Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No front 4 pressure=No playoffs

LiveStrongSkins

Teams are starting to void our blitz... and find the weakness in the run defense. The Washington post had a quote that said the Giants specifically targeted Holdman's side. :puke: Then on top of that in passing situations...we expose ourselves every time because we have NO ONE on the D-line who can get pressure. Any QB in the league will pick you apart when they have 4 days to throw. I really really hope that both coaches and players all re- evaluate themselves and come out like madmen sunday night. The 12th man will be there... but will they?

Agreed. Several of us have been calling for the Skins to draft a DE for some time now. As much as I like Carlos Rogers, I'm beginning to think we should have taken Merriman or Ware in the first round instead.

Regardless, Daniels needs to go and Wynn probably should be moved into the DT rotation and replaced at DE. A true pass rushing threat at DE would draw double teams and make C. Griffin soooo much more effective at DT and our DL much better overall than it is now.

As for Holdman, he's dead to me.:mad:

We have no picks!!!!!!!!! :doh: :doh:

Among players likely to change teams this offseason Darren Howard still has something left in the tank and J. Abraham would really look good in B&G. Plus we do have a 2nd rounder as well. While it's not likely, there may be a player that gets overlooked that can help us at DE.

Agreed. Several of us have been calling for the Skins to draft a DE for some time now. As much as I like Carlos Rogers, I'm beginning to think we should have taken Merriman or Ware in the first round instead.

Regardless, Daniels needs to go and Wynn probably should be moved into the DT rotation and replaced at DE. A true pass rushing threat at DE would draw double teams and make C. Griffin soooo much more effective at DT and our DL much better overall than it is now.

As for Holdman, he's dead to me.:mad:

I agree. The D Line needs to be a priority in the offseason, although thanks to our cap, it's going to be hectic.

Holdman needs to be benched. He was victimized endless times today. Wasn't it HIS side they were running to???

I am totally with you that we need pass rushers. However.....

We had the #4 pass defense going into the game, and our defense's passing yards per game actually improved after this game. The Giants ony had 124 yards passing. Eli had a 38.7 completion percentage and a 51.3 QB rating.

It was the run defense that struggled.

Tiki and Tatum made our D look pretty foolish. Priest didn't run well but that screen was pretty damaging. Why pass against our D when you can run it. The run D gives up the big play or plays. Hell even Frank Gore broke one but it didn't matter. We might finish 9-7 but if the run D doesn't improve the playoffs will be out of reach.

You guys have been reading my posts and believing! I am the one who gets all the hate mail all the time for saying this team needs to stop drafting corners and start drafting defensive ends. I have been saying this for 13 years but the Skins keep falling in love with cornerbacks.

They haven't yet figured out that the best corner in the league stands no chance when a QB is given 5, 6, 7 and 8 seconds to stand in the picket and throw the football.

Is it just me...or is Daniels auditioning for another STARTREK movie. He must be because he acts as though there is a FORCEFIELD around the QB. He can't penetrate within 5 yards of the QB without the forcefield repelling him backwards. Whats up with Greg Williams and his love affair with Daniels. Daniels could NOT start for any other team in the NFL but he is our most beloved defensive lineman in Williams eyes.

Whats up with that. We let Nduke Kalu get away and he started for an NFC champiionship team. Now we have a clone in Chris Clemons but Clemons is not good enough to start in Williams system...kind of like Lavar is not good enough to start over Holdman.

Maybe its the coaches who are the problem...since Jim Johnson never has a problem getting to the QB year after year even with no name scrubs.

You guys have been reading my posts and believing! I am the one who gets all the hate mail all the time for saying this team needs to stop drafting corners and start drafting defensive ends. I have been saying this for 13 years but the Skins keep falling in love with cornerbacks.

They haven't yet figured out that the best corner in the league stands no chance when a QB is given 5, 6, 7 and 8 seconds to stand in the picket and throw the football.

Is it just me...or is Daniels auditioning for another STARTREK movie. He must be because he acts as though there is a FORCEFIELD around the QB. He can't penetrate within 5 yards of the QB without the forcefield repelling him backwards. Whats up with Greg Williams and his love affair with Daniels. Daniels could NOT start for any other team in the NFL but he is our most beloved defensive lineman in Williams eyes.

Whats up with that. We let Nduke Kalu get away and he started for an NFC champiionship team. Now we have a clone in Chris Clemons but Clemons is not good enough to start in Williams system...kind of like Lavar is not good enough to start over Holdman.

Maybe its the coaches who are the problem...since Jim Johnson never has a problem getting to the QB year after year even with no name scrubs.

Listen, genius; and this goes for you too, Livestrong: OUR PASS DEFENSE IS GOOD. Manning had a pretty bad day...only 125 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. Our pass defense is tip-top. Its the running game that is killing us. And its not the Dline.

Listen, genius; and this goes for you too, Livestrong: OUR PASS DEFENSE IS GOOD. Manning had a pretty bad day...only 125 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. Our pass defense is tip-top. Its the running game that is killing us. And its not the Dline.

No reason to address people like that. They are entitled to thier opinion.

And I agree with both of them. Our pass defence is not that good. The reason why manning had 125 yards? Because they didnt have to pass the ball.

When big plays had to be made throwing the ball, Manning made it.

That is very true. How many times did Manning find a wide open Shockey over the middle in a crucial 3rd down. Our defense couldn't stop a play to save their lives today. Furthermore, the reason why the run defense was so bad was due to horrible angles and tackling. I saw Tiki break a plethora of tackles because corners (yes, I mean you Walt Harris) were tackling too high, and 'backers (and you too Holdman!) were taking horrible angles at the runner.

Slowly, I've seen our run defense perform worse and worse. In the previous games, they played well and then gave up a huge play. The Giants looked at the film and realized the HUGE flaw in our defensive scheme is our defensive unit gives up big plays on sweeps to the left side. Tatum Bell's first TD was a on a counter sweep to the left, Holmes' screen began on the left side of the field, Al Gore changed directions and scored UNTOUCHED by attacking our right side of the defense. And Tiki exploited it ALL DAY. In every play mentioned, Daniels was embarassed and didn't even come close to making the tackle, and Holdman couldn't shed the block to make a play. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Holdman needs to be benched immediately, Daniels just plain sucks. Neither one of them are doing this team any favors. Furthermore, Walt Harris needs to remember how to make a proper tackle.

Archived