Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let me clear something up about Sirius NFL Radio

@DCGoldPants

Over the past few months, we've seen enough threads about something they heard on the radio, without a name associated to the rumor/fact.

So, I think its important to understand for those who don't get that station.

more than half of their live programing is taking calls from fans who want to ask questions about their teams.

When some Jerk calls and says "I heard that the Skins are trading their 2007 1st round pick and Ramsey to Dallas for Drew Henson." It finds it way on this board, without mentioning that the hosts usually shoot this right down.

Now, I'll be the 1st to admit that these hosts aren't right all the time. But they are better than the fools ESPN and CNNSI have got out there, especially with their 2 Min Drill updates.

This is an NFL run station here. They aren't in the business of lying just because its fun. A rumor can live over there because sometimes its not that far out there. Its easy to believe that maybe all the sudden Seattle has jumped into the Travis Henry trade talks. Is it likely? No, they are trying to move Alexander.....but that type of rumor...and some of the stuff that callers bring up are just from different worlds.

So...... Do us all a favor, and when you hear something like that, especially on NFL Sirus. Try to tell us who said it....... and if you're not sure. Maybe even mention if you THOUGHT it was a caller or host.

You don't hear crazy rumors on NFL Total Access....well, not totally crazy....and those guys run this radio network also.

Its not the PFT or PFW of Football Radio.

Originally posted by Bufford

Over the past few months, we've seen enough threads about something they heard on the radio, without a name associated to the rumor/fact.

So, I think its important to understand for those who don't get that station.

more than half of their live programing is taking calls from fans who want to ask questions about their teams.

When some Jerk calls and says "I heard that the Skins are trading their 2007 1st round pick and Ramsey to Dallas for Drew Henson." It finds it way on this board, without mentioning that the hosts usually shoot this right down.

Now, I'll be the 1st to admit that these hosts aren't right all the time. But they are better than the fools ESPN and CNNSI have got out there, especially with their 2 Min Drill updates.

This is an NFL run station here. They aren't in the business of lying just because its fun. A rumor can live over there because sometimes its not that far out there. Its easy to believe that maybe all the sudden Seattle has jumped into the Travis Henry trade talks. Is it likely? No, they are trying to move Alexander.....but that type of rumor...and some of the stuff that callers bring up are just from different worlds.

So...... Do us all a favor, and when you hear something like that, especially on NFL Sirus. Try to tell us who said it....... and if you're not sure. Maybe even mention if you THOUGHT it was a caller or host.

You don't hear crazy rumors on NFL Total Access....well, not totally crazy....and those guys run this radio network also.

Its not the PFT or PFW of Football Radio.

I concur. I posted similar comments in a thread about draft rumors last week. check out my comments:

my comments

Originally posted by kappaluvacee

I'm listening to Sirius and I haven't heard an utterance about it yet. I think the post is bogus. I noticed some people question the validity of Sirius NFL Radio. I listen daily and they are better (more accurate) than most of the media sources that we trust around here. The thing with Sirius rumors is this: The network is full of personalities that were/are NFL Players and league execs. The information they give is on point. The rumor posters need to be clear if they are quoting a personality's speculation or if they are reporting legitimate agent/team chatter. They tell you that they have sources that they won't name when it is actual chatter between agents/teams. When they don't say that, they are just telling you what they are hearing from rumor mills. That's no different than all of us saying what we are hearing around here. The validity issue isn't with the network; it's with the posters. I post from Sirius only when it's an interview with a player or if they are saying they have inside information.

Looks like we were thinking along the same lines. I think many non-sirius subscribers don't realize it is actually the NFL's authorized version of the NFL Network for the radio.

I agree with your comments about posting rumors and such, but NFL Radio differs from the NFL Network in this aspect. The NFL does own and operate the NFL Network. NFL Radio is owned and operated by Sirius Satellite Radio and is licensed by the NFL. The NFL does not control the content of NFL Radio on Sirius. If they hear something they don't like, they may use a heavy hand dealing with it, but they don't actually control it.

Originally posted by Synergist

Either Way, For you football fans out there, Sirus radio is a must have. Even though you get some crazy's like the Redskin fan from Flordia who screams REDSKINS NATION all the time Sirus and the NFL Network is a must have.

I love that guy from florida (John I think).. He always makes me laugh when he says REDSKINS NATION!!!!. I love the callers because they seem a lot more knowledgable then the callers on the local sports talk radio stations.

I love it as well. My ONLY problem with the entire network though is that Adam Schein's speech bugs the hell outta me. Its not so much the massive nasal whine in his voice, but moreso the fact that the man simply cannot pronounce the letter "T" when it appears in the middle of a word. Ex. Tennessee Ti-ans, Jason Whi-in, Clin-in Por-is.

It drives me completely insane.

lets not pretend that the NFL doesn't have their hands in everything the Radio Network does.

I believe they have a lot of say on who/what is going on there.

Sirius is to the NFL what ESPN, ABC, CBS, and FOX are. Broadcast partners. Did the NFL frown on "Playmakers" and "suggest" to ESPN to dump it. Yeah. Did it work? Yeah. Did they have to can it? No.

Originally posted by frankbones

I have had both and totally disagree.

No comercials > commercials

NFL, NBA, NCAAB > MLB

Sorry, but XM has NBA and NCAAB too. The NBA is limited to ESPN broadcasts, but Sirius has only a limited number of games per week.

Archived