Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean T to play CB?

Portis the Tortoise

Hmmm....If we were to do that it would be a new formation that we have not used all season that could turn out to sting us. I like the thought, but to test that theory in a playoff game is just a long shot. I say go with Rodgers, Jimoh, Patterson and Morton in that order. Sean Taylor needs to roam the secondary and help with run support, so I think the best positioning would be for him to stay back there. But your right, we are exposed at the CB position which means pass rush needs to step it up and help fill in that CB gap by applying QB pressure early and quick.

When he takes a proper angle, ST's size & speed from the safety spot can cover a "multitude of sins" all over the field.

BUT.....I do think there's needs to be a "Plan B" for the CB position throughout the playoffs given that we are so thin at the postition. I'd like to see Clark & Stoutmire get some work in at the corners. Keep the newer guys & guys with bad wheels (Bowen) in their more natural positions.

When the package dicates how many "cover" CBs (remember, a lot of the blitz packages involve DBs) are on the field, my preference would be:

Springs (if he can go)

C. Rogers (ditto)

Clark

Harris

Stoutmire

Mortenson

Jimoh (the guys got guts to spare & is a special teams beast but his cover tech is shakey - at best. I'd prefer to see him blitzing or playing safety in the multiple DB packages)

Cheers,

CLBinMD

Hmmm....If we were to do that it would be a new formation that we have not used all season that could turn out to sting us. I like the thought, but to test that theory in a playoff game is just a long shot. I say go with Rodgers, Jimoh, Patterson and Morton in that order. Sean Taylor needs to roam the secondary and help with run support, so I think the best positioning would be for him to stay back there. But your right, we are exposed at the CB position which means pass rush needs to step it up and help fill in that CB gap by applying QB pressure early and quick.

ROGERS no D

and no taylor will not play cb that would be retarded. He puts fear in peoples hearts playing where he does. C RoGers needs to step up and play very well.

Hopefully we can keep our D off the field better than we did vs. the eagulls.

sure he can play cb but i don't think he'll be put there this week....plus i like him better roaming the field FREE.....hehehehehe....that way he can hit anyone he wants instead of being stuck on one person........plus as long as he's back there to back up harris or whoever that plays cb...i feel muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better

I'm torn. #21 can hustle, runs down RBs from way behind all the time, has a huge frame to block WRs out of the play, etc. I don't like the idea of changing the gameplan at this point, but I'd rather have another player cover safety than Morton at CB covering Galloway. Rather give up an extra two or three against a run with a different safety than sixty plus on a bomb a backup CB bit on . . .

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Another week and who knows, amybe we can get Springs back.

Archived