Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

-LMAO- Newt Gingrich wants to run for President

Prosperity

Newt is an idiot and an extremist. And as for the "contract with America" here is one part that really bring home the lunacy....

"Discourage illegitimacy and teen pregnancy by prohibiting welfare to minor mothers and denying increased AFDC for additional children while on welfare, cut spending for welfare programs, and enact a tough two-years-and-out provision with work requirements to promote individual responsibility."

That's right folks, let's make america a better place by giving welfare to anyone other then young mothers. Because most teens are forward thinking enough to consider economic options before having sex.

Punish them for getting pregnant! That will teach them.....too bad we can't jail them for it!

Originally posted by Bufford

ummm, she's in office.....and he's not.

That's her track record.

Jeez......... lets be realistic. Newt can't win jack now. He knows this, everybody knows this.

As awful as Hilary is...... she's still doing something right now that doesn't revolve around giving her opinion on Hannity and Colmes every few days so people don't forget her.

oohhh, that's some track record. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by portisizzle

And wife of a US president that liked soggy cigars.

Man, I tell ya, Hillary does have it going on.

Uh, what does Sen. Clinton's husband's infidelity have to do with this?

If you want to "go there", why not discuss how "successful" and "ethical" Mr. Gingrich was in his personal life?

Discussion of personal issues like this have no place in this debate.

:2cents:

Originally posted by Kilmer17

Newts not running for President. He's positioning himself for a cushy Cabinet post or possibly (long shot) a VP slot.

My money is still on Jeb. Despite what he says to the contrary.

now, here is a question for you Kilmer.

Does the Governors actions during the Shiavo situation help or hurt a potential run in 08? I ask because I believe even the Fox polls that were worded evenly showed that American's didn't like the Feds getting involved. But, that was his state. So, he shouldn't be clumped up with the jerks on the hill.

Lest you libs forget.

Newt handed the Democrats a defeat so bad they they are still feeling the repercussion 11 years later.

Democratic control of the Congress is not even a thought for liberals because of the 1994 Contract for America. Which, by the way, set up the balance budget amaendment and welfare reform.

Newt has a track record that shows fiscal discipline and leadership.

What is Hillary's track record?

ahhhhh yup. NOTHING

The man is pond scum.

He cheated on each of his wives. Six years with Calista Bisek before divorcing his wife.

Stole money from tax free and tax payer supported charities. Cleared from ethical violations ONLY because as Speaker of the House he nomitated one and gave money to another's re-election campain.

He dodged the Vietnam war.

Bounced 22 checks while in the House.

Was dead beat dad.

Then there are the conflict of interest buisness deals.

Portisizzle, this guy is a bad egg. No matter what side of the polictical spectrum you are on, this guy cares for nothing but himself. He would make a bad President. If he was a liberal I would be saying the same thing.

:logo:

Originally posted by Bufford

now, here is a question for you Kilmer.

Does the Governors actions during the Shiavo situation help or hurt a potential run in 08? I ask because I believe even the Fox polls that were worded evenly showed that American's didn't like the Feds getting involved. But, that was his state. So, he shouldn't be clumped up with the jerks on the hill.

I dont think it hurts him B. He could have stepped in at the end and made it an even bigger clusterf@#k, but he was vocal about supporting the parents, but was steadfast that he couldnt do anything more from his office.

I think he PURPOSEFULLY walked that fine line to keep both sides in his corner. He'd carry FLA in a huge landslide, thus freeing up a bunch of money to go to other states. Plus he has an instant campaign staff (his brothers).

Add to that, he's much more eloquent, well spoken, and "smarter" than W. and I think he wins in a cakewalk.

Originally posted by jenmdixon

If you want to "go there", why not discuss how "successful" and "ethical" Mr. Gingrich was in his personal life?

I was hoping to save that until more people mentioned Clinton's cheating....:D

He doesn't stand a chance, which is sad because I tend to agree with him a lot on things, particularly fiscal responsibility. Hastert, DeLay, and Frist are real disappointments in this area.

Calling Newt an idiot is ridiculous, he is one of the smartest people in this country. But after the media put him through the ringer I think he has no chance.

Personally, I'm probably voting Libertarian in 08. Republicans spend too much money and are too controlled by the religious right. The Dems are totally lost, and dominated by even worse interest groups like environmentalists, feminazis, and PC fanatics. I'm tired of the republicans taking my vote for granted so I'm going to vote for a third party until things change.

Originally posted by Kilmer17

I dont think it hurts him B. He could have stepped in at the end and made it an even bigger clusterf@#k, but he was vocal about supporting the parents, but was steadfast that he couldnt do anything more from his office.

I think he PURPOSEFULLY walked that fine line to keep both sides in his corner. He'd carry FLA in a huge landslide, thus freeing up a bunch of money to go to other states. Plus he has an instant campaign staff (his brothers).

Add to that, he's much more eloquent, well spoken, and "smarter" than W. and I think he wins in a cakewalk.

I agree.

I think he's a smart, capable, guy. Seems that he understands how the system works and will do everything under his power for what he believes....but won't change the system.

Don't know about a Cakewalk....but it all depends on what happens between now and 08. If we're still in Iraq, then I say people are going to just assume that another Bush will mean another 4 years in Iraq.

Originally posted by jenmdixon

The beauty of the Clinton legacy is that they both will be forever attached to Monica Lewinsky. That, my friend, puts a smile on my face. See my teeth??:D

BTW, both Newt and Clinton have a personal reputation that resonates in their political life. Try to tell me I am wrong. Heck, Bill and Hillary wrote a book about their personal and professional lives.

Nice try.

Originally posted by E-Dog Night

Newt Gingrich is a maggot of unfathomable proportions. Even with the conservative base being more extreme right wing now than ever before, Newt would never, EVER win the Republican nomination. Republicans may be evil, but they're not stupid.

Bill Clinton who is a bigger 'maggot' won 2 terms ... so it can be done.

Besides, I don't agree with your assessment of NG. He is a force to be dealt with. 11 years ago he may have come across as a little too conservative. He seems to be moving to be a little more moderate - which will be much easier than HC's attempted move from extreme liberal to moderate.

I would welcome a NG - HC race. Just imagine the debates! NG would kick HC's posterior!!

The beauty of the Clinton legacy is that they both will be forever attached to Monica Lewinsky. That, my friend, puts a smile on my face. See my teeth??:D

BTW, both Newt and Clinton have a personal reputation that resonates in their political life. Try to tell me I am wrong. Heck, Bill and Hillary wrote a book about their personal and professional lives.

Nice try.

Hillary didn't do anything that Bill and Newt did. Do you have ANY idea how this will play in the media?

The spouse that was CHEATED ON, running against a KNOWN CHEATER. Who the hell do you think is going to look better in that side by side? Give me a break....that slime ball Newt is every bit the freak Clinton was and he'll get blind sided by it, just as Rudy was for his sexual adventures.

Originally posted by lckelsey4

QUOTE: There is NO chance a republican can win next time

I guess that makes this thread useless then. This has to be the most assenine thing that I have ever heard.

Name a republican that so far is going to run that can win?

The Bush Dynasty? nope...

Rudi is as much a republican as Hillary. (actually Hillary is moving to seem more republican than Rudi)

Arnold can't

Frist... hmmmm maybe

Rice... I would vote for her, but still too much racism/women issues with some people.

Newt: WOW.. thats the best one? And he is AS polarizing as Hillary.

If it was Newt/Rudi vs. Hillary it would be sooooo negative we would have to stop watching THIS November...

Archived