Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I don't need to live in D.C.

fuji869

As most of you know I am a D.C. Area Transplant living in the Seattle Area, the last time I lived in that area was 1989. Until recently it was hard for me to keep track of what was going on with the Redskins. I remember whenever I would see a Redskins Game that was close on the sports ticker during a game I would call my uncle in Manassas, Virginia to give the play-by-play of the last few minutes.

Now because of the Internet and Direct TV I can follow the Skins like I was living back the Northern Virginia! I watch Comcast SportsNite Daily to get updates (it is kind of cool to see the local D.C. Metro Area commercials) and I have the NFL Sunday Ticket and the NHL Center Ice Package to watch my Skins and Caps live. Not to mention I have this site to talk Redskins Football with.

I love technology, I don't need to live in the Beltway to keep up to date with my teams any more!

sounds awesome .. im gonna be going off to college soon and im gonna need to find a sports bar near where i go to school to watch skins. the prospect of not being able to watch scares me.

2 things.

1) The already mentioned NFL Ticket. Used to have to drive to Wendover NV, 90 mins away to gurantee seeing the Redskins play at a sports bar.(during the Heath Shuler/Gus Ferotte season no less.) Though since then several good ones have opened up in SLC. Desparetly need one in Park City though. :D:pint:

2)More importantly,(obvious, obligatory suck up), the founding,by D.H. , and the discovery by Utah who told me about, Extremeskins. definately a way to keep up and share on all things Redskins. :cool: Will always call Fairfax home though.

I am bitter because not only do I have to get up at an ungodly hour to watch the game out here on the left coast, but my landlord won't allow me to get Direct TV, so I have to drag myself to a bar. I like watching Skins games in my boxers on my couch, now I have to watch them in my boxers at a bar, a small sacrifice, but as Vincent Vega said, its the little things.

Archived