Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Its up to you,..Draft Day 2005

36SKINS56

Originally posted by dfbovey

You left out defensive end in your poll, and there would probably be alot of people clammering for a pass rusher.

Yeah, what he said. :)

I think with the loss of Smoot, we ought to do the best thing we could to help Springs and Harris out......draft the best pass rushing DE available. :2cents:

Best available wr is a tough one becuase i think that if williams and edwards are off the board then my vote changes. if they are on the board then i vote best available wr. This year more than ever i think that everything changes completely with who is picked in front of us.

Trade down, but not too low, if we can and grab Williamson at WR. In the 2nd, I grab the BA DE. In the 3rd, I nab the super sleeper corner from Howard, from our own backyard. In the 4th, I draft the punter from BYU.

Troy Williamson

Official Bio College: South Carolina Height: 6-13/8

Position: Wide Receiver Weight: 203

Class: Junior 40-Yard: 4.38

SCOUTING REPORT

Strengths: Has excellent speed...Size is above average...Was very productive in a tough conference...Has very good athletic ability...Explosive...A big play threat who can really stretch the field...Could be even better in the pros in a more open offensive system.

Weaknesses: Needs to expand his game to be more than just a deep threat...Played in a run orientated offense...Has had some minor injuries so durability could be a minor concern...Not a finished product and will need some work and coaching.

Notes: Passed up a chance to play in Steve Spurrier's offense to go pro early...Underrated player who has been one of the most productive wideouts in the SEC.

Justin Tuck

Official Bio College: Notre Dame Height: 6-5

Position: Defensive End Weight: 268

Class: Junior 40-Yard: 4.56

SCOUTING REPORT

Strengths: Excellent natural athletic ability...Tall and lanky...Explosive speed and quickness...Was very productive and a sack artist...Has a lot of experience against top competition...Is unblockable at times...Getting better every season.

Weaknesses: Undersized...Needs to continue to get bigger and stronger...Improving but still not a force against the run...Needs to show more discipline...Has to continue working on his technique...A possible 'tweener who could project to OLB in the pros, especially in a 3-4 scheme.

Notes: Notre Dame's all-time leader in sacks...Cousin of Adalius Thomas of the Baltimore Ravens...Has made major strides as an all-around player the last couple of years.

Ronald Bartell

Official Bio College: Howard Height: 6-11/4

Position: Cornerback Weight: 211

Class: Senior 40-Yard: 4.37

SCOUTING REPORT

Strengths: Excellent size and speed...Great athlete who would make an impact at any big school...Has fluid hips...Physical and aggressive...Has some upside.

Weaknesses: Played against a low level of competition...Raw and has a lot to learn in terms of technique...Awareness leaves a lot to be desired...It will be a major jump in terms of the talent level and will need to show well at the postseason All-Star games.

Notes: Began his career at Central Michigan before transferring...Has everything the NFL is looking for physically and is one of the top sleepers in the draft.

Matt Payne

Official Bio College: B.Y.U. Height: 6-4

Position: Punter Weight: 229

Class: Senior 40-Yard: 4.76

SCOUTING REPORT

Strengths: Versatile and has kicked and punted during his days in Provo...Has very good leg strength...Mature individual...Can punt for distance or pin the opponent inside the twenty...Good size and athletic ability...Can also kickoff.

Weaknesses: Only average as a field goal kicker...Not as accurate as you would like...Didn't concentrate on just one position in college.

Notes: Statistically one of the best punters in the country...Will probably get drafted late and has a good chance of making an NFL team.

i was watching channel nine news and they said that gibbs likes the progress in barrow so he would replace peirce...and he said hes glad they got guys like walt harris to step in the place of smoot....they said dont rule out filling the needs in with a trade or in the draft....i still think there going to go WR.

Originally posted by atloldskin

Rolle is my selection for now.

If not, trade down and try to grab Rogers (Auburn CB) and Baas (Michigan C). With the Gardner trade, I gamble and select Matt Jones (Arkansas WR) and Jim Davis (VT DT) in the fourth round.

I like that scenario a whole bunch, only that I'd replace Jones with Vincent Jackson who has played receiver for his entire college career and is only .1 second slower in the 40. Just about the same size.

Originally posted by terps'n'skins

i'd have to trade down...pick up shawne merriman...and some how get a wide receiver...and maybe dominique foxworth a 3rd round steal? the best WR and corner available at those picks

I agree, I think Foxworth looked would be a steal. He had some really nice numbers at the combine.

Originally posted by atloldskin

Rolle is my selection for now.

If not, trade down and try to grab Rogers (Auburn CB) and Baas (Michigan C). With the Gardner trade, I gamble and select Matt Jones (Arkansas WR) and Jim Davis (VT DT) in the fourth round.

I am 100% for keeping the #9 pick. At first I was hoping for a D-lineman to get drafted, but our defense isn't THAT broken. They still stopped the run with average linemen. Drafting Rolle and naming him starter would be great.

Archived