Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clayton on "Inside the Huddle"

jpark

Did anybody catch this on Sportscenter at 6:35ish?

I missed the majority of his report, but it sounded like he was saying that the Redskins had been in touch with Freddy Mitchell and "the phone lines were open."

At the end he concluded by saying the Redskins could be a favorite to get Mitchell.

I would like to hear from someone who caught the whole thing. I am curious as to whether or not it was speculation or if there was actual conversation going on between the Skins and Freddy.

I really can't see this happening due to the character issues and Freddy's insistence on being a prime target.

Anyone catch it?

Nah, it was just speculation. Clayton even said we hadn't contacted his agent. He did say, though, that we may be interested if we release Rod Gardner.

I say Clayton is dead wrong. We have enough recievers even without Gardner, and we surely don't need a scrub like Fred Ex.

I say Clayton is dead wrong. We have enough recievers even without Gardner, and we surely don't need a scrub like Fred Ex.

I agree. Even after we release Gardner, there still won't be a place on the football team for Mitchell. He has nothing to offer, IMO.

After this offseason, I will not rule anything out until Joe Gibbs tells me to. :paranoid:

Actually, I wouldn't be opposed to signing FredEx for a one year minimum, but he'd never go for it.

But I like our WR's just fine. I think, like the defense last year, they will be the surprise of the upcoming season.

Originally posted by Jay Master Jay

All the media does is create speculation ****ell wont be a Redskin we might as well keep Gardner if were considering signing him anyway.

I agree, I'd rather have Gardner.

IF we cut Gardner then what other receivers???

Thrash?Gibbs called Thrash a mini-tight end at the end of last season....

McCants? I'd like to see him get the chance but he has to be willing to take it when its there and do the little things the coaching staff asks him to do....

Thats it besides Patten/Moss/Jacobs...who else are we talking about??

Archived