Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs will come out strong on Saturday

TLusby

I have read most of the threads and we have about 50% of our fan base who are nervous about our offense and think we will lose, and another 50% or so who think we will defeat the 8-0 Seahawks at home.

I believe that Gibbs did not want to show anything more in Tampa. He sat on a lead and rested players thinking that the defense would hold and we would move on to Seattle. Gibbs was right and we are in Seattle this Saturday and I would imagine that he will still count on his defense; however, he realizes that he must put up at least 21 points on offense to secure this victory.

We will see a very aggressive offense that will comprise of a few trick plays and a whole lot of play action. He will establish the run as always and open up Moss on the play action. I would not be surprised if Gibbs ran a flea flicker on the first play of the game. Do not worry about the offense; Joe Gibbs will be on the sideline doing what he does best: Winning!

The Bucs from what we have read did do some things defensively that surprised the Redskins and were able to be effective in those gambles because they had the personnel to carry it off :)

The Seahawks have a good offense. But their defense is not as physical as Tampas and doesn't have the front seven that can shut down the run and force you into being one-dimensional.

The Redskins can run on the Seahawks and if they put Moss in man-coverage he is going to make some big plays.

Of course the flipside is that the Seattle isn't going to be held to 10 points if the defense is on the field for 40 minutes :)

I agree 110%, good post. IMO joe wasent going to dump his playbook with a 14 point lead. The deffense was playing to well and he probably felt confident to rely on them. Not to mention, You would have to think if joe was worried about his offense, he wouldnt rested portis as much.

Me tooooooo...... :cheers:

I have been saying this all week. (Not the part of JG holding back against the Buc's, I don't think that was the case.) Joe Gibbs will come out running the ball, HARD!!

I look to see Cooley getting back into the mix early AFTER we set up the play action with our strong running game.

I hope we receive the ball first so we can get to it right away! Then our defense can come out and work to PROTECT an early lead.

I was so much more worried about the Buc's than I am about the Chickens. The Buc's just shut us down offensively. I don't know if we went in with the same gameplan as the first game, but they had our number.

Fortunatly for us, we had enough to pull out a win.

I don't predict this to be a high scoring shootout like most people do. I see the Skins winning 24 -17. Though the score will be close, I think we will dominate the game.

Hail!!

:2cents: I think J. Gibbs will come out strong on saturday. We all know that he has a good game plan for the game. Look for portis to have a big game rushing going up against the mvp alexander. He will try to have a better game than shaun. That will only open up the passing game for big plays to moss and cooley. Also look for a couple of trick plays. Also fellas do yall remember when gibbs had S. Taylor at the wide out position early this season just something to think about.

The Bucs from what we have read did do some things defensively that surprised the Redskins and were able to be effective in those gambles because they had the personnel to carry it off :)

The Seahawks have a good offense. But their defense is not as physical as Tampas and doesn't have the front seven that can shut down the run and force you into being one-dimensional.

The Redskins can run on the Seahawks and if they put Moss in man-coverage he is going to make some big plays.

Of course the flipside is that the Seattle isn't going to be held to 10 points if the defense is on the field for 40 minutes :)

Damn Straight. If the hawks offense is on the field for 40 minutes that will spell trouble. I am expecting a steady dose C Portis carrying the rock.

That pitch to portis would have been a TD had he'd thrown a better pass, Tampa Bay could do nothing about it. There was another play we kinda blew all by ourselves too, would've made the score awhole lot different.

Well Gibbs made a great play call when he had Moss fake the screen and go deep. That was awesome. If the ball had a little less air on it, Moss would have run for 6. However, we were in field goal range, and we scored, making it 17-3. At that point onward, it seemed like we didn't try anything new offensively for the rest of the game.

Good post. I think we will come out and punch em in the mouth early and take a quick lead, no matter how big it is, it will be a lead. I wouldn't be surprised to see us run a lot and put up 7 on em and then have a few defensive stops for both teams in a row. It'd be nice to see gibbs with yet even more tricks up his sleeve to show the hawks.

Well Gibbs made a great play call when he had Moss fake the screen and go deep. That was awesome. If the ball had a little less air on it, Moss would have run for 6. However, we were in field goal range, and we scored, making it 17-3. At that point onward, it seemed like we didn't try anything new offensively for the rest of the game.

That play will make the CB's think twice about jumping that screen this week!

The screen will work well this week just from that one attempt at a fake screen.

I agree for the most part. I dont think it was Gibbs holding the playbook though, I think it was more like playing it safe. I think if he knew a certain pass play would work, we would of tried it, being up by only 7. The bucs D was just crazy making us look bad. Gibbs played kill the clock and not to take any chances and it worked. But I think he didnt have a choice. I dont think he was merely saving playbook for Seattle, but rather trying to escape that D. Im glad it worked, but how would it have been if TB gets that inzone catch and ties it. Im just glad we won.

Ofcourse our offense will be much better this week.

I am definitely optimistic about the offense this week. You can't predict the outcome in Seattle by looking at the one game in Tampa and that's what all the so called "experts" have been doing. I also think we'll come out strong.

But I don't buy the theory of JG holding out on calling plays that he wanted to "save" for this week. While play calling is definitely a huge part of winning in the NFL, I put more stock on the execution side of things. Gibbs would have called any play he had in the book if he thought he could have gotten another 7 against the Bucs. Until a lead is big enough that victory is imminent, I wouldn't expect Gibbs to think about the next week's opponent for even a second.

I think we will come out throwing and then use a ground assult to close the deal.

I agree with you. Gibbs will want to quiet down the Seattle crowd, so I think he'll be aggressive fairly early. If he's successful he'll then give them a steady dose of Portis, Betts and the Rock.

I agree with you. Gibbs will want to quiet down the Seattle crowd, so I think he'll be aggressive fairly early. If he's successful he'll then give them a steady dose of Portis, Betts and the Rock.

I am not sure if Rock will carry the ball but I am sure Betts will be in the mix as usual. Gibbs will have our team pumped, ready, and aggressive!

Archived