Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mort on the Dan Patrick Show

RabidFan

Of course he is agreeing with Pastabelly about Jason Campbell but also said Gibbs and Musgrave were at Auburn yesterday interviewing Campbell all day. I didn't know this and maybe they became enamored with the kid. Mort also stated that many personnel people around the league think Campbell is on par with Smith and Rogers as a top QB talent-wise. Interesting things afoot in Redskins Park but I'm still a big Ramsey fan and Campbell sure isn't a win now pick so who knows. Take it with a grain of salt.

Originally posted by RabidFan

Of course he is agreeing with Pastabelly about Jason Campbell but also said Gibbs and Musgrave were at Auburn yesterday interviewing Campbell all day. I didn't know this and maybe they became enamored with the kid. Mort also stated that many personnel people around the league think Campbell is on par with Smith and Rogers as a top QB talent-wise. Interesting things afoot in Redskins Park but I'm still a big Ramsey fan and Campbell sure isn't a win now pick so who knows. Take it with a grain of salt.

Maybe they think he is a win-now quarterback. Maybe they're hoping for a Big-Ben type situation...?

Whether Campbell is the number one player targeted is debateable but there certainly appears to be some interest. It seems an awful lot to have your head coach and QB coach go down to Auburn to meet personally with Campbell a few days before the draft just for a smokescreen.

It is also not a good sign of Joe's confidence in Ramsey's long term potential if he is looking at QB's even if they dont' wind up with Campbell.

Originally posted by goose34

Whether Campbell is the number one player targeted is debateable but there certainly appears to be some interest. It seems an awful lot to have your head coach and QB coach go down to Auburn to meet personally with Campbell a few days before the draft just for a smokescreen.

It is also not a good sign of Joe's confidence in Ramsey's long term potential if he is looking at QB's even if they dont' wind up with Campbell.

If the Skins have been targeting Denver's pick prior to yesterday (which can be assumed since Denver had made it know they were looking to move down), then it is not out of the realm of possibility that Campbell is one of a number of prospects whom we are targeting and trying to learn more about.

I agree that it is not a good sign for Ramsey but perhaps they are just doing their due diligence?? Maybe Rogers showed up as well since it was at Auburn?

Originally posted by RabidFan

Perhaps Gibbs became 'enamored' with Campbell like he did with Brunell...

Maybe they were actually with Rogers and made the media believe they were with Campbell. Maybe the just stopped by to say hello to Campbell, maybe he's a long lost relative, who the hell knows, but I tell you one thing for certain, we will find out Sat.

You know who we are really going to draft at 25? Matt Jones just before Pittsburg or Philly can get him. We get four players for the price of one. A wide receiver, tight end and a third string quarter back, who can also long snap. Think about the cap savings. A cap saving of atleast 6 million plus roster spots for more players. When the coaches of the sec say he the best they've played against on offense, defense or special teams.

If the Redskins were truly targeting Jason Campbell, then not everyone in the country would know it.

I mean, honestly, talk about no respect whatsoever. If it was this "obvious" that any other team was going to make a pick that late in the first round, everybody would be wondering what is actually going on. Not to mention the Skins made the trade 5 days before the draft...would they really give up all that for a pick, and then let everyone know who it was they intended to take? Pasquerelli is a fool, as is everyone who jumps on this the-Skins-are-taking-Campbell-even-though-they-already-have-three-QBs-under-contract bandwagon.

Originally posted by GrimReefa

If the Redskins were truly targeting Jason Campbell, then not everyone in the country would know it.

I mean, honestly, talk about no respect whatsoever. If it was this "obvious" that any other team was going to make a pick that late in the first round, everybody would be wondering what is actually going on. Not to mention the Skins made the trade 5 days before the draft...would they really give up all that for a pick, and then let everyone know who it was they intended to take? Pasquerelli is a fool, as is everyone who jumps on this the-Skins-are-taking-Campbell-even-though-they-already-have-three-QBs-under-contract bandwagon.

The sad part is, if someone does take Campbell before we pick regardless of our intentions they will say the Skins traded away the draft and didn't get their man.

Archived