Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need a computer tech

CHUBAKAH

I have no idea what the wife did, but I have been un able to fix her PC. Windows media player will not work, nor will MSN messenger.

My error message is:

dll c: windows\system32\msvfw32.dll is not a valid windows image

Anyone got any ideas on this one?

PS the second HDD I installed months ago is also not showing, and I can't do a backup, or I would have just reinstalled windows and saved a bunch of time...

Originally posted by Skin-N-NY

If your running XP just do a restore

That's another problem, system restore was locked out to the day the problem occured, and I am not able to go past that.

I also can't see this PC on the network to allow file sharing to copy files over to my PC.

If you cant get it fixed, just find that .dll file (msvfw32.dll), and place it into the following folder c:\windows\system32\

If you need the file, Hit me up, ill send you a copy of what i have.

P.S dont download that file from the internet, such as googling it and downloading the first file you find...most of the time, its usually packaged with something else, viruses etc...

*Edit, if you have a second PC, just search for that file, and put it on a disk and copy it to the above folder. It should work.

go to run and type regsvr32 msvfw32.dll

DLL File: msvfw32 or msvfw32.dll

DLL Name: Microsoft Video for Windows DLL

Description:

msvfw32.dll is the module that contains bitmap compression and decompression routines used for Microsoft Video for Windows.

I had a doc-watson error that was driving me nuts.

I tried everything.

So I backed up and re-imaged. My PC runs like the day it was new now.... it was a blessing in disguise.

Good luck with this... I know how frustrating pc problems can be

I'm not sure if this will work, but Windows creates snapshots of the system periodically. These snapshots contain backups of important system files.

This site explains how to do this:

http://www.aade.com/XPhint/XPrecovery.htm

I think you have to look at part two. After doing this, it may allow you to do a system restore again.

Again, I'm not sure if it will work, but try it as a last measure.

UPDATE: Before I came back here I searched for that file on my PC, installed it on her PC and that problem was solved.

I still can not see the other HDD on her system, and her shared files will not show on the network. There is some real weird crap going on here....

• 4 years later...
I need help with a problem. For whatever reason I deleted my firefox toolbar and now I don't know how to get it back. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

What do you mean deleted? did you uninstall the toolbar you may have just hidden it. Try this, go to view>toolbars>and see if its just hidden. Click on it to check it and it should show up again.

Chubakah: do you use HiJackThis??? you might have a script puppy. When you were on the PC did you notice Acrobat reader start up on its own?

Not that I'm aware of. I don't know.

I'm sure it's an easy fix. I just need my toolbar back. I have nowhere to type in web addresses and no home or refresh button and all that stuff. It's really bugging the hell out of me.:doh:

Not that I'm aware of. I don't know.

I'm sure it's an easy fix. I just need my toolbar back. I have nowhere to type in web addresses and no home or refresh button and all that stuff. It's really bugging the hell out of me.:doh:

That was for chubakah

What do you mean deleted? did you uninstall the toolbar you may have just hidden it. Try this, go to view>toolbars>and see if its just hidden. Click on it to check it and it should show up again.

LOL that was it. Thanks so much. Sometimes I'm just too dumb for words. Thanks again.

I knew it was an easy fix.:)

Archived