckle headed comments that people post and the sad thing is that they normally have less than 100 posts. What I am saying is that the people who not only run this site, but who are active in the forum work pretty damn hard to make sure that we all can enjoy it. Football is a very passionate sport that often keeps us emotionally detached from the rest of the world for the better part of 5 months. We all should learn to enjoy when tr1 posts an Eagles article because it gives us insight about what is going on with the Eagles who happen to be a rival of the Redskins. When THA makes a comment regarding the OL in Dallas we should look at it as him giving everyone a heads up about the potential of that unit, because, since we all are fans of the NFC East, we need to know these things.

Instead of bashing, we should learn to appreciate this information as well as the person giving it to us. They could be selfish and keep it to themselves but instead they choose toshare it with all of us.

So in closing.....we are all Extremeskins regardless if we are Giants, Eagles, Patriots, or Redskins fans. Most of us know that, but some of us just don't seem to get the point."

:2cents:

This message was brought to you by not only an Eagles fan, but by a caring member of Extremeskins.com

P.S.....May God watch over our soldiers in Iraq, especially our beloved brother Westbrook36 who has added so much to our site, and I'm not just talking about trash talking or homerism, but as a person as well. :applause:

Feel free to add on, but I felt the need to address this, even if I'm just a member, I think that I speak for alot of folks up here who are tired of some of the b.s.

Nice post, man. I don't post over here often, but I definitley check in a couple days a day. I think you hit the nail on the head with this one.

Do we really have a Saints fan on the board?

Yep......if I'm not mistaken....

Nice post, man. I don't post over here often, but I definitley check in a couple days a day. I think you hit the nail on the head with this one.

Do we really have a Saints fan on the board?

thespaniard I believe is the resident Saints fan. Good guy from what I can tell. :) And he shares a bond with the Iggles. Years and years of futility. :( But that doesn't mean we can't enjoy our teams on another teams board! :D

Anyways awesome post N5. Pass the blunt this way. ;)

Who cares, this isn't an Eagles forum, post this crap over at philly.com! :evil:

Lol, that's what I was going to say! Seriously though, just ignore the idiots, those of us who've been here and know what's up know that all fans are welcome. Anyone who contributes in a positive way, I'm glad to have here.

Number5 smokes weed so that makes him a rad dude in my book, Iggle fan or not. :)

Thank you...thank you....

I can tell you guys some stories....so could Who Del.....

So for you and DCsportsfan53...this bowl is for you two! :applause:

Archived